Looking for advice on how to best manage my email platforms.

Currently I have 1 gmail account and 2 iCloud addresses. Currently I use gmail for everything like personal email, forum registrations, newsletters, mailing lists etc but want to switch over to iCloud because I like and prefer the integration with all my Apple devices. I use iCloud for contacts, calendar, etc.

I want to try to minimize having too many account across 2 different platforms but I don't mind having 1 account in each platform.

I know for Google stuff like YouTube, G+, blogger I need to keep using my gmail/Google account. I'm not sure if I should just use my Google account for Google account only for Google stuff and switch everything over to iCloud like personal, forums, newsletters and mailing lists.

Any advice?
    10-13-2015 05:33 AM
    Honestly, it may be simpler to just use both. Gmail will sync calendars, contacts and email with your new Apple device. I personally have two gmails, a yahoo and my iCloud. If it is too complicated, it may be honestly easier to use both.
    10-13-2015 07:07 AM
    Honestly, it may be simpler to just use both. Gmail will sync calendars, contacts and email with your new Apple device. I personally have two gmails, a yahoo and my iCloud. If it is too complicated, it may be honestly easier to use both.
    Thanks I could use iCloud for personal email and maybe forward gmail stuff to iCloud.
    10-13-2015 07:50 AM
    I recommend you maintain both until iCloud Drive is on the level of Google Drive, Dropbox and others.
    joe_m_p likes this.
    10-13-2015 07:50 AM
    I recommend you maintain both until iCloud Drive is on the level of Google Drive, Dropbox and others.
    Thanks! What I am going to do is use my gmail email account for forums, Facebook, Twitter, newsletters etc and use my iCloud email for personal and business. I forwarded gmail to my iCloud address. I also use blogger a lot which is Google product so I need a Google/gmail account to be able to use blogger and even G+. As far as drives I'm not too savy in that area but I still have my Google account.
    10-14-2015 05:40 AM
    How isn't iCloud Drive not on the same level?
    10-17-2015 06:58 AM
    How isn't iCloud Drive not on the same level?
    There are apps that integrate with Google drive that do not with iCloud, mainly for storing files. Google Docs is another big thing I know people miss. It's okay to have both.
    10-17-2015 07:16 AM