iPhone 6s AT&T Pre-order/Shipping thread

Tersanyus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
re: iPhone 6s AT&T Pre-order/Shipping thread

I think next year I'm going to order directly from Apple. Apple stores or shipping direct from Apple is always quicker. I won't line up on launch day. No way I'll be in that crowd.

I really figured with getting my preorder in one hour after it opened I'd get one on launch day. I know demand is high but really.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

I think next year I'm going to order directly from Apple. Apple stores or shipping direct from Apple is always quicker. I won't line up on launch day. No way I'll be in that crowd.

I really figured with getting my preorder in one hour after it opened I'd get one on launch day. I know demand is high but really.

Which did you get? Didn't they give you an estimated shipping date when you preordered?

Vincent Alegrete

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site

I was really skeptical about this launch after the debacle last year, but I think one of two things has happened: either there really isn't as much demand as we think, or the manufacturing issues have been resolved. I'd like to hear some input from people that have at least driven by an Apple Store in the last few days. Here in Louisville, the place was a relative ghost town, nothing like last year's launch. I preordered a 64 GB 6S Plus on the 17th from Best Buy, expecting for it to arrive at some point in late October based off what I was hearing, but to my surprise it was ready for pickup on launch day. I think AT&T may have figured a lot of people would be sourcing their phones elsewhere so they didn't bother trying to stock up. Can't really make heads or tails of it, and definitely not trying to rub salt in any wounds, but it seems like there must be more of these phones around than some of these delays would imply.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Just wanted to relay my experience today. I pre-ordered a 64GB 6s rose gold on 9/18 ad given an Oct 2 - Oct 9 shipping dates. I decided this morning to check out my local AT&T store and see what, if anything they had in stock. I was able to go ahead and get a gold 64GB in store. Customer service guys told me this years rush wasn't anything like last year. They told me yesterday morning they had maybe 10 to 15 people waiting for the store to open. They did run out of 6s Plus yesterday but they had pretty much everything else in stock today. So not a big deal this year in my area. I was able to cancel my on-line order because it wasn't in shipping mode yet. So just wanted to share my experience!

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Origina ship date was 10/16-10/23. I have yet to receive an email notification from AT&T (unless they sent it to my husband's email address), but the shipped status is reflected both on the AT&T site and the mobile app. I just checked the tracking number again and it says that a shipping label has been created and estimated delivery date is 9/29, which is my birthday. Guess I'll be getting a new iphone as a birthday present! *happy dance*View attachment 92752

What a great birthday present...Enjoy you special day with your special phone!

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Just wanted to relay my experience today. I pre-ordered a 64GB 6s rose gold on 9/18 ad given an Oct 2 - Oct 9 shipping dates. I decided this morning to check out my local AT&T store and see what, if anything they had in stock. I was able to go ahead and get a gold 64GB in store. Customer service guys told me this years rush wasn't anything like last year. They told me yesterday morning they had maybe 10 to 15 people waiting for the store to open. They did run out of 6s Plus yesterday but they had pretty much everything else in stock today. So not a big deal this year in my area. I was able to cancel my on-line order because it wasn't in shipping mode yet. So just wanted to share my experience!

Congrats on getting the iPhone today! I had reserved mine with my local Apple store and the crowds were much less than last year...along with the Verizon and AT&T stores that I passed...Enjoy your new phone!!!

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

Origina ship date was 10/16-10/23. I have yet to receive an email notification from AT&T (unless they sent it to my husband's email address), but the shipped status is reflected both on the AT&T site and the mobile app. I just checked the tracking number again and it says that a shipping label has been created and estimated delivery date is 9/29, which is my birthday. Guess I'll be getting a new iphone as a birthday present! *happy dance*View attachment 92752

We ordered at the same time, I received my delivery message today with a FedEx tracking number indicating my delivery is slated for Monday the 28th.

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

I was really skeptical about this launch after the debacle last year, but I think one of two things has happened: either there really isn't as much demand as we think, or the manufacturing issues have been resolved. I'd like to hear some input from people that have at least driven by an Apple Store in the last few days. Here in Louisville, the place was a relative ghost town, nothing like last year's launch. I preordered a 64 GB 6S Plus on the 17th from Best Buy, expecting for it to arrive at some point in late October based off what I was hearing, but to my surprise it was ready for pickup on launch day. I think AT&T may have figured a lot of people would be sourcing their phones elsewhere so they didn't bother trying to stock up. Can't really make heads or tails of it, and definitely not trying to rub salt in any wounds, but it seems like there must be more of these phones around than some of these delays would imply.

Im extremely worried at this point, AAPL shares are going to take a brutal beatdown when the numbers start surfacing. As if the correction wasn't bad enough.......

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Im extremely worried at this point, AAPL shares are going to take a brutal beatdown when the numbers start surfacing. As if the correction wasn't bad enough.......

Yep. Apple is doomed.

They ordered more phones this year than ever before - reportedly over 90 MILLION phones. They are sold out most places... pre-orders exceeded last year's pre-orders, which exceeded the previous year's pre-orders, which exceeded the previous year's ... well you get the picture.

No need to concern yourself, the AAPL shares will be fine.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site

I think AT&T always has the worst back ordered pre-orders lol. I remember it being pretty terrible last year too.

Tersanyus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Well I never thought AT&T shipped on Sundays. Got my shipping notification for delivery Tuesday. 64gb plus in silver preordered one hour after preorders went live.

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

Is there anyone that had 10/23-10/30 shipping dates? And have you got any tracking info as well? I only see people with the 10/16-10/23 shipping dates getting anything...

Cheysay32

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site

Originally October 24 then updated a week later for October 16th. Friday night it was updated for Monday September 28th delivery to my home.

What talk about a buffer for playing it safe on delivery.

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

Quick questions for fellow AT &T customers.....Really appreciate your help!

For AT& T Next, is a credit check required if you're already a long time customer in good standing? (I prefer not to have any hard pulls).

It seems like ordering through AT&T takes a bit longer, so I was thinking of ordering through Apple (using the Next option), but didn't know if a credit check would be ran if I went through Apple as opposed to going to an AT &T store.

Thanks for your help!

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

They don't do a hard credit check as long as you're already in as far as I'm concerned. I'm still a trainee at AT&T so I think once you're a customer and don't have a past due you're good.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Btw saw a rose gold AT&T plus when I was out last night. The wait is killing me lol it was so pretty!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR