Having a hard time deciding between the 6s and 6s Plus

clankfu

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Battery life is what I'm most concerned with. I can live without OIS, the bigger screen and higher resolution.

If the difference in battery life wasn't so significant, the 6s would be a no-brainer for me since I prefer that size. The moderate to heavy users with an iPhone 6 I've talked to say they have trouble making it through the day if they're staying out late.

I'm really hoping the new chip gives the 6s a big bump.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is what I'm most concerned with. I can live without OIS, the bigger screen and higher resolution.

If the difference in battery life wasn't so significant, the 6s would be a no-brainer for me since I prefer that size. The moderate to heavy users with an iPhone 6 I've talked to say they have trouble making it through the day if they're staying out late.

I'm really hoping the new chip gives the 6s a big bump.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

I can assure you, there will not be a big bump in battery life on either device...what you saw on the last device will be the same on this one, with the 6S Plus edging out the 6S in terms of longevity on a single charge. If you're holding out to see a significant battery life jump because of the optimizations made with both hardware and software, you're going to be disappointed.

clankfu

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I can assure you, there will not be a big bump in battery life on either device...what you saw on the last device will be the same on this one, with the 6S Plus edging out the 6S in terms of longevity on a single charge.

Edging out? Won't the Plus have significantly more juice?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Edging out? Won't the Plus have significantly more juice?

I guess it just depends on what you consider significant...I don't feel a couple more hours of battery life on average very significant, but opinions may differ on that. Either way, the battery life on this new device, if different, will be negligible at best.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I can't compare what a 6 is to a Plus. Never had a 6. All I can say is that the current Plus batt has been amazing in my opinion. I can only assume the 6 S Plus will be just as amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1901Madison1

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Never had a 6 (only the 6+), but from what I read, the difference in battery life between the two phones is significant. Think about it - the 6+ battery is approximately 60% bigger than the 6, but the screen is only about 15% bigger.

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
This was me last year so I went with a 6 because I didn't want to wait forever to get the plus but regretted it shortly after...

Going plus this year and not looking back. the 6 ended up feeling really small in my hands and I'm a dress girl so none of my clothes really have pockets so pocket-ability isn't really a factor

bbhybridchris

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a 6 now and went with the 6s Plus this time around. I like the other features it brings as well though with the OIS and better screen resolution. The battery on the 6 for me just doesn't cut it while I'm at work all day. Most times I have to come home and charge at least somewhat before I go out anywhere in the evening. Now my case is probably much different I work on a dairy farm out in the country so my service is fringe at best this also has some effects on my battery.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a 6 plus from last year and purchased a 6s this year. I loved my 6plus and still enjoy it when I am at home wanting to watch sports stuff. I decided to go with the 6s for a couple of reasons. First off I couldn't find a 6s plus anywhere and secondly I have a 6plus at home that I am keeping. I really like the size difference. The 6s fits better in my hand and does everything my plus does. I am a little worried about the battery life though. So far I have had enough juice to get me through the day. If I want to use it in the evening hours, I do have to charge for a little bit to get me through the rest of the evening. I bought several iPad chargers and use them to charge my wife's phone and mine, they charge the phone a lot faster so I get a good amount of battery life in not to long. If I hate the 6s battery, I will sell it and use my 6plus until something better comes along. For now, I am happy with my decision to go smaller.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I went from a 6 to a 6S+. For me it was actually more about OIS and bigger screen since I'm definitely a big app and medial user. I use my iPad more for school/work than play, and my phone is with me everywhere. Better battery life was just an added plus (pun kinda intended :p). And on the battery side I am seeing a good amount of improvement over the 6, although I do always still keep a charger in my car.

Another think to consider tho, if size is an issue is low power mode. If you can deal with it on a daily basis you may be able to really save your battery. There is a thread floating around her somewhere with a nice video review of someone who tried out using low power mode at all times. A bit extreme for most users, but you could always turn it on before your device hits 20% if you start worrying about battery. It definitely saved me a couple of times when I was rocking ios9 beta on my 6.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods