Wifi calling is horrible. Missed calls and loud distortions like a smoke alarm sound. I have it turned off.
    10-20-2015 08:02 AM
    Yes, thinking of switching to ATT even though they aren't much better in our neighborhood. At least there's the option of wifi calling.
    Verizon won my business last month because AT&T is spotty in certain areas over here but Verizon is rock solid. So I guess I don't really have a use for wifi calling. Nonetheless, I'll probably take advantage of wifi calling if Verizon offers it at some point.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-20-2015 08:03 AM
    Verizon won my business last month because AT&T is spotty in certain areas over here but Verizon is rock solid. So I guess I don't really have a use for wifi calling. Nonetheless, I'll probably take advantage of wifi calling if Verizon offers it at some point.

I'm with you on this one, Verizon won me back when I purchased my iPhone 6s Plus. The service is great so no need for wifi calling. I understand why some people would want wifi calling because I have seen the service drop in buildings

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-20-2015 08:12 AM
    I'm with you on this one, Verizon won me back when I purchased my iPhone 6s Plus. The service is great so no need for wifi calling. I understand why some people would want wifi calling because I have seen the service drop in buildings

I came from Sprint. I had wifi calling and used it DAILY.

10-20-2015 08:20 AM
    I came from Sprint. I had wifi calling and used it DAILY.

Hahaha that's funny, I came from Sprint also and we had no choice but to use Wifi calling lol hahaha

Rob Phillips likes this.
    10-20-2015 08:21 AM
    I read that Verizon has WIFI calling enabled but it is in their crappy messaging app and not through the stock phone app like everyone else. Why can't they once be nice and handle it like every other Carrier.
    meltow likes this.
    10-20-2015 09:17 AM
    I'm not so sure Verizon has anything to lose by letting their customers utilize wifi calling. Most people have unlimited minutes these days anyway. If anything, it frees up network bandwidth and retains customers who, for the most part, aren't under contract. I'm willing to bet that they're at least considering it since AT&T flipped the switch.
    Well, what I meant by my comment is that Verizon doesn't do things unless they can monetize it. WiFi calling isn't just a simple "let's flip the switch and turn it on" kind of thing. Not only that, minutes being used are going down whereas data usage is going up. I remember in the mid 2000's when people would use hundreds, even thousands of minutes a month. People now text or use other methods of communication so the incentive isn't much for Verizon.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    10-20-2015 09:21 AM
    Wifi calling for me is pointless. I can use third party apps for free if I want wifi calling. Why pay a company for it? Makes no sense. Companies are in the business of making people believe they need to pay for everything or have it given to them when people have been using third party apps to make wifi calls for years without the carriers.

On another note I have both Verizon and Att. I find my att service to be just as good and better in most places for me personally. Depends on spots. Inside buildings is another story but overall if my att goes down so does the Verizon.
    10-24-2015 08:14 AM
    Wifi calling for me is pointless. I can use third party apps for free if I want wifi calling. Why pay a company for it? Makes no sense. Companies are in the business of making people believe they need to pay for everything or have it given to them when people have been using third party apps to make wifi calls for years without the carriers.

On another note I have both Verizon and Att. I find my att service to be just as good and better in most places for me personally. Depends on spots. Inside buildings is another story but overall if my att goes down so does the Verizon.
    One word: convenience. I don't want to have to think about whether or not I'm on wifi. When people call me I just want it to work. That being said, I had wifi calling with Sprint and honestly don't miss it. I never have problems making calls when I need to. Then again, I'm never in an area where I have to worry about cell reception being disrupted.
    Gtech21 likes this.
    10-24-2015 08:21 AM
    One word: convenience. I don't want to have to think about whether or not I'm on wifi. When people call me I just want it to work. That being said, I had wifi calling with Sprint and honestly don't miss it. I never have problems making calls when I need to. Then again, I'm never in an area where I have to worry about cell reception being disrupted.
    The same here.
    10-24-2015 11:31 AM
    FINALLY Verizon is doing something with this...

Verizon asks FCC for waiver to enable Wi-Fi calling features
    mumfoau, robertk328 and ladyc0524 like this.
    10-26-2015 11:55 AM
    FINALLY Verizon is doing something with this...

Verizon asks FCC for waiver to enable Wi-Fi calling features
    Good news! Will need to keep an eye on this one
    10-27-2015 05:55 PM
    It's coming soon.
    12-07-2015 12:51 PM
    Not for us.. For android users and only 2 samsung models only right now,, Its a joke...

It's coming soon.
    12-07-2015 12:59 PM
    Not for us.. For android users and only 2 samsung models only right now,, Its a joke...
    "Early next year".
    12-07-2015 01:56 PM
    They say that.. Early to them is like July or later.. There just trying to figure how they can promote something and get you interested in buying it... Thats why they won't enable it right away..

"Early next year".
    12-07-2015 02:13 PM
    They say that.. Early to them is like July or later.. There just trying to figure how they can promote something and get you interested in buying it... Thats why they won't enable it right away..
    It doesn't cost anything that I've seen.
    12-07-2015 02:14 PM
    It doesn't but they like to promote stuff and advertise.. For example they are releasing it tomm thru the advanced calling feature.. Instead of just including it thru a software update they have to use something else...

It doesn't cost anything that I've seen.
    12-07-2015 02:16 PM
    This feature will be nice to have. I had this years ago with T-Mobile with my Blackberrys.

I currently have network extender from Verizon, but the signal is weak on the other side of my home. I live near a nature preserve, and the nearest cell tower is miles away.

My wifi is strong throughout my home, so I would prefer to use wifi calling when I'm home which is all the time since I work from home. Looking forward to wifi calling that is for sure!
    12-10-2015 11:55 PM
    When I updated my iPhone to iOS 9.2, there was also a carrier update to 23.1. I don't know if that has any significance.
    12-11-2015 08:13 AM
    Yes, I saw the carrier update also. I checked and still didn't see the option to turn on calls over wifi.
    12-11-2015 11:51 AM
    Yes, I saw the carrier update also. I checked and still didn't see the option to turn on calls over wifi.
    It's not coming until next year. They have it available for two Samsungs but iPhones next year sometime. Hopefully sooner than later.
    12-11-2015 07:12 PM
    When I updated my iPhone to iOS 9.2, there was also a carrier update to 23.1. I don't know if that has any significance.
    Showing my ignorance here, but what is the purpose of a carrier update?
    12-18-2015 02:03 PM
    Showing my ignorance here, but what is the purpose of a carrier update?
    Carrier settings updates deliver proprietary settings to devices that connect the device to the provider's network... and consist of things like default paths to network resources, preferred roaming lists, etc. and they can enable iOS controls on hardware for things like wifi calling...
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    12-18-2015 02:14 PM
74 123