iPhone 6 owners, to S or not to S? That is the question.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Sure did! At 8:01 Missouri popped on the list for reservations. And the line to buy one without a reservation was AT worst like 15 people. It was not bad at the Galleria at all. I was surprised. They had plenty of stock.

The girl in front of me in line for reservations was having an outright FIT that she couldn't change what she reserved. I mentioned "just make another reservation for a different time slot" and she FLIPPED OUT about "why should I have to do that, I've been here since 8am, I drove an hour. They should be accommodating." I was like "because everyone else might have also done that and they also made reservations. Make a new one. And they will accommodate that.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Sure did! At 8:01 Missouri popped on the list for reservations. And the line to buy one without a reservation was AT worst like 15 people. It was not bad at the Galleria at all. I was surprised. They had plenty of stock.

The girl in front of me in line for reservations was having an outright FIT that she couldn't change what she reserved. I mentioned "just make another reservation for a different time slot" and she FLIPPED OUT about "why should I have to do that, I've been here since 8am, I drove an hour. They should be accommodating." I was like "because everyone else might have also done that and they also made reservations. Make a new one. And they will accommodate that.

One has to love the entitlement spirit that has gripped society.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
She was blowing my mind. The employees held it together well but I wanted to pop her one. She was such a wench. She was also outraged that they didn't have a "trade up" option to buy back her original AppleWatch for the newer ones.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
She was blowing my mind. The employees held it together well but I wanted to pop her one. She was such a wench. She was also outraged that they didn't have a "trade up" option to buy back her original AppleWatch for the newer ones.

Poor, miserable old soul. If that's what's coming out of her, imagine the inner turmoil. :D

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I hate it when people act like you owe them something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the way of the world now. It's disheartening to see. And it is one of the reasons why I am adamant about doing good deeds every now and then. Someone has to compensate for the paucity of human dignity in the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jaded_gal05

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I hope you like the 6 Plus when you get it. I'm going to go for the 7 Plus when it comes out next year...
And I agree with you on your thoughts regarding upgrading your device. I don't upgrade every few months, but I do upgrade yearly to the new iPhone, been doing so since the 3G version. I'm not sure I would like waiting 2 years to upgrade, it would feel like a super long wait.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Was on the fence but the Apple lease program is changing my mind. I know I'm going to want a new phone each year so their plan makes it happen without a big chunk of change at once.

Of course all the 6S+ are sold out in 65 and space grey here in Texas and in Miami where I RON, so guess I'll have to wait awhile.

mmshipon

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I just bit the bullet and upgraded my 6 to the 6s at Verizon. I used an upgrade on my current 2 year plan and went from a 16GB to 64GB for $96! Plus, they had it in stock! How could I say "no" to that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded from the iPhone 6plus to the 6s. I am only worried about battery life. This new 6s is very fast and smooth. I also like the move from large to small as the plus is a behemoth. Holding my 6s in my pockets or hand feels great and I really like the size. Like I said, only thing that worries me is my battery life, but I do have an external battery pack so I may be able to make due.

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a 6+ from Verizon, I'm cancelling and switching to T-Mobile to save money and because their coverage is finally good in my area. Ordered a 6S+ 64GB Space Gray.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 6s since release. I also have a 6 through work. I carry them both at all times and I alternate between the two as my work phone is through Verizon and typically my coverage on that device is stronger than my personal device (Sprint).

That being the case I have to admit, I wouldn't recommend a 6 owner upgrade to a 6S. That isn't to say that I'm dissatisfied with my device in anyway. I love my 6s. But not for any reason that wouldn't and doesn't exist on the 6. I don't use the Force Touch enough to miss it. The camera on the 6 was plenty good. I will admit I find myself wishing the Touch ID was as fast on the 6 as it is on my 6S. You don't really notice how much quicker it is until you've gone back to the 6. I find myself releasing my finger far to early on the 6 and being disappointed that I have to press it again.

But in all honesty, the 6 is a great device and it will do more than enough for most people. Unless you just HAVE to have the latest and greatest I would recommend waiting another year for the next iPhone. You're not missing out on anything life changing with the 6s that would require immediate upgrade. Could I go back? I absolutely could. It just made sense for me to upgrade as my wife broke her iPhone 6. So I gave her mine. And I wanted a 128 GB device anyway.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Just upgraded from launch day 6's to 6s's. Got them at a great price with trade ins. Absolutely believe the upgrade for 6 owners is worth it if you can pull it off.

Last edited: