Will you be upgrading come next month???
    08-28-2015 12:48 PM
    Perhaps... if I win a lottery...
    08-28-2015 12:50 PM
    I don't think I will be, I have a 6 Plus 64GB and it's been great. Additionally Apple just replaced the phone due to the camera recall. So I have a nice new handset (most importantly a new battery!) to see me through to September 2016. I've bought S models in the past and always felt a pang of disappointment and remorse, besides the best features of the S will end up in the 7 next year, along with more stuff and a redesign. I'm going to wait it out.
    08-28-2015 12:56 PM
    Same here. I will wait and see what the 7 has to offer! My 6 isn't that old yet and works great! No need to upgrade this time.
    08-28-2015 01:03 PM
    I'm most likely moving over from Android to a 6 Plus which I will then sell once I can get an "S" model. Coming from Android, only updating my device once a year seems like a ridiculously long time to wait, so I know waiting two years wouldn't happen. I'm a huge proponent of the "latest and greatest".
    Harreh and Jaded_gal05 like this.
    08-28-2015 03:24 PM
    Firstly, welcome to iPhone. I hope you enjoy your 6S. Here's a link you may find useful for transferring all your stuff over.

http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/switch-to-iphone/
    Wildo6882 and Harreh like this.
    08-28-2015 03:44 PM
    Will you be upgrading come next month???
    I doubt it, but we'll see.
    James Yarbrough likes this.
    08-28-2015 07:42 PM
    The non s models always have a different design. For example 3GS to 4 was different design, 4S to 5 was different, 5S to 6 was different. However nothing software wise was ever different on the regular number model from the previous year's S model.

However the S models always add a feature only they have. 4S had Siri, 5S has slow mo and Touch ID, and the 6S is rumored to have Force Touch.

So based on that I usually find that waiting for S models if you can is. better buy.

Well I guess I just remembered that you can't use Apple Pay on the 5S but still I find the S models add extra features that are way better than the redesign.
    anon(5928073) likes this.
    08-29-2015 06:30 PM
    Now. Don't think so. Very content with my current 6 plus. I haven't been this satisfied in a phone in years.
    plantemichel likes this.
    08-29-2015 10:47 PM
    I haven't been this satisfied in a phone in years.
    I couldn't agree more. I mean if you have the means to wait a few weeks or a month (I'd wait a little bit after it comes out to get it but that's just me) and get the 6S/6S+ then go for it but if you wait for the 6S to come out and get the cheaper 6/6+ or just stick with your current 6/6S I think you'll be more than happy.
    08-30-2015 02:26 AM
    I'll be getting it one way or the other. I always upgrade yearly and save up in advance to get his device. It's my way to spoil my hard work ️.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
    08-30-2015 03:07 AM
    I will just because I'm in the JUMP program and I'm slightly to upgrade every year so why not? Also, I want to get a white iPhone this time around. I'm also excited about getting a new iPad. Will be getting that in white also.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-30-2015 07:34 AM
    I'll be upgrading on launch day. Its the one technology release I get excited about. It's become a bit of a tradition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nikkisharif and Jaded_gal05 like this.
    08-30-2015 08:49 AM
    Nah, the 6 works perfectly for me. No need to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    08-31-2015 06:31 AM
    I'm going to wait, about a month and get the 64 gb 6s 😀 !
    08-31-2015 09:22 AM
    I upgraded my 6 plus 16gb to the 64 gb today because I ran out of space. I did the iPhone forever plan with Sprint so I will be upgrading to the newest 6S Plus when it comes out. Having the latest and greatest phone is a weakness of mine.
    08-31-2015 09:28 PM
    To S is my calling lol. I upgrade every year so I'll definitely be getting the new 6S Plus (or whatever they call it) when it's released. I love my 6 Plus but it's time for a change. Think I'll get Space Grey this time since I've had Gold on my previous 2 devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-01-2015 09:00 AM
    I personally prefer the Space Grey devices as I find the white bezels can be distracting at times.
    Wildo6882 and johnmed3 like this.
    09-01-2015 09:40 AM
    I have been going back and forth with this notion for a few weeks now. I unfortunately signed a two year contract at the time with Verizon so I will more than likely wait for the new model to come out next year.
    09-01-2015 10:47 AM
    Ok, people: PUH-LEEZE educate this most puzzled and clueless iMore Techtard: WHAT THE HECK DOES FORCE TOUCH DO???
    What is it for?
    How would I use it, how would I benefit from it?
    Do I need it and why?

... Because honestly, to quote a previous post above, I haven't been this satisfied with a phone (iPhone 6 Plus) since forever.
    So what would be the reason for me to upgrade?
    09-01-2015 11:18 AM
    Ok, people: PUH-LEEZE educate this most puzzled and clueless iMore Techtard: WHAT THE HECK DOES FORCE TOUCH DO???
    What is it for?
    Do I need it and why?

... Because honestly, to quote a previous post above, I haven't been this satisfied with a phone (iPhone 6 Plus) since forever.
    Just the rumor of what I have heard at this point is that it would allow for some additional options within the system and apps. Like how pressing the wifi button just toggles it on and off now, if you did a force press it might take you into more advanced wifi settings. Maybe force pressing on an app, like Twitter for example, could automatically open up into composing a new post. Or the same thing in messages, it could go straight into composing a new message. Those are just a couple of examples that I've heard - but I don't think anyone really knows at this point.
    Evilguppy likes this.
    09-01-2015 03:17 PM
    Just the rumor of what I have heard at this point is that it would allow for some additional options within the system and apps. Like how pressing the wifi button just toggles it on and off now, if you did a force press it might take you into more advanced wifi settings. Maybe force pressing on an app, like Twitter for example, could automatically open up into composing a new post. Or the same thing in messages, it could go straight into composing a new message. Those are just a couple of examples that I've heard - but I don't think anyone really knows at this point.
    Hmmm... I guess I'll have to play with one to decide if it's something I need or not. Thanks!
    09-01-2015 03:55 PM
    Hmmm... I guess I'll have to play with one to decide if it's something I need or not. Thanks!
    I know that I'll need it, but that's because I'm a junkie.
    Evilguppy and nikkisharif like this.
    09-01-2015 03:59 PM
    What is it for?
    Do I need it and why?

I've been using force touch on the Watch since April and it is basically a hard press that reveals additional options within the app you are using at the time. It's quite a lot like a right-click on windows or a 2-finger tap on OSX. Developers can use this feature to offer extra functionality without cluttering the screen with extra buttons.

Here is a couple of links that go into a bit more detail if that helps.

Everything Force Touch can do on your Apple Watch
    Force Touch on the iPhone 6s said to focus on shortcuts | iMore

As for upgrading, I personally won't be as my 6 Plus is doing great right now and my 2 year contract always ends on a new numbered iPhone. So iPhone 7 here I come.

Hope this helps
    Evilguppy and plantemichel like this.
    09-01-2015 04:09 PM
    Only if my new 6S will fit in my current iPhone six sized Mophie battery pack and my lifeproof case. Those are two investments that have dramatic depreciation - but are greatly useful me for international travel and beaches.
    Anthonyiamador likes this.
    09-01-2015 11:29 PM
126 123 ...