When Will VERIZON finally enable WIFI Calling on iPhone

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Every carrier so far except Verizon has wifi calling.. They need to finally stop worrying if they are going to look bad with there network, they are obviously the best network in coverage, they need to focus on there customer needs... What do you guys think..

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has always been different when it comes to what they will allow their phones to do. I remember sometime around 2009 or 2010, even though every other carrier's phone were able to so, Verizon would cripple their phones to prevent photo transfer via bluetooth. They were also one of the last carriers to release phones with WiFi capability. Given Verizon's history of restricting features of their phones, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for WiFi calling.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Every carrier so far except Verizon has wifi calling.. They need to finally stop worrying if they are going to look bad with there network, they are obviously the best network in coverage, they need to focus on there customer needs... What do you guys think..

I agree. I've become so frustrated with Verizon over the past year, that I have decided to deal with Apple Stores exclusively and only keep Verizon as my network provider.
I waited in line at my local Verizon store for 4 hours (1st in line), only for them to tell me they never got a shipment of 6s plus's in, they could have easily put a sign on the door stating this. Verizon appears not to be in a rush to please their customers lately just themselves, as well as last to implement anything to inhance their customers experience. Because their coverage is supiror in my area compared to the other big three, I'm going to stick with them, but if they weren't I would switch in a heartbeat.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
What's the big rush to get wifi calling? A slightly sharper phone call? I'll take superior signal strength any day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes but the reason being is if you have poor signal inside a building or in a dead area where there is wifi and no signal, you can always be connected.. Nothing to do with sharper phone call...It also will eliminate there ridiculous over pricing of you buying a network extender...

What's the big rush to get wifi calling? A slightly sharper phone call? I'll take superior signal strength any day of the week.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Honestly it's just not being LAST once again to provide WiFi calling, It's about not satisfing their customers in a timely manner.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Honestly it's just not being LAST once again to provide WiFi calling, It's about not satisfing their customers in a timely manner.

I see where you're coming from but I also remember as recently as September 25th having Sprint, who offers wifi calling, and how much better my service is overall with Verizon. I gave Sprint five years to get their act together and build a respectable network and it never happened.

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Sprint is never going to get as good as the rest.. they are bug slackers and always will be.. the next best is going to be T-Mobile, they will be 2nd in line by end of next year.. they offer awesome service when its there and services.. they are expanding fast..
I see where you're coming from but I also remember as recently as September 25th having Sprint, who offers wifi calling, and how much better my service is overall with Verizon. I gave Sprint five years to get their act together and build a respectable network and it never happened.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

Agree, I would choose superior signal over WiFi calling. That is why I remain a Verizon customer. But the question remains, why does Verizon refuse to offer customers WiFi calling?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Agree, I would choose superior signal over WiFi calling. That is why I remain a Verizon customer. But the question remains, why does Verizon refuse to offer customers WiFi calling?

Who's to say they won't? Up until a few days ago Sprint and T-Mobile were the only two carriers offering wifi calling. I'm sure now that AT&T is offering it Verizon will follow suit.

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Lets Hope so, they did do the upgrade every year on iPhone deal so lets see..
Who's to say they won't? Up until a few days ago Sprint and T-Mobile were the only two carriers offering wifi calling. I'm sure now that AT&T is offering it Verizon will follow suit.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I started looking into the Verizon-lack of WiFi calling service and discovered there might a legitimate reason it is not available to VZW customers. According to this report, AT&T began offering WiFi calling after it received a waiver from the FCC. Maybe Verizon is waiting for the same waiver. The report also says: "With AT&T’s announcement, Verizon Wireless is expected to follow suit." Hopefully this is soon.

AT&T kicks off Wi-Fi calling years after T-Mobile

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Verizon tech swore up and down that my unlocked iphone 6 plus would not work on Verizon and that I needed the "special" verizon model, but the Apple tech assured him it would work, and as soon as the Verizon guy tried it guess what? My unlocked phone worked JUST fine! ;) It has all the correct bands and then some! (later I even got another Verizon person to actually add my serial number to the database so my phone model now appears in my records WOO HOO!!!)

If I didn't have a grandfathered unlimited at a special price I would be LONG gone!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon tech swore up and down that my unlocked iphone 6 plus would not work on Verizon and that I needed the "special" verizon model, but the Apple tech assured him it would work, and as soon as the Verizon guy tried it guess what? My unlocked phone worked JUST fine! ;) It has all the correct bands and then some! (later I even got another Verizon person to actually add my serial number to the database so my phone model now appears in my records WOO HOO!!!)

If I didn't have a grandfathered unlimited at a special price I would be LONG gone!

Is your unlimited going up like they announced from 29.99 to 49.99 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it, I'm on a special rate ;)

Nice ! I just switched to one of the new plans it actually saved me 60 bucks a month my solution to not having unlimited any more is I put a dual band router in my office at work like 3 feet from me lol and I have wifi at home so for the most part now I am covered lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon tech swore up and down that my unlocked iphone 6 plus would not work on Verizon...
It's only been about a month or so that Verizon has been allowing certain unlocked devices that weren't in a batch OEMed for Verizon on their network... supposedly, any iPhone 6 and above should work... as well as certain Android devices - Verizon can check an MEID of any device for suitability on their network.

Last edited:

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Apple has control over the carriers as they hold the goods that people want. Apple iPhones will work on any network as log as the freq is in that phone.
It's only ben about a month or so that Verizon has been allowing certain unlocked devices that weren't in a batch OEMed for Verizon on their network... supposedly, any iPhone 6 and above should work... as well as certain Android devices - Verizon can check an MEID of any device for suitability on their network.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Trust me I am sure they will increase yours. Verizon is famous for screwing you any way they can since they know they have the best network around.

Not going to say that your comment doesn't have any truth behind it but, with two-year commitments going by the wayside and manufacturers starting to offer their own payment programs, I wouldn't be surprised to see all of the carriers upping their customer service games. Four of the five lines on my account can be ported to a new carrier with a simple phone call. Even the largest carrier can fall very quickly if it makes bad pricing decisions.