When Will VERIZON finally enable WIFI Calling on iPhone

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't but they like to promote stuff and advertise.. For example they are releasing it tomm thru the advanced calling feature.. Instead of just including it thru a software update they have to use something else...

It doesn't cost anything that I've seen.

SoxfaninFL

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
This feature will be nice to have. I had this years ago with T-Mobile with my Blackberrys.

I currently have network extender from Verizon, but the signal is weak on the other side of my home. I live near a nature preserve, and the nearest cell tower is miles away.

My wifi is strong throughout my home, so I would prefer to use wifi calling when I'm home which is all the time since I work from home. Looking forward to wifi calling that is for sure!

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
When I updated my iPhone to iOS 9.2, there was also a carrier update to 23.1. I don't know if that has any significance.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Showing my ignorance here, but what is the purpose of a carrier update?
Carrier settings updates deliver proprietary settings to devices that connect the device to the provider's network... and consist of things like default paths to network resources, preferred roaming lists, etc. and they can enable iOS controls on hardware for things like wifi calling...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73