I'll take a point from the OP's first post in this thread.
    " The 5S only added Touch ID" as if it was a incremental addition.
    Apple has built a book of business around Touch ID with Apple Pay which seems to be very lucrative for them. So Touch ID is not such a incremental addition. Not my opinion but fact based all of the financial institutions that are on board.
    So did the OP think out what he posted?
    Don't blame the folks that responded with well thought out opinions based on fact and Apple's successful business model.
    If the OP thinks a certain direction is better than what Apple does explain it champion your point as to why it's better.
    If he felt like a "*****" (His words not mine) maybe it's because he realized he didn't think out what he posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-20-2015 01:36 PM
    My point is we are WAY WAY blowing this out of proportion! Lets all put on a big boy and big girl pants and agree to disagree and walk away as friends!

I think over all we get along pretty good! You guys were even able to accept a BB guy like me in to the fold and THAT is saying something! (Of course I DO own a iPhone, several iPads, and a Mac Book Pro, but who's counting )
    08-20-2015 02:17 PM
    And you decided that you are the decider of what is bile and what is not. That's the issue. You are The Decider in Chief.
    I just call it how I see it...I don't DECIDE anything...proven by the fact that you disagree with me, therefore formulating your own opinion on it.

This lack of empathy is the heart of the problem. It is obvious to you that it must be that the OPs like this must certainly have 'deep-rooted personal issues'. It can't possibly be true that maybe you were just a tad unfriendly.

I know it's hard to recognize when our own behavior could use a tweak or two but give it a try.

My flaw? Same as Sean's I presume: I like to argue. And I have a hard time keeping quiet about an issue.
    Empathy? Why would I support/share an opinion that is blatantly wrong? There's no lack of empathy here, there are just people who have very thin skin but want to participate with those who don't accommodate such. Then there's the backlash of the OP when he himself was not treated unfriendly or brash really, people just disagreed with him on different levels and spoke their opinion of the subject. Not one person attacked the OP himself personally or otherwise when he shot back with his tantrum.

I don't see my enjoyment of a good argument as a flaw...if you see yours as one, that's on you. I won't be tweaking anything because I enjoy real world discussions vs. get along gang circle jerks.
    08-20-2015 02:38 PM
    This lack of empathy is the heart of the problem. It is obvious to you that it must be that the OPs like this must certainly have 'deep-rooted personal issues'. It can't possibly be true that maybe you were just a tad unfriendly.

I know it's hard to recognize when our own behavior could use a tweak or two but give it a try.

My flaw? Same as Sean's I presume: I like to argue. And I have a hard time keeping quiet about an issue.
    Maybe somebody needs to put on a striped shirt, blow a whistle and call a big "time out" ... then we can all sing a rousing round of kumbaya and get busy making everyone feel special. Sean, do you still have that closet full of "participation" trophies? We could give one to each of the new kids so we can get back to discussing all things Apple.

Wow.
    08-20-2015 05:40 PM
    My point is we are WAY WAY blowing this out of proportion! Lets all put on a big boy and big girl pants and agree to disagree and walk away as friends!

I think over all we get along pretty good! You guys were even able to accept a BB guy like me in to the fold and THAT is saying something! (Of course I DO own a iPhone, several iPads, and a Mac Book Pro, but who's counting )
    I must have missed that vote.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-20-2015 05:44 PM
    Maybe somebody needs to put on a striped shirt, blow a whistle and call a big "time out" ... then we can all sing a rousing round of kumbaya and get busy making everyone feel special. Sean, do you still have that closet full of "participation" trophies? We could give one to each of the new kids so we can get back to discussing all things Apple.

Wow.
    Sure as soon as everyone stops labeling threads as trolling, calling it 'horse-$:$&(' and saying posters have 'deep personal issues'.
    08-20-2015 05:50 PM
    Uuug. Going to stop posting about it at all. From now on it's 'Report' instead.

Just opened iMore and saw this on the main site as popular discussion.
    08-20-2015 05:54 PM
    Uuug. Going to stop posting about it at all.
    One can only hope...

ChuckG73 likes this.
    08-20-2015 06:13 PM

Wow.
    Nah, never got any...I got trophies for being good at something, and moved on when I wasn't...taught me where my talents should be focused, instead of building me up to think I was good at everything, but essentially making me good at nothing.
    08-20-2015 06:15 PM
    Uuug. Going to stop posting about it at all. From now on it's 'Report' instead.

Just opened iMore and saw this on the main site as popular discussion.
    That's a good thing.......Numerous members have taken the time to participate in a discussion that contains varying degrees of emotion. The numerous members and visitors who are reading this thread are probably agreeing and disagreeing with some of the replies, but all are witnessing the fact that members do not have a problem engaging in a sometimes heated discussion.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 08-20-2015 at 08:19 PM.
    08-20-2015 06:21 PM
    That's a good thing.......Numerous members taking have taken the time to participate in a discussion that contains varying degrees of emotion. The numerous members and visitors who are reading this thread are probably agreeing and disagreeing with some of the replies, but all are witnessing the fact that members do not have a problem engaging in a sometimes heated discussion.
    Hmmm, kind of what a forum is supposed to be, don't you think? #missionAccomplished
    08-20-2015 08:16 PM
    Hmmm, kind of what a forum is supposed to be, don't you think? #missionAccomplished
    One of the things I love about iMore is that people can express opinions without fearing retribution from a lynch mob. That's what a forum is about. Not abiding by the company line.

The OP had a point. He expressed it. There were counter arguments. Nobody got lynched, harassed, banned, etc. That's why I love it here.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    08-20-2015 09:25 PM
    Thanks for the thread, good read. I am about to upgrade from a 5c to 6 and I was just wondering if I should wait for the 6s. After all it is only a few weeks away. But I think I may still go for the 6 as the improvements to the 6s may not warrant paying more and waiting longer. Thoughts?
    08-21-2015 06:58 AM
    Thanks for the thread, good read. I am about to upgrade from a 5c to 6 and I was just wondering if I should wait for the 6s. After all it is only a few weeks away. But I think I may still go for the 6 as the improvements to the 6s may not warrant paying more and waiting longer. Thoughts?
    Being that we're 3 weeks away from Apple's keynote, I'd wait to at least see what the new iPhone has that may be more appealing than the current iPhone 6, if you can wait that long. If not, there's absolutely nothing wrong with getting the iPhone 6 now.
    Chrisy likes this.
    08-21-2015 08:33 AM
    Some key features I have heard about are a much stronger aluminum body and the same force touch that is currently used in the Apple Watch. That is the ability to use pressure on the screen to bring up additional features and menus on some apps and functions.
    Just_Me_D and Chrisy like this.
    08-21-2015 08:45 AM
    I couldn't wait! Ordered an iPhone 6, 64GB in Silver! I can't take this 16GB anymore! It's constantly full and giving me the storage full alert! Now I can have my podcasts, music, iTunes U and music on my phone as I wish!
    Just_Me_D, qbnkelt and nikkisharif like this.
    08-21-2015 03:11 PM
    I couldn't wait! Ordered an iPhone 6, 64GB in Silver! I can't take this 16GB anymore! It's constantly full and giving me the storage full alert! Now I can have my podcasts, music, iTunes U and music on my phone as I wish!
    I think you will love it! I love my Plus
    Chrisy likes this.
    08-21-2015 03:34 PM
    Excellent!....Let us know what you think of it after it arrives...
    Chrisy likes this.
    08-21-2015 04:38 PM
    Congrats... but personally, with the new models coming in about 3 weeks, I would have found a way to limp through and get the iPhone 6S. However, I am sure you will be happy with the iPhone 6.
    Chrisy likes this.
    08-21-2015 05:31 PM
    Awesome!!! You will love the extra capacity.

Enjoy!!!!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6
    Chrisy likes this.
    08-21-2015 08:19 PM
    Congrats... but personally, with the new models coming in about 3 weeks, I would have found a way to limp through and get the iPhone 6S. However, I am sure you will be happy with the iPhone 6.
    I hear ya. But I'm sure this will be enough if an upgrade to keep me satisfied for a year or so. Im really happy with my 5c, its just the storage that's bugging me. Plus I would like apple pay. I can always get the 6s in a year (when all the issues are worked out).
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-22-2015 05:39 AM
    Better to update the os and get new cool features

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-22-2015 10:36 AM
    How about ram and processor upgrades just because it doesn't look different doesn't mean it's not a worthy upgrade I love buying and iPhone every year
    08-31-2015 10:42 PM
98 ... 234