Huge iOS 9 Pet Peeve

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed this bug? Both mine and my wife's iPhone 6 are doing it. We are both updated to 9.0.1

In the stock calendar app, when in month view, I can't tap on a date once and it open the day view. We have to double, sometimes triple tap to open the date. If I hard reset my phone, it will work great for a few times and then start glitching out again. It's driving me crazy haha.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed this bug? Both mine and my wife's iPhone 6 are doing it. We are both updated to 9.0.1

In the stock calendar app, when in month view, I can't tap on a date once and it open the day view. We have to double, sometimes triple tap to open the date. If I hard reset my phone, it will work great for a few times and then start glitching out again. It's driving me crazy haha.

I'm running iOS 9.1 beta 2, but no issues for me. Will check on my wife's phone and see if it's there.

UPDATE: Just checked, and not having any issues with the month view calendar. She's running 9.0.1 (13A404).

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Damn. Okay I fiddled with it again. When I open calendar and tap on 3-5 dates, it works perfectly. It's when I start clicking on more it starts to not respond properly.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Damn. Okay I fiddled with it again. When I open calendar and tap on 3-5 dates, it works perfectly. It's when I start clicking on more it starts to not respond properly.

I am not saying that you are not seeing what you say you are seeing... but I just tapped on about 20 different dates on my wife's iPhone (9.0.1), and still haven't experienced any issue. Very odd.

lawless_pc

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My wife is on 9.01 and is having the same issue. I've tried a hard reset, but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas aside from doing a restore?

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
My wife is on 9.01 and is having the same issue. I've tried a hard reset, but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas aside from doing a restore?

I've done a full restore as new. I don't know if the problem existed before, but my wife hasn't done a restore and we are both experiencing it, so I'm not sure that would fix it either.... Hopefully it is something that will be fixed with 9.1

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
If call Apple, honestly. When I first upgraded my iPhone 6 to 9.0 I had a strange thing where the Notifications Centre would not appear. They had me perform done actions and it started working. Took one minute, tops.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I just tried my Apple Calendar and the same thing for me. I have to double tap the day in order for it to open on that day. No big deal, but at least I feel like the rest ....I've finally found a "bug".
I'm sitting here testing the "double tap day thingy", and I'm wondering if it's designed this way?....It works so smooth with the "double tap day thingy"

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It happened to me as well and I was annoyed. But I just tried again and it's working fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mj0

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I've had that issue with the 4s during the beta program, then with the 5s with iOS 9.0 Final but not with the 6 Plus with iOS 9.0 or 9.0.1. Neither does my wife's 6s with 9.0.1. It's 2:2 for us ;)

All three were restored from the same backup so this most likely won't be causing this issue, either.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I am running 9.1 (beta 2) and having no issues, BUT my Mom running the official release 9.0.1 on her 6S did mention having issues with selecting a date in the calendar. I think it is the same issue OP

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73