iPhone 6 owners, to S or not to S? That is the question.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
That my thinking as well. I want to stick the the non-s versions of the iPhone. I will rock this iPhone 6 for another year and then upgrade to the 7. I was hoping to get a new iPad this year but it looks like that's not going to happen either. So the iPhone 6 and my iPad Air 2 will get a lot of mileage this time around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Iphone 6 is better in terms of weight, depth and battery life, i think those who have 6 should use it one more year and then upgrade to direct 7. There is no design difference and nothing special which can make it look different from far, everyone will think that it is 6 not 6s, but sometimes i think that upgrading to S model after every 2 year is worth because you get same design with more loaded features and upgraded hardware, those who really want to show off new design then 7 is better otherwise those who look for better features and hardware then S models are worth to buy.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Iphone 6 is better in terms of weight, depth and battery life, i think those who have 6 should use it one more year and then upgrade to direct 7. There is no design difference and nothing special which can make it look different from far, everyone will think that it is 6 not 6s, but sometimes i think that upgrading to S model after every 2 year is worth because you get same design with more loaded features and upgraded hardware, those who really want to show off new design then 7 is better otherwise those who look for better features and hardware then S models are worth to buy.

I think it was a worthwhile upgrade for me. I had the 6. The camera, RAM, processor, and a few other tiny upgrades seemed alluring. While the RAM is just speculation, I'm pretty confident I did the right thing as I got 128GB from that 64GB I'd had. So that alone was a good step.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

raptorstv

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I think it was a worthwhile upgrade for me. I had the 6. The camera, RAM, processor, and a few other tiny upgrades seemed alluring. While the RAM is just speculation, I'm pretty confident I did the right thing as I got 128GB from that 64GB I'd had. So that alone was a good step.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

Y you so rich, gurl?

lmws214

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm most likely moving over from Android to a 6 Plus which I will then sell once I can get an "S" model. Coming from Android, only updating my device once a year seems like a ridiculously long time to wait, so I know waiting two years wouldn't happen. I'm a huge proponent of the "latest and greatest".

i am also planning to move from my Note 4 to iphone 6 plus, any idea how to transfer the date effectively please? cheers n thanks

James Yarbrough

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
No. I will wait for the iPhone 7. I just figured out how to make my iPhone 6 plus do things. It takes work to learn these things. I'm having fun.

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
My first iPhone was the 4s on Verizon. I waited out the 4 since I expected the new phone to be released just a few months later however it was not. I was very happy with the 4s but by the time upgrade time came around I waited out the 5s as I figured out their game of small upgrades before the redesign of a new model every two years. I ran the 4s into the ground until I got the 6 plus and was very happy with that move. I will do the same with the 6s and skip it. I'm not eligible for an upgrade anyway but if I were I would sit out as well.

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Although the force touch feature looks awesome, along with faster capabilities in the 6s, I'm gonna keep my 6 until next fall to get the new 7. It feels odd cause I've always owned the 's' models (4s, 5s, now 6)

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I probably will but it'll be almost a year before I can upgrade and then I might hold out for the 7 but those 2 gigs of ram has my mouth watering.

scsecret83

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I think you shouldn't upgrade. There's a great article/review on the upgrade "decision" at aconsumerlife.com - apparently I can't link it until I have 10 posts but you should be able to go to that URL and find it. If you ARE going to upgrade though, the main reason would be the front camera and 3D Touch imo.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I really want to but I also have this sense of dread regarding the cost of the phone. I really would like a 6s plus 128gb so that's $1000 and I just have a hard time wrapping my brain around that number. If I was going to sell my iPhone 6 I could stomach it better but my mom really wants my phone and then I get to sell her 5s. Which won't net me as much so I don't know. I feel like I need to get it right away or not at all!

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with my 6+ and will wait for the 7. Plus I just ordered an iPad Mini 4 so my budget for iProducts is up until the new Apple TV is out.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I think you shouldn't upgrade. There's a great article/review on the upgrade "decision" at aconsumerlife.com - apparently I can't link it until I have 10 posts but you should be able to go to that URL and find it. If you ARE going to upgrade though, the main reason would be the front camera and 3D Touch imo.

http://aconsumerlife.com/technology...ew-apple-special-event-september-2015-part-i/

Here's the link, but it's hardly riveting or insightful, IMO.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1.

Marlena Millare

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Coming from a Gold 6plus 16GB 11 months ago to a 6 S plus 64 Rose Gold. Definitely worth the upgrade then again I like to upgrade every year. Got to have the latest & greatest 😉😉👌🏼💖