The mall opens at 6, store at 8...how early do you get there?
    09-17-2015 04:49 PM
    If you go to my local apple store in Atlanta (Lenox)...people are apparently ready to line up right now, if that tells you anything, lol!

My guess is grab a camping chair and get there the night before.
    09-17-2015 04:52 PM
    Well damn. So much for that. I might just have to play my odds at trying to reserve online somehow for instore payment after launch.
    09-17-2015 05:29 PM
    Well damn. So much for that. I might just have to play my odds at trying to reserve online somehow for instore payment after launch.
    If you're in a larger market city, there's no chance you'll get it by showing up on launch day...some people report getting them on launch day as walk ins, but they are always in smaller markets. That said, I was able to get an iPhone 6 as a walk in on the Sunday after launch and the wait time was not very long at all (maybe an hour at most)...my mom wanted to get my sister an iPhone for her birthday last year but didn't know about pre-ordering so I went and got it for her.
    09-17-2015 10:29 PM
    The mall opens at 6, store at 8...how early do you get there?
    Line up at a carrier store vs Apple much less people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-17-2015 11:41 PM
    Line up at a carrier store vs Apple much less people

I don't prefer to buy from a carrier. Plus they don't accept Apple Pay.
    09-18-2015 10:21 AM
    I don't prefer to buy from a carrier. Plus they don't accept Apple Pay.
    That's dedication lol I suggest you get a comfy chair lol

09-18-2015 11:50 AM
    I'm going to swing by my Apple Store on Thursday night to see if there's anyone lined up yet. I'm curious to see how many in my area are that dedicated! It won't be a meaningless trip, though, I'll do some shopping at Trader Joe's down the block .
    Mikeglo and TgeekB like this.
    09-18-2015 01:16 PM
    That's dedication lol I suggest you get a comfy chair lol

I think I am just going to see how it goes with online reservations day-of. Buying instore with ApplePay this go around is a mandatory because I want that Discover deal. Unless I were to win an AppleStore G/C from iMore, or something
    09-18-2015 04:08 PM
    Typically at my store people start lining up around 11pm. When I waited in line for the 5 my friend and I got there around 2am and there was already about 50-70 people in front of us.

The Lannisters send their regards.
    09-19-2015 10:12 PM
    Typically at my store people start lining up around 11pm. When I waited in line for the 5 my friend and I got there around 2am and there was already about 50-70 people in front of us.

According to the Apple store I went to today, the mall won't let people line up here prior to 3am. They said if I got there at 3am that would probably be "excessive."
    09-19-2015 10:53 PM
    According to the Apple store I went to today, the mall won't let people line up here prior to 3am. They said if I got there at 3am that would probably be "excessive."
    LOL bah who cares what they say. Lines like these start forming very quickly.

09-19-2015 10:54 PM
    That doesn't mean people won't start lining up outside...just watch, you're going to have that band of people who just have to be first in/first out.
    09-20-2015 12:20 PM
    That doesn't mean people won't start lining up outside...just watch, you're going to have that band of people who just have to be first in/first out.
    And even if the mall strictly forbids people from forming a line at all--inside or outside--until a certain time, there will be people skulking about who are ready and waiting to jump and form a line the minute they're allowed.
    09-20-2015 05:43 PM
    I don't get it, but for anyone going be safe and have fun.
    09-20-2015 08:14 PM
    It's FUN!!! It's a social event more than just pick up the phone. I've only done it once but when I did it, it was tons of fun.
    The Apple Store clerks gave us water and donuts and came around to talk to us.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold
    pantlesspenguin and TgeekB like this.
    09-21-2015 07:07 AM
    It's FUN!!! It's a social event more than just pick up the phone. I've only done it once but when I did it, it was tons of fun.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold
    This is why I would do it. It's more about the event, and the phone comes second. It reminds me of Kansas City's Country Club Plaza lighting ceremony at Thanksgiving. It's always freezing, but the Plaza is PACKED and there's food, live music, dancing, giveaways, etc. Watching the Plaza holiday lights come on for the first time that season nearly becomes secondary...but at the end of the evening you get to see this:

qbnkelt, TgeekB and Priyal27 like this.
    09-21-2015 07:52 AM
    The preorder is so much easier. The fun is there because of this forum.

Besides that I can't help but think that I would be waiting in line with people that will be selling the phones on eBay. That's how it goes but it changes the purpose of the line for me.
    09-21-2015 07:58 AM
    This is why I would do it. It's more about the event, and the phone comes second. It reminds me of Kansas City's Country Club Plaza lighting ceremony at Thanksgiving. It's always freezing, but the Plaza is PACKED and there's food, live music, dancing, giveaways, etc. Watching the Plaza holiday lights come on for the first time that season nearly becomes secondary...but at the end of the evening you get to see this:

http://i.imgur.com/7B3Tq9v.jpg
    That's nice and all... but it aint no new iPhone.
    pantlesspenguin and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-21-2015 09:55 AM

http://i.imgur.com/7B3Tq9v.jpg
    Are you allowed to wear pants? What if it's cold?
    pantlesspenguin and qbnkelt like this.
    09-21-2015 05:10 PM
    Are you allowed to wear pants? What if it's cold?
    Long underwear comes in handy .
    TgeekB and qbnkelt like this.
    09-21-2015 05:13 PM

I agree! It's a social event. I have done it twice, for the iPhone 5 and iPad 3. The iPhone launch was definitely busier and I met a lot of interesting people. Appreciating Apple products was the one commonality that we as strangers all shared.

As far as standing in line, it's really no different then waiting in line for concert tickets to your favourite band. I'm pretty sure that there are a few of us that did that back in the 80s and 90s.

09-21-2015 09:26 PM
    I'm already in line.

Kidding! I have an appointment but I'm planning on showing up a half hour before.
    09-21-2015 09:27 PM
    Only half hour! I was thinking, I should go at least an hour early, I have two reservations, first at 8am (to flip locally) and an 8.30am for my apple upgrade appointment

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    09-21-2015 11:30 PM
    Welp, I'm now having my phone held for pickup at the UPS facility. If it's available to pick up at 8:30 when it opens, I could totally see a line of people who are all there to pick up their phones, so I might be encountering a line anyway that day .
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 09-24-2015 at 12:36 PM.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    09-23-2015 01:01 PM
86 123 ...