Hey everyone, tried looking around, couldn't find the answer, so sorry if this has been answered already.. I think I remember seeing that the 6S+ had a smaller battery than the 6+, is this correct? Does anyone know if the 6S+ will also have as amazing a battery as I keep hearing the 6+ has? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-18-2015 07:05 PM
    Hey everyone, tried looking around, couldn't find the answer, so sorry if this has been answered already.. I think I remember seeing that the 6S+ had a smaller battery than the 6+, is this correct? Does anyone know if the 6S+ will also have as amazing a battery as I keep hearing the 6+ has? Thanks in advance!

That is the rumor. Since the phone has not been released, iFixIt and similar sites have not been able to tear one down to see what's in it. That will happen sometime Friday or Saturday.

I do have confidence in Apple not to screw us over in this regard. IF the battery is smaller, I have to believe that there will be more than enough enhancements in performance to offset that. But we just have to wait for the time being.
    Mikeglo likes this.
    09-18-2015 07:08 PM
    True, guess we shouldn't doubt Apple! Thanks, Hank!

09-18-2015 07:11 PM
    True, guess we shouldn't doubt Apple! Thanks, Hank!

In regards to the battery size/performance/situation, I don't doubt that Apple has it covered... Not sure that I totally subscribed to an opened statement like "we shouldn't doubt Apple". They have done given us a few head-scratchers.
    09-18-2015 07:16 PM
    Lol, true, guess I'll just have to continue anxiously waiting for next Friday..... 7 days to go

09-18-2015 07:22 PM

Looking at the specifications there is about 10-12% weight gain between the iP6 and corresponding iP6S models but no change in dimensions. I doubt it will all be due to an increase in the frame section for "bendgate-tester" resistance, and the obvious contender would be more rather than less battery.

Anyway, the official spec includes an indication of usage time which is pretty much identical between the equivalent models, and it is reasonable to speculate they were tested using the same test protocols. Who really cares about the battery dimensions or capacity? What matters is real world usage and based on the published data it is likely to be identical battery life for a similar usage and duty cycle.
    Mikeglo and qbnkelt like this.
    09-18-2015 07:35 PM