When Will VERIZON finally enable WIFI Calling on iPhone

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It sucks where I'm sitting right now in my house. And there are 3 windows nearby. The whole "Verizon doesn't need it" argument is false.

I have to agree. I have two dots with Verizon in my home and if it wasn't for WiFi I would have terrible service with Verizon at home, but everywhere else Verizon signal is good/better than the others.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Short answer: Never.

Long answer: Their network is top dog. Some do have issues in buildings or at home, but for the most part their coverage is rock solid. Verizon is in the business of raping charging customers for every little thing they even THINK about doing. Giving them the ability to use WiFi can threaten some of those fees or charges they love.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Short answer: Never.

Long answer: Their network is top dog. Some do have issues in buildings or at home, but for the most part their coverage is rock solid. Verizon is in the business of raping charging customers for every little thing they even THINK about doing. Giving them the ability to use WiFi can threaten some of those fees or charges they love.
I'm not so sure Verizon has anything to lose by letting their customers utilize wifi calling. Most people have unlimited minutes these days anyway. If anything, it frees up network bandwidth and retains customers who, for the most part, aren't under contract. I'm willing to bet that they're at least considering it since AT&T flipped the switch.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not so sure Verizon has anything to lose by letting their customers utilize wifi calling. Most people have unlimited minutes these days anyway. If anything, it frees up network bandwidth and retains customers who, for the most part, aren't under contract. I'm willing to bet that they're at least considering it since AT&T flipped the switch.

Yes, thinking of switching to ATT even though they aren't much better in our neighborhood. At least there's the option of wifi calling.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, thinking of switching to ATT even though they aren't much better in our neighborhood. At least there's the option of wifi calling.

Verizon won my business last month because AT&T is spotty in certain areas over here but Verizon is rock solid. So I guess I don't really have a use for wifi calling. Nonetheless, I'll probably take advantage of wifi calling if Verizon offers it at some point.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Verizon won my business last month because AT&T is spotty in certain areas over here but Verizon is rock solid. So I guess I don't really have a use for wifi calling. Nonetheless, I'll probably take advantage of wifi calling if Verizon offers it at some point.

I'm with you on this one, Verizon won me back when I purchased my iPhone 6s Plus. The service is great so no need for wifi calling. I understand why some people would want wifi calling because I have seen the service drop in buildings

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you on this one, Verizon won me back when I purchased my iPhone 6s Plus. The service is great so no need for wifi calling. I understand why some people would want wifi calling because I have seen the service drop in buildings

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

I came from Sprint. I had wifi calling and used it DAILY.

apcman

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I read that Verizon has WIFI calling enabled but it is in their crappy messaging app and not through the stock phone app like everyone else. Why can't they once be nice and handle it like every other Carrier.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Well, what I meant by my comment is that Verizon doesn't do things unless they can monetize it. WiFi calling isn't just a simple "let's flip the switch and turn it on" kind of thing. Not only that, minutes being used are going down whereas data usage is going up. I remember in the mid 2000's when people would use hundreds, even thousands of minutes a month. People now text or use other methods of communication so the incentive isn't much for Verizon.

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Wifi calling for me is pointless. I can use third party apps for free if I want wifi calling. Why pay a company for it? Makes no sense. Companies are in the business of making people believe they need to pay for everything or have it given to them when people have been using third party apps to make wifi calls for years without the carriers.

On another note I have both Verizon and Att. I find my att service to be just as good and better in most places for me personally. Depends on spots. Inside buildings is another story but overall if my att goes down so does the Verizon.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Wifi calling for me is pointless. I can use third party apps for free if I want wifi calling. Why pay a company for it? Makes no sense. Companies are in the business of making people believe they need to pay for everything or have it given to them when people have been using third party apps to make wifi calls for years without the carriers.

On another note I have both Verizon and Att. I find my att service to be just as good and better in most places for me personally. Depends on spots. Inside buildings is another story but overall if my att goes down so does the Verizon.

One word: convenience. I don't want to have to think about whether or not I'm on wifi. When people call me I just want it to work. That being said, I had wifi calling with Sprint and honestly don't miss it. I never have problems making calls when I need to. Then again, I'm never in an area where I have to worry about cell reception being disrupted.

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
One word: convenience. I don't want to have to think about whether or not I'm on wifi. When people call me I just want it to work. That being said, I had wifi calling with Sprint and honestly don't miss it. I never have problems making calls when I need to. Then again, I'm never in an area where I have to worry about cell reception being disrupted.

The same here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro