Lining up for Launch Day--How early do you arrive?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you go to my local apple store in Atlanta (Lenox)...people are apparently ready to line up right now, if that tells you anything, lol!

My guess is grab a camping chair and get there the night before.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Well damn. So much for that. I might just have to play my odds at trying to reserve online somehow for instore payment after launch.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well damn. So much for that. I might just have to play my odds at trying to reserve online somehow for instore payment after launch.

If you're in a larger market city, there's no chance you'll get it by showing up on launch day...some people report getting them on launch day as walk ins, but they are always in smaller markets. That said, I was able to get an iPhone 6 as a walk in on the Sunday after launch and the wait time was not very long at all (maybe an hour at most)...my mom wanted to get my sister an iPhone for her birthday last year but didn't know about pre-ordering so I went and got it for her.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to swing by my Apple Store on Thursday night to see if there's anyone lined up yet. I'm curious to see how many in my area are that dedicated! It won't be a meaningless trip, though, I'll do some shopping at Trader Joe's down the block :).

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
That's dedication lol I suggest you get a comfy chair lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I am just going to see how it goes with online reservations day-of. Buying instore with ApplePay this go around is a mandatory because I want that Discover deal. Unless I were to win an AppleStore G/C from iMore, or something ;)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Typically at my store people start lining up around 11pm. When I waited in line for the 5 my friend and I got there around 2am and there was already about 50-70 people in front of us.

The Lannisters send their regards.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Typically at my store people start lining up around 11pm. When I waited in line for the 5 my friend and I got there around 2am and there was already about 50-70 people in front of us.

According to the Apple store I went to today, the mall won't let people line up here prior to 3am. They said if I got there at 3am that would probably be "excessive."

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
According to the Apple store I went to today, the mall won't let people line up here prior to 3am. They said if I got there at 3am that would probably be "excessive."

LOL bah who cares what they say. Lines like these start forming very quickly.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

That doesn't mean people won't start lining up outside...just watch, you're going to have that band of people who just have to be first in/first out.

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't mean people won't start lining up outside...just watch, you're going to have that band of people who just have to be first in/first out.

And even if the mall strictly forbids people from forming a line at all--inside or outside--until a certain time, there will be people skulking about who are ready and waiting to jump and form a line the minute they're allowed.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It's FUN!!! It's a social event more than just pick up the phone. I've only done it once but when I did it, it was tons of fun.
The Apple Store clerks gave us water and donuts and came around to talk to us.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
It's FUN!!! It's a social event more than just pick up the phone. I've only done it once but when I did it, it was tons of fun.
The Apple Store clerks gave us water and donuts and came around to talk to us.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

This is why I would do it. It's more about the event, and the phone comes second. It reminds me of Kansas City's Country Club Plaza lighting ceremony at Thanksgiving. It's always freezing, but the Plaza is PACKED and there's food, live music, dancing, giveaways, etc. Watching the Plaza holiday lights come on for the first time that season nearly becomes secondary...but at the end of the evening you get to see this:

7B3Tq9v.jpg

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The preorder is so much easier. The fun is there because of this forum.

Besides that I can't help but think that I would be waiting in line with people that will be selling the phones on eBay. That's how it goes but it changes the purpose of the line for me.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
This is why I would do it. It's more about the event, and the phone comes second. It reminds me of Kansas City's Country Club Plaza lighting ceremony at Thanksgiving. It's always freezing, but the Plaza is PACKED and there's food, live music, dancing, giveaways, etc. Watching the Plaza holiday lights come on for the first time that season nearly becomes secondary...but at the end of the evening you get to see this:

http://i.imgur.com/7B3Tq9v.jpg

That's nice and all... but it aint no new iPhone. :D

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

http://i.imgur.com/7B3Tq9v.jpg

Are you allowed to wear pants? What if it's cold?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice