When Will VERIZON finally enable WIFI Calling on iPhone

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Defiantly but now all the carriers are at war more these days buying out device payment plans and such since there are much contracts anymore.
Not going to say that your comment doesn't have any truth behind it but, with two-year commitments going by the wayside and manufacturers starting to offer their own payment programs, I wouldn't be surprised to see all of the carriers upping their customer service games. Four of the five lines on my account can be ported to a new carrier with a simple phone call. Even the largest carrier can fall very quickly if it makes bad pricing decisions.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Agree, I would choose superior signal over WiFi calling. That is why I remain a Verizon customer. But the question remains, why does Verizon refuse to offer customers WiFi calling?

Verizon Wireless: We won't support Wi-Fi calling until mid-2015 | iMore

They will do it. Verizon is just being Verizon. They count on their network (which is awesome) but I do agree with what you're saying .. Some may not ever want to use it but what does it hurt to have the option if need be?

I am sure we will see it early next year (since they said Mid 2015).

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Who knows. Verizon is always last to roll anything out. It's nice to see that the network is there pri since they will be rolling out and testing 5G first. But at least do something about the wifi calling I am sure it's not to complicated for them.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's only been about a month or so that Verizon has been allowing certain unlocked devices that weren't in a batch OEMed for Verizon on their network... supposedly, any iPhone 6 and above should work... as well as certain Android devices - Verizon can check an MEID of any device for suitability on their network.

It's actually about a month since Verizon confirmed that they're allowing those certain devices that weren't in their SKU system. I know a couple of people that got devices unlocked from AT&T and had them activated on Verizon for legacy CDMA as well as the LTE sim working just fine. Just took them a while to admit that they were starting to do it.

Lightingguy55

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I've got a 5S and a 6 on VZW and get lousy cell service in the house, south shore of L.I., where you think their LTE would be rock solid. Goes to show the variables in cell service. The poor service is the primary reason I still have a land line and would kill for WiFi calling.

May have to call VZW and do some ********.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Who knows. Verizon is always last to roll anything out. It's nice to see that the network is there pri since they will be rolling out and testing 5G first. But at least do something about the wifi calling I am sure it's not to complicated for them.

It involves the government (FCC) so It's always complicated!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
If necessary I will cancel and just go full time to T-Mobile my other provider, but I'm thinking I might be ok. I do not have a standard account. ;) I have a plan that was never offered to the general public. My plan is 59 dollars for unlimited data & text, plus 450 anytime minutes, 5 friends and family free (did you know Verizon did that?), other verizon free, and nights and weekends free. This plan was never released to the public, and was only test marketed to select customers.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
It's only been about a month or so that Verizon has been allowing certain unlocked devices that weren't in a batch OEMed for Verizon on their network... supposedly, any iPhone 6 and above should work... as well as certain Android devices - Verizon can check an MEID of any device for suitability on their network.

Experienced something similar with my Nexus6. Website said it wasn't compatible with VZW. Pull SIM from my 6+, put it in the Nexus6 and worked with no problem. Did not have to change APN either, LTE worked immediately. On my account (myVZW) it listed it as a Non VZW device but everything worked. Some devices simply won't work with VZW, however. Seems like iphones have no issue.

Now my 5S that's on ATT will NOT work with a Verizon sim. Get the dreaded invalid SIM message. I believe that's because it does not have CDMA bands but it could be another issue.

Oh and wifi calling IS a big deal for those of us that find ourselves in dungeons and bilges with no cell service whatsoever. But the 2.4GHz N seems to have -50dB down there...

coldRooster

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I've become so frustrated with Verizon over the past year, that I have decided to deal with Apple Stores exclusively and only keep Verizon as my network provider.
I waited in line at my local Verizon store for 4 hours (1st in line), only for them to tell me they never got a shipment of 6s plus's in, they could have easily put a sign on the door stating this. Verizon appears not to be in a rush to please their customers lately just themselves, as well as last to implement anything to inhance their customers experience. Because their coverage is supiror in my area compared to the other big three, I'm going to stick with them, but if they weren't I would switch in a heartbeat.

Verizon does not discuss inventory because they're not allowed to.

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
This true.. Apple has VERY strict guidelines on what and how things are done with there products and services. They advise that no provider is allowed to disclose the quantity and other information. If a employee is caught doing so or reserving a unit, they will be terminated. Every transaction at all carriers is also monitored by apple, any carrier discounting the units more then they are the employee will be terminated and carrier could be fined or loose there ability to sell there products.. Apple stores can do more as its the company stores.. They want first dibs on anything since its there products...
Verizon does not discuss inventory because they're not allowed to.

fatalpuls3

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I got upset that my home didnt have good enough signal and i rasied heck, I threatened to leave so they suggested that network extender. Well they tried to charged me and I said you can either send me one for free ( just like T Mobile does (yes they suck as a carrier)) or ill be leaving to ATT. So they sent me a refurbished extender for free.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
As good as Verizon service is I don't feel the need for wifi calling and that's probably the same thing they are saying.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
as good as verizon service is does not mean that it doesn't suck in buildings and such, having wifi calling will be a great help for everyone,,verizon definitely thinks that way for sure and they need to get there head out of there a$$ and realize they know they are the best and now focus on customer wants and needs, not just there network and forget customers..
As good as Verizon service is I don't feel the need for wifi calling and that's probably the same thing they are saying.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
as good as verizon service is does not mean that it doesn't suck in buildings and such, having wifi calling will be a great help for everyone,,verizon definitely thinks that way for sure and they need to get there head out of there a$$ and realize they know they are the best and now focus on customer wants and needs, not just there network and forget customers..

I want you to think back and be honest, have Verizon ever thought about the customer? They are always about the money lol

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
LOL..... The Def are about the money thats for sure.. If T-Mobile or should I say when they do have service in my area that is awesome which should be around end of 2016 I am switching.. They are awesome and care about there customers...

I want you to think back and be honest, have Verizon ever thought about the customer? They are always about the money lol

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
LOL..... The Def are about the money thats for sure.. If T-Mobile or should I say when they do have service in my area that is awesome which should be around end of 2016 I am switching.. They are awesome and care about there customers...

I would love to switch but Verizon service in my area is superb

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
LOL...I went back and read some of my post in this thread and I want to apologize for my spelling. Glad I didn't run into the spelling or grammar police...LOL