Brand new iPhone 6s Plus...extreme battery drain

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Good news....it seems like my battery drain may have just been associated with breaking in a new phone.

I have been off of the charger for almost 8 hours and am experiencing acceptable battery drain. The phone shows about two and a half hours usage which makes sense if that usage time includes streaming audio via Bluetooth to my car speakers. Streaming audio was about one and a half hours and I also used navigation for about 35 minutes this morning.

Right now I'm at 64% and holding pretty steady. That's acceptable to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for keeping us up to date. Glad to here that your battery drainage is doing much better.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Good news....it seems like my battery drain may have just been associated with breaking in a new phone.

I have been off of the charger for almost 8 hours and am experiencing acceptable battery drain. The phone shows about two and a half hours usage which makes sense if that usage time includes streaming audio via Bluetooth to my car speakers. Streaming audio was about one and a half hours and I also used navigation for about 35 minutes this morning.

Right now I'm at 64% and holding pretty steady. That's acceptable to me.

Happy to hear things are improving for you!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have had problems with Facebook draining my iPhone quickly too. Hope they fix it soon.

Apparently Facebook is aware that there's a problem so I'm sure it will be addressed in the near future.

nateohio

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
It's draining again for no apparent reason. I guess I'll be using iTunes to restore as a new phone.

My new iPad Air 2 is running flawlessly and I'm running almost identical apps on it. This is very frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
It's draining again for no apparent reason. I guess I'll be using iTunes to restore as a new phone.

My new iPad Air 2 is running flawlessly and I'm running almost identical apps on it. This is very frustrating.

Can you post a screenshot of your battery usage with application "on" time?

nateohio

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Yeah there is nothing obviously draining the battery. I wouldn't be jumping to restoring as new without doing what I would consider very basic troubleshooting.

Problem is....iTunes is giving me problems now....keeps getting stuck on extracting software

I really hope I can get this fixed. It's primarily because of things like this that I decided to ditch Android. One thing about Android though is it is easier to diagnose and fix these things when they happen.

But that's just the thing....I don't want to have to worry about spending hours trying to fix an issue with my phone

Last edited:

azimesmail

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah there is nothing obviously draining the battery. I wouldn't be jumping to restoring as new without doing what I would consider very basic troubleshooting.

Problem is....iTunes is giving me problems now....keeps getting stuck on extracting software

I really hope I can get this fixed. It's primarily because of things like this that I decided to ditch Android. One thing about Android though is it is easier to diagnose and fix these things when they happen.

But that's just the thing....I don't want to have to worry about spending hours trying to fix an issue with my phone

You might just have a faulty battery. My 128GB iPhone 6S Plus is decent on battery, and I'm constantly listening to music via headphones or bluetooth, or on Facebook, watching youtube, a little gaming. I wake up at 8am, and by the time I get home at 7pm I'm still at 20-30%. It's been like this since I got it a few weeks ago. I also do have it hooked up to a bluetooth speaker playing music all night while I sleep, and even that hasn't effected my battery life, yet.

nateohio

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I wiped it and set it up as a new phone the other day. It's running beautifully now and has been since I did that.

I can honestly say that I do not regret my decision to leave android one bit.

The customization and everything that android has to offer just comes at too great a price. The things I don't like about the iPhone are minor nuances that I just don't care about enough to avoid the platform, and will probably forget about entirely within a couple of weeks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73