Anyone get a 6 plus and wish they had a 6

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
After many months using the 6+ today I decided to give the 6 a go. I am very happy with the 6 over the 6+.

I used both in zoomed mode to help my terrible eyes. The 6 zoomed is actually easier for me to see then the 6+ zoomed. Add to that easier one handed use and nicer in the pocket, the 6 is a huge win for me. Probably going to sell the 6+ despite it having 128G vs 16G.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I was reading something on my son's iPhone 6 last night and WOW, it just seemed so small to me, I eventually had to grab the old reading glasses (haven't done that in a while). Thanks, but NO thanks I will stick with my 5.5 inches of HAPPINESS......SMILE

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I was reading something on my son's iPhone 6 last night and WOW, it just seemed so small to me, I eventually had to grab the old reading glasses (haven't done that in a while). Thanks, but NO thanks I will stick with my 5.5 inches of HAPPINESS......SMILE

Wait.....YOU GOT IT?!!??!! How did I miss that?!!!!!!??? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

I agree in standard mode. It is zoomed I am comparing. My eyes are not so great.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Wait.....YOU GOT IT?!!??!! How did I miss that?!!!!!!??? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

It's been two months now...LOL
You must be thinking about the 6s Plus that my Wife is giving me her upgrade for.

micjd1

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Good question, I have both in the 64gb models, I split my time about 50/50 with them. I find the 6 the perfect size for being on the go, while the 6p sees most of its use at home. If I had to pick one exclusively I would go with the 6 as most third party apps are not optimized for landscape mode and the quality of the screen and camera isn't really noticeable between the two.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I got the 6 Plus because of the extra screen real estate. Coming from the 5S, it took me a couple of days to get used to the size. Anything smaller (including the 6) now seems too small. 5.5'' is perfect. I have no portability issues with the Plus so why pick a smaller screen?

When I got my 27'' iMac, I thought it was huge. Now, a 22'' screen seems tiny. Same with TV's. My first 40'' LCD screen seemed almost cinematic.

Screen size is very important. The screen is the first point of contact with your phone. For those concerned with portability, I think apple needs to find a way to reduce the size of the device rather than the screen.

RobertBloom

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
When I can use it with more than one hand/thumb, I love the 6 plus. It's not too big for my pockets (I don't wear skinny pants but they are fitting) and I don't have any bend problems (with no case) but I also never put it in my back pocket. Most of the time I love the bigger screen, especially for reading (I also have an iPad mini that I still prefer to read on, but that's not ALWAYS with me like my iPhone is).

Unfortunately, there are enough situations where I have to use it with one hand/thumb and it's then that I'm reminded how frustrating that can be. Not just because I can't reach the top (if nothing else there's reach mode for that), but because I can't even reach the other side many times without tapping the wrong thing with my thumb or the pad between my thumb and my palm.

For this reason I'm thinking of switching to a 6s instead of a 6s Plus when they come out. I hate to do it because even the 6 feels too small after almost a year with the 6 plus, but I think I'd prefer some reachability (and less scare of dropping it when trying to reach) than the extra screen size. And hopefully I'll adjust my size perception to it like I did the 6 Plus.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I actually went the other way around. I initially got the 6, because at the time I held the 6 plus in the store the weekend they came out, and thought it was too big. A couple months after getting the 6 I really wanted the big screen when I watched movies at work (while working, lol). So went out later and got the 6 Plus.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Numerous people have switched from the 6 Plus to the 6. Heck, when I initially saw the iPhone 6 Plus close up, I had second thoughts about getting it, but I went ahead and got it anyway and I don't have any regrets about it. I'm too used to it now to switch to the smaller screen at this time, and in fact, my iPhone 6 Plus doesn't even seem big any more.

That's how I felt within 2 weeks of getting my 6 plus.

Itstakenovermylife

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I came from a Blackberry Z30 so was already accustomed to a larger screen. I tried the 6, but traded it in for the 6+ within a week. Definitely love the bigger screen. And the battery life on the 6+ is tremendously better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

That's how I feel when I do updates on my 6. Heaven forbid when I even touch a 5/5c/5s models lol

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I think a lot has to do with your lifestyle as well. I myself had the 6 and saw people with the plus and liked the fact of a battery battery switched to a plus then switched back to my 6 just because gym, going out, and the fact Im a skinny small person and didn't like the fact some pants my phone did not fit into pocket.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73