Not at all- love opposing opinions. But when 75% of the replies were sarcastic and talking down to me like I'm some moron that's what upsets me.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-17-2015 02:07 PM
    Haha no ****.... And what's funny is I guarantee I'm more I am iPhone need than half of these people.
    Would you like to try that again?
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-17-2015 02:17 PM
    Haha oops, typo- I meant to say I bet I'm more of an iPhone nerd than half of these people.
    08-17-2015 02:42 PM
    I feel, and let me know your thoughts, that Apple has now reached a point where they shouldn't release a new iPhone every fall. I feel like every year should be a large iOS update, and only every other year a new device. I just feel like while technology is advancing quickly, a new iPhone model with only one or two real features changed with added cosmetic only changes isn't necessary.

I love all their phones. But since the 4-4s-5-5s-6- now 6s/7 isn't a whole lot of changes... 4-4s gave a slightly better camera and Siri. 5-5s only gave Touch ID and slightly better camera. And now it's only adding (rumored) force touch. All great improvements, but most good improvements are made with their software updates, and going every two years with a device to add several new features would be better in my opinion.
    Just buy one every two years. Your problem is solved. Why worry about what's best for Apple? They pay people to do that.
    08-17-2015 06:03 PM
    I personally like the annual cycle, but I see where you're coming from.
    08-17-2015 07:55 PM
    http://9to5mac.com/2015/08/17/iphone-6s-sales-decline/

I just see stuff like this and it doesn't surprise me. They are almost plateauing. It'll happen. Maybe not this fall, but it will. It'll reach a point where they won't have anything more than a software update cause they can't do more on a new device
    First off.... iPhone sales always decline in the quarter before a new one launches.
    Secondly, of course sales will level off. Can't continue to have the kind of astronomical numbers Apple had last year.
    Lastly, I don't understand the logic of sakes are declining therefore iPhones should not be released every year. Seems a bit assbackwards if you ask me.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-17-2015 08:11 PM
    For a lot of members here on iMore, their iPhone is not just a smartphone, but a hobby as well, so they start saving for the next iDevice almost as soon as the purchase a new iPhone. That purchase a new iPhone every two years concept is and would be out of the question for many of them....SMILE
    I would implode.

Spencerdl likes this.
    08-17-2015 08:12 PM
    I would implode.
    I'd pay to watch that!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-17-2015 08:16 PM
    LOL!!!!! Bring beer.

Spencerdl likes this.
    08-17-2015 08:18 PM
    I love this too to use a new device always. I would like to have it in every 6 months. It's my personal thinking do know what do you think?
    08-17-2015 11:00 PM
    Ha! I'd go broke!!!

08-18-2015 05:31 AM
    First off.... iPhone sales always decline in the quarter before a new one launches.
    Secondly, of course sales will level off. Can't continue to have the kind of astronomical numbers Apple had last year.
    Lastly, I don't understand the logic of sakes are declining therefore iPhones should not be released every year. Seems a bit assbackwards if you ask me.

And you can BET there will be crazy lines like there are every year! Might not need to campout for 2 weeks this time around, but rest assured there WILL be crazy lines! lol
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-18-2015 09:01 AM
    And you can BET there will be crazy lines like there are every year! Might not need to campout for 2 weeks this time around, but rest assured there WILL be crazy lines! lol
    Along with the annual Samsung ads mocking said lines... Sigh...
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-18-2015 10:36 AM
    And damn- what's with all the smart *** sarcastic replies? Jesus, so much for a friendly forum post to discuss ideas. I love Apple, and love a new phone every year, it's great. As stated universe, I just feel like they'll plateau soon and a new release will be near pointless. Just MY OPINION. On MY TOPIC post. So don't get all **** on me, damn.
    You're on an Apple forum telling a bunch of Apple lovers that their company shouldn't give them something slightly better to spend their money on every year. You had to know this response is what you'd get. Not many people are going to agree with you. People are defensive about their loyalties and major companies have some devoted apologists. Apple could release the same exact phone next month as last month and will still sell hand over fist with effective marketing.
    08-18-2015 10:44 AM
    "Only" added Touch ID? "Only" added a better camera? "Only" adding Force Touch.
    These are all big technological advancements and Apple isn't going to sit on them for a whole year after they're ready before launching them. Every model gets a better CPU too which affects everything the phone does.

Most people don't upgrade every year - even now 2 year contracts are going away, they've largely been replaced by 24 month payment plans, so it amounts to the same thing.

Yes, it's your opinion and you're perfectly entitled to it, but it makes no sense from a business perspective nor from most user's perspective.
    Lestat1886 likes this.
    08-18-2015 10:44 AM
    You're on an Apple forum telling a bunch of Apple lovers that their company shouldn't give them something slightly better to spend their money on every year. You had to know this response is what you'd get. Not many people are going to agree with you. People are defensive about their loyalties and major companies have some devoted apologists. Apple could release the same exact phone next month as last month and will still sell hand over fist with effective marketing.
    Which brings you into the discussion with this gem of wisdom beeeecauzzzzz......

MasterDarque likes this.
    08-18-2015 12:42 PM
    Along with the annual Samsung ads mocking said lines... Sigh...
    I actually LOVE those ads, very clever! They did a good job mocking BlackBerry too...

08-18-2015 02:32 PM
    You're not forced to buy the new device. Don't see your point.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    08-18-2015 05:11 PM
    You act like Apple is forcing you to upgrade every year, lol!

Apple releases a new iPhone every year and it breaks sales records EVERY year. Why would they stop? Apple isn't plateauing, regardless of what random article you read about investment firms (which actually makes me laugh because they'd call for a new flash on profit decline even in the most insignificant case just to garner attention).

If you don't feel the iPhone is worthy of an upgrade yearly because it is your opinion that the features aren't worth it...then don't upgrade. Personally, every single year I find a reason to upgrade to a new iPhone, and I enjoy each iPhone immensely better than the last. Does that mean everyone should upgrade? Hell no...it just means that I find value in the yearly refreshes...and based on the sales figures for the last 8 years, it seems that the majority of consumers agree with me.
    08-18-2015 06:42 PM
    Haha oops, typo- I meant to say I bet I'm more of an iPhone nerd than half of these people.
    What qualifies as an "iPhone nerd", and what is the hierarchy? I'm just curious because I'm not sure how you could have come to that conclusion with 34 whole posts in our community.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-18-2015 06:44 PM
    This is iMore! Here, we are biased only to the fact that we prefer Apple products and services more so than not. With that in mind, those of us who've been here a while do not have a problem giving our honest opinions. For example: Are there numerous smartphones that have better specs than the iPhone? Of course, there are. That was an honest and unbiased answer. Here's another one. If there are numerous other smartphones with better specs than the iPhone, shouldn't you get one of those instead? No, I should not! That, too, is an honest and unbiased answer. The problem with certain people is that they think that what they consider to be the best should be viewed that way by everyone and when someone like me who settles for what's best for 'me', I get called a fan boy and Apple can do no wrong in my eyes. I just laugh because I'm always amazed at how many of us who frequent the iMore forums are here to help people, whether troubleshooting or giving advice as opposed to some people who enter this forum, knowing it's Apple-centric, to allegedly seek honest opinions of which they cannot handle.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 08-18-2015 at 09:05 PM.
    qbnkelt and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    08-18-2015 08:48 PM
    This is iMore! Here, we are biased only to the fact that we prefer Apple products and services more so than not. With that in mind, those of us who've been here a while don't have a problem giving out honest opinion on something. For example: Are there numerous smartphones that have better specs than the iPhone? Of course, there are. That was my honest unbiased answer. Here's another one. If there are numerous other smartphones with better specs than the iPhone, shouldn't I get one of those instead? No, I should not! That, too, is an honest and unbiased answer. The problem with certain people is that they think that what they consider to be the best should be felt by everyone and when someone like me who settles for what's best for 'me', I get called a fan boy and Apple can do no wrong in my eyes. I just laugh because I'm always amazed at how many of us who frequent the iMore forums are here to help people, whether troubleshooting or giving advice whereas some people enter this forum, knowing it's Apple-centric, allegedly seeking honest opinions of which they cannot handle.
    Hear! Hear!

Of course there are those who pose propositions that run contrary to the mainstream thought, and ask "what do you think?"... and then get their collective panties in a wad when someone who disagrees with their premise tells them "what they think". That is typically when the wailing and gnashing of teeth begins. Of course, they were simply trying to start a conversation - but they only want to hear from those who agree.

Such is the state of online forum sites.
    Last edited by HankAZ; 08-18-2015 at 10:10 PM.
    Just_Me_D and ultravisitor like this.
    08-18-2015 09:07 PM
    This is iMore! Here, we are biased only to the fact that we prefer Apple products and services more so than not. With that in mind, those of us who've been here a while do not have a problem giving our honest opinions. For example: Are there numerous smartphones that have better specs than the iPhone? Of course, there are. That was an honest and unbiased answer. Here's another one. If there are numerous other smartphones with better specs than the iPhone, shouldn't you get one of those instead? No, I should not! That, too, is an honest and unbiased answer. The problem with certain people is that they think that what they consider to be the best should be viewed that way by everyone and when someone like me who settles for what's best for 'me', I get called a fan boy and Apple can do no wrong in my eyes. I just laugh because I'm always amazed at how many of us who frequent the iMore forums are here to help people, whether troubleshooting or giving advice as opposed to some people who enter this forum, knowing it's Apple-centric, to allegedly seek honest opinions of which they cannot handle.
    You make my heart sing. ❤❤❤

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-18-2015 10:16 PM
    Hear! Hear!

Of course there are those who pose propositions that run contrary to the mainstream thought, and ask "what do you think?"... and then get their collective panties in a wad when someone who disagrees with their premise tells them "what they think". That is typically when the wailing and gnashing of teeth begins. Of course, they were simply trying to start a conversation - but they only want to hear from those who agree.

Such is the state of online forum sites.
    This is a plague on iMore lately...the people who historically would have been called trolls who come on here spouting off about something they don't like but hide the trolling under the veil of "discussion". It's absolute horse sh*t...forgive my language.
    qbnkelt and Just_Me_D like this.
    08-18-2015 10:36 PM
    I agree with the idea that most of the truly exciting updates come in the form of software, but to update hardware less frequently, even if those updates are absolutely awesome, would create a harmful perception that somehow Apple is less innovative than other handset-makers. This perception would hold strong even if competitors' more frequent updates were absolute filth.
    08-18-2015 11:26 PM
98 1234