I was driving home tonight and decided to try out the new untethered "Hey Siri" function...and man, I finally feel like Siri and me can have a fruitful relationship aside from the occasional use I gave her before. Calling up songs on the fly without it being connected via cable...in car phone calls with just voice commands...dictation...I mean I know these things should have been native features years ago, but now that we have them combined with Siri, I'm truly excited about the real usefulness of it all!

Cruising down the highway and just freely asking "Hey Siri! What time does the Georgia Tech game start tomorrow?" and getting a full blown answer while also lowering the music it was playing was fantastic. Finally...Siri is hitting her stride!
    09-25-2015 11:47 PM
    I totally agree!!! Siri & I have always hated each other but I think the new features will help us mend our broken relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-26-2015 12:58 AM
    It's awesome. I wonder though how it will impact battery? Does anyone know?
    09-26-2015 02:18 AM
    It's awesome. I wonder though how it will impact battery? Does anyone know?
    Why don't you ask Siri? LOL.
    evorc likes this.
    09-26-2015 08:00 AM
    Was a bit apprehensive to have Siri listening to my whole life but I've found myself trusting her a little more now
    09-26-2015 08:18 AM
    Why don't you ask Siri? LOL.
    LOL.

I guess with the hardware changes t shouldn't drain battery much. I also found that when your phone is face down, it deactivates.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-26-2015 11:08 AM
    This was one of the features that I thought I would miss dearly from my Moto X. When I found out that the 6s would have it, I was ecstatic.

I'm finding that it sometimes has a hard time picking up my "Hey Siri" since my car is kind of noisy though. My Moto X was better at it. Maybe I need to re-calibrate.

Now only if it had Active Display.
    10-03-2015 01:15 AM
    This was one of the features that I thought I would miss dearly from my Moto X. When I found out that the 6s would have it, I was ecstatic.

I'm finding that it sometimes has a hard time picking up my "Hey Siri" since my car is kind of noisy though. My Moto X was better at it. Maybe I need to re-calibrate.

Now only if it had Active Display.
    What is active display?
    10-06-2015 05:26 PM
    Agreed. My dad, coming from a 3 year old Samsung Note, talks to the damn phone all night long...

jk (kinda), but on a more serious note, I do really like the feature fully activated. I find myself using Siri much more (Siri itself is MUCH better than ever before as well, and usually gets what I'm asking correct!).
    10-06-2015 06:59 PM
    What is active display?
    10-07-2015 08:45 PM