I know there have been several post going around about this but just want to clarify some things. I currently on Verizion More Everything plan. I pre ordered the 6s+ 64gb through Verizion on the edge program which will drop my line access fee from $40 to $15. So looking for next year.

I will be paying $35.41 per month x 12= $424.92 but to upgrade would have to pay off the remaining balance of $425 so sell for $450 then preorder again.

Or could do Apple Upgrade. Pay $42.45 per month x 12= $509.40 then return to Apple and start over again with the new phone.

Would Verizon still treat as bringing own phone and give line access at $15 a month with Apple Program?

So main difference are:

1. Separate bill to Apple for phone than just on cell bill
    2. Cost $84 more on Apple but get Apple care+ and piece of mind of not selling phone and being without. Currently using a Moto e for next 10 days

Is there any other reasoning for using Apple or carrier?
    09-15-2015 11:38 AM
    The Apple program with AppleCare+ is worth the extra $$... If i were doing an upgrade now, that's what I'd do...
    09-15-2015 11:41 AM
    Verizon's insurance in a P.O.S. My wife lost her phone and when they sent the replacement it was a certified refurbished unit. After using it for a day, the phone behaved erratically so, it got shipped back. The next one they sent to us, the vibrate switch was broken. By the 3rd I was very irritated and told them I wanted a new phone or speak to someone about this. I was getting tired of buying screen protectors and wasting the investment.

When my phone was off contract (paid in full), I still got the $25 discount from Verizon. Just make sure you ask for it.

I am tempted with the Apple plan. I like the thought of piece of mind and now that Verizon changed their upgrade program to where you have to pay the phone off in full, I am not sure the Edge program is really worth it anymore. I was an initial fan when they offered an upgrade after 12 months. Verizon does have a current offer where you trade in your old iPhone and you get a discount towards the new iPhone. I suppose Verizon got a little worried with the Apple deal.

When it is time to upgrade, I think I will go with the Apple deal. Its a little more expensive but, it might be worth it in the end rather than dealing with the hassle of Verizon.

I know there have been several post going around about this but just want to clarify some things. I currently on Verizion More Everything plan. I pre ordered the 6s+ 64gb through Verizion on the edge program which will drop my line access fee from $40 to $15. So looking for next year.

I will be paying $35.41 per month x 12= $424.92 but to upgrade would have to pay off the remaining balance of $425 so sell for $450 then preorder again.

Or could do Apple Upgrade. Pay $42.45 per month x 12= $509.40 then return to Apple and start over again with the new phone.

Would Verizon still treat as bringing own phone and give line access at $15 a month with Apple Program?

So main difference are:

2. Cost $84 more on Apple but get Apple care+ and piece of mind of not selling phone and being without. Currently using a Moto e for next 10 days

09-15-2015 09:50 PM
    Another plus, is that you are not locked into one carrier. I have been wanting to try the other carriers to see which one I would go with. Having Verizon you are sort of chained to them. The degree of difference between the carriers seems to be narrowing.
    09-15-2015 09:53 PM
    Heck of a lot cheaper with VZW and you can still get apple care. You won't get the line discount if you purchase it from apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-15-2015 09:56 PM
    I was curious about the Apple deal vs the Edge and here is my cost analysis. This assumes that I will be getting another phone next year:

Verizon Apple
    -550 -550 Cost to buyout my contract on my 6 plus
    400 300 Verizon will offer me $400 for my phone. If I go to Apple, I will sell through eBay.
    -849 -480 To upgrade next year, I have to pay the phone in full. Apple I just turn it in
    300 0 When I upgrade to the 7, I will sell the Verizon phone on Ebay (the resale amount is estimated)
    -120 Insurance cost through Verizon. Apple's is included.

-819 -730 Total cost in the end when I upgrade with everything above added up

To my knowledge, I will still get the $25 discount per month. Otherwise that could offset it. I would think to Verizon, they would view it as a contract free phone since I am paying Apple and not them. They might charge me an activation fee, since they waive the activation fee only if you do the Edge so, that would narrow down the difference above.

My price estimation is based on Gazelle's current price for my iPhone 6 plus and also what I have yielded before when I solid my other Apple devices on Ebay after Ebay takes their cut for me posting it on their site.
    09-15-2015 11:08 PM

So main difference are:

You only have to pay 60% in order to upgrade if you are willing to trade the current phone in to pay off the remaining ..

09-16-2015 12:04 AM
    You only have to pay 60% in order to upgrade if you are willing to trade the current phone in to pay off the remaining ..

I don't think that is the case anymore. Think have to pay off full price before can upgrade.
    09-16-2015 10:12 AM

So main difference are:

Only reason why I'll always use carrier is simply that I don't often have broken/damaged phones. I'd be more concerned with lost/stolen. Insurance comes included with JUMP! so for me, paying for AppleCare + too... That just isn't viable.

I'm on the older version of the program so I will just pay it off early or sell it, I do that as often as I want. Soon I'll be well qualified so I'll only have to put down the taxes upfront.
    09-16-2015 12:04 PM
    I am going to stick with the carrier as I have not needed AppleCare + in the past, knock on wood. I will just wait until 7 comes out then sell the 6s+ and should be able to easily get $450+. Then go from there next year after we are 1 year into the Apple program and see what is better route.
    09-17-2015 06:22 AM