Lining up for Launch Day--How early do you arrive?

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I also had no luck getting s rose gold plus at my local  store. I was 20th in line and literally everybody in front of me said they wanted the plus. With the exception of 1 or 2 people I think everyone ahead of me was reseller and trying to buy the max. I didn't find out that I wouldn't be able to get a plus until 9:30. I took the reservation they had available for a 6s 64 but I've decided I really don't want it and I'll just hold out till I can get what I want...128gb rose gold plus.

What I found frustrating about my experience was that the staff kept saying please wait and be patient we're still checking in inventory so the line didn't move for the 1st hour plus. Then when they finally started taking reservations they were jumping all over the line. What was the point of me waiting for 12 hrs if someone 10 behind me was going to be able to reserve before me!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm really, really disappointed. I might go buy an Android, one thing for sure they have plenty of those

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I got mine no problem. When I asked, the AT&T guy said they had lots of stuck due to Apple changing their "procedures". I peeked in when he was opening the cabinet, and I guess j saw about 40 iPhones.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Arrived at Sprint at 6:45, only one there. First employee arrived at 6:50. He asked which phone I was looking for (6s Plus, SG 64g) and he said he would check their stock. They had two. About 7:30 two more people showed up to wait. Since I was first, got what I wanted. The third person in line took the other one. I was in at 8 and back on my way by 8:25.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Here at the tmobile at biltmore I just walked into they had all the 6S in all sizes and colors ended up snagging one in black and 64 gig. Ended up going from a plus to a 6 and so far I'm loving the 6.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
LOVING THIS PHONE!!!
And Touch 3D or whatever is called is AWESOME.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
LOVING THIS PHONE!!!
And Touch 3D or whatever is called is AWESOME.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

I agree but I can't seem to get it to work for Facebook or Twitter. Instagram works. Does it just need to be updated?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Probably. Dang I forgot the update. Gotta go.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I agree but I can't seem to get it to work for Facebook or Twitter. Instagram works. Does it just need to be updated?

Yes! Only Instagram is updated with 3D Touch for now. Wait for the app update to be released. There are only 8 3rd party apps that supports it now. Wait for a couple of days before other apps can offer their update.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine but I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Out of curiosity, I went to Apple Store early this morning to see the line and I'm surprised that the line is too small. Nothing compared to last year. It was too funny to see because it looks like there are more Apple employees showed up than the people in line. I'm guessing, lots of people pre-ordered their phone this year.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I preordered my 6s+ for pickup at the Apple Store here in Tampa for 8-8:30. I got there at 7:00 and there was a small line nothing like I was expecting. I got checked in and about 7:45 the pulled all the 8:00 am reservations out and formed a second line. And the about 7:50 they took all the reserves in first. I was out of there by 8:34.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Next year I think I am doing the Apple Store line. I want to say I did it at least once.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I hope you get what you want.

I reserved my phone for pickup this morning and I'll be going to get it soon!!!

Yesterday after I realized they didn't have what I wanted I just reserved whatever they had and left and went to work.

When I got off work I went over to the  store and the line was longish but not really moving. So I begrudgingly got in the line to get the phone and it started to sprinkle and I finally was like F it! I was exhausted and just didn't have it in to stand in the rain waiting for a phone I didn't even want! Besides I was likely to become some kind of road hazard having been up for 36 hrs so I went home ate and passed out!

This morning I'm up still tired but hey I was able to reserve the phone I wanted!

Lesson learned? the days of a fun iPhone waiting lines are gone. I won't be doing that again.

Durx

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I preordered for collection at the Perth store in Western Australia.

I arrived a little after 6am and was third in the preorder line.

The experience was a good one and I enjoyed the whole thing.

Pretty nice bunch in the line and Apple looked after us with cakes etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Ha!! Loving this baby! Some apps are not doing 3D though. Tapatalk doesn't seem to.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

3D Touch is only supported by a very few Apps right now. Wait for an App update by the developer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73