Poll, iphone issues you've had

Ever have any of these issues? Click all that apply

• Phone mute itself (sets to no ring, no vibrate)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Just not ring, you notice a missed call, never rang

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not vibrate sometimes

• Screen sometimes not light up on notification

• Get really slow and laggy intermitantly

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Drop calls

• Total voters

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Very cool!

Hey can I ask one more question? Lets say you have a photo or a file (like a PDF) on your PC you want on your phone. Right now with my android, I can hook it to USB and drag and drop the photos or even files onto the phone, how do you get photos and files from PC to iphone?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Right now I mainly use my Samsung Note 4, it should be a great phone, but the flaky-ness drives me nuts. After work, I put my phone on vibrate mode, the next morning, most of the time it sets itself to mute somehow, today it was on full sound when I got up. So many times I look at my phone, it's on sound, it says 'missed call' 'voicemail', never rang, never vibrated, grrrr.
Sounds more like a Lollipop issue rather than the phone ...

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Very cool!

Hey can I ask one more question? Lets say you have a photo or a file (like a PDF) on your PC you want on your phone. Right now with my android, I can hook it to USB and drag and drop the photos or even files onto the phone, how do you get photos and files from PC to iphone?

You can upload to the cloud and access it from iPhone or you can use iTunes I believe.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Very cool!

You could use AirDrop if you have a Mac. I honestly usually just email it to myself usually. There's easier ways, but old habits die hard.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's how I save pdf attachments to my camera roll. In Mail, I long press on the pdf. I choose "copy". I then paste it to my stock Notes app. Then press that and choose "save". There may be a better way.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I can happily say the only iPhone issue I ever had, a dead pixel out-of-the-box, was quickly solved by the devices replacement at Best Buy. IPhones are spectacular devices and the fac that there are so many that are flawless somehow still surprises me. My 6 Plus is one of millions and It. Is. Absolutely. Flawless.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Here's how I save pdf attachments to my camera roll. In Mail, I long press on the pdf. I choose "copy". I then paste it to my stock Notes app. Then press that and choose "save". There may be a better way.

When I was job hunting I did the same thing with my resume. Made it much easier. Notes is one of my favorite stock apps honestly. I use it all the time. My Android phone of course has a built in notes app as well, but it's just not as good as iOS. Or it could be that I've used the iOS notes app for so many years that it's more comfortable

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
True, if you can save attachements to the phone like your saying emailing works too

Not exactly. There is no "Save As..." that most of us are used to. Instead, think of each app as being it's own folder. If you open a PDF attachment in Mail, you can then use the Share function to "Open in..." Adobe Acrobat for example. It's then "in" the Acrobat app folder.

But there is no filing system, so you can't just open a File Explorer (or connect to your PC) and "navigate" to that folder. An App can only "see" it's own files, if any. You have to use Apps to "Open in...:" to pass it around from app to app.

If you want a central documents "folder" of sorts, you can use an app like Documents by Readdle. You can then "Open In..." most file types to it which essentially "saves" the file in the app as a kind of central documents folder.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the iOS way of doing things.

As for problems, I haven't experienced any of the ones you mentioned with my iPhone 6 ;)

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
That's cool though, so to summarize, going from Android to Iphone will...

1. I'll lose a lot of flaky issues, yay
  2. No widgets unless jailbreak, but that's worth it for number 1
  3. No blinky notification light, this I'll miss most but I still think worth it
  4. No save as, or file browser, but files are in their associated apps, so that's cool

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
That's cool though, so to summarize, going from Android to Iphone will...

1. I'll lose a lot of flaky issues, yay
  2. No widgets unless jailbreak, but that's worth it for number 1
  3. No blinky notification light, this I'll miss most but I still think worth it
  4. No save as, or file browser, but files are in their associated apps, so that's cool

1) No guarantees there. My androids have actually been more reliable than my iPhone, as my iPhone will occasionally drop its WiFI connection or stop getting mail. It happens far less often now though versus a few months ago.

2) iOS has widgets - sort of - but they appear in the drop down notification shade instead of on your home pages.

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Still seems overall, a LOT less issues on iphone. I heard about the wifi bug on IOS, I bet they will have that fixed soon, especially with the new IOS coming out this fall. :)

The really only worry I have is, I 've read a lot on the screens breaking easy or the 6plus bending, how bad really are those issues?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Still seems overall, a LOT less issues on iphone. I heard about the wifi bug on IOS, I bet they will have that fixed soon, especially with the new IOS coming out this fall. :)

The really only worry I have is, I 've read a lot on the screens breaking easy or the 6plus bending, how bad really are those issues?

I've seen broken iPhone screens from time to time, but not necessarily more or less than Android devices. I've only cracked one screen on any phone I've had, and I don't use cases past about the 2 month mark. The screen that did crack was because an ex threw my phone against a concrete wall on a train platform. Not exactly normal use in that situation. Haha! The bending issue I'm unsure of honestly. I have the 6 which wasn't really reported to have the issue. It's the 6 Plus that supposedly did. I don't know anybody that has a bent 6 Plus, but that doesn't really mean anything. I do think it was overblown though.

As far as other problems. I never had any of the wifi issues that plagued other users, the dropped calls (other than my 3G), antennagate was a non-issue for me, and never broke either my 4 or 4s with glass front and back. I'd say the biggest issue I ever had with an iPhone is my iPhone 5 lightning cable stopping charging on both sides. It would only charge when plugged in one way. Took it to Apple, they tested it, confirmed, and replaced within 15 minutes.