Poll, iphone issues you've had

Ever have any of these issues? Click all that apply

• Phone mute itself (sets to no ring, no vibrate)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Just not ring, you notice a missed call, never rang

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not vibrate sometimes

• Screen sometimes not light up on notification

• Get really slow and laggy intermitantly

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Drop calls

• Total voters

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I've been using Android and Blackberry for years, but seriously thinking of going iphone next upgrade. I know there is no perfect device, but really getting tired of a few issues. Wondering, do you have any of these issues with your iphone?
(the ones show in the poll just above this post, check any and all you have had, if any)

Thanks!

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Oh. Had to check web view. Never had any of the issues listed. The only time my phone didn't light up for a notification was when do not disturb mode was turned on.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Android and Blackberry for years, but seriously thinking of going iphone next upgrade. I know there is no perfect device, but really getting tired of a few issues. Wondering, do you have any of these issues with your iphone?
(the ones show in the poll just above this post, check any and all you have had, if any)

Thanks!

No never had any of those problems with my iPhone, I have been an iPhone user for a long time but I deal with android phones everyday and the problems that I hear about never happen on iOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The dropped calls happened to a couple of people on iMore using Sprint, but that was a couple of months ago. I think Sprint had a carrier settings update to fix that.

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
wow, cool, empty poll so far, no issues. Egads.... Can't wait for 5 months to go by for my upgrade.

Right now I mainly use my Samsung Note 4, it should be a great phone, but the flaky-ness drives me nuts. After work, I put my phone on vibrate mode, the next morning, most of the time it sets itself to mute somehow, today it was on full sound when I got up. So many times I look at my phone, it's on sound, it says 'missed call' 'voicemail', never rang, never vibrated, grrrr.

The 6 and 6+ have that little actual switch on the side right? Where you can just click it and change from sound to vibrate?

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
wow, cool, empty poll so far, no issues. Egads.... Can't wait for 5 months to go by for my upgrade.

Right now I mainly use my Samsung Note 4, it should be a great phone, but the flaky-ness drives me nuts. After work, I put my phone on vibrate mode, the next morning, most of the time it sets itself to mute somehow, today it was on full sound when I got up. So many times I look at my phone, it's on sound, it says 'missed call' 'voicemail', never rang, never vibrated, grrrr.

The 6 and 6+ have that little actual switch on the side right? Where you can just click it and change from sound to vibrate?

Here's the thing...If you had any one of those things happen once...would you actually consider it an "issue"? One time my Macbook Pro restarted itself...ONCE...and I only remember this because it happened once. Why report that as an issue? Its like if your car sputtered for a second once over a 2 year span...are you going to report to potential users what happened? For what purpose?

Have I had any of those things happen frequently or consistently? Nope. Have I ever had any of those things happen ever? Yes.

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Here's the thing...If you had any one of those things happen once...would you actually consider it an "issue"? One time my Macbook Pro restarted itself...ONCE...and I only remember this because it happened once. Why report that as an issue? Its like if your car sputtered for a second once over a 2 year span...are you going to report to potential users what happened? For what purpose?

Have I had any of those things happen frequently or consistently? Nope. Have I ever had any of those things happen ever? Yes.

True, if it's enough to bother, it's an issue, good point.
Those on my phone.... (note 4) all the time so big issue. :)

Hey like your signature, when I was a kid, my dad used to say, falling doesn't kill you, it's that sudden stop at the bottom lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you look through our forum, I think you'll see that it is a rarity that something pops up on the iPhone that is truly a frequent and problematic "issue". They do happen...the iPhone is certainly not perfect...but at the end of the day, iOS is a damn good OS, and problems are few and far between. Some people call iOS too "simplistic", and maybe to some, that is absolutely true...all I can say is that at least it does simplistic very VERY well.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

Thanks!

I use both Android and iOS, and I notice fewer issues with iOS. Dropped calls were a huge problem back in the 3G/3Gs days (I had both). They haven't been a problem for me in years though. I checked "phone mutes itself" in your poll. I have no idea why, but I recently put my sim back in my iPhone 6, and since then the mute switch on the side flips itself to silent very easily. I never had this problem until a few days ago, but it's happened quite a few times. It doesn't feel loose or anything though. I know it's not quite what you meant, but I do consider it an issue.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What poll?
OK, in Web View.
I haven't had any of those. I may have dropped 1 or 2 calls in 3 years. Don't recall for sure. Most dropped calls were back in the flip phone days.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any of those problems. I have had stuff like random reboots, but they've only happened once or twice in a year of using my iPhone, and probably less than 10 times in my experience of using iOS for 5 years now.

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Man, sounds like iphones are for sure the most stable.

Hey, question that wasn't on the poll: If someone emails you a PDF file, can you save it (phone, cloud?), can you then email it back ? What about an excel file, can you open, edit, save and email it?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Man, sounds like iphones are for sure the most stable.

Hey, question that wasn't on the poll: If someone emails you a PDF file, can you save it (phone, cloud?), can you then email it back ? What about an excel file, can you open, edit, save and email it?

Yes, if you download an app that can handle those types of files. Ex. Excel for iOS, Numbers... You can then easily share it with some else.

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I've heard you can't actually save files on the phone itself, but have to save them in the cloud, is that right? Then instead of emailing the file, you email a link to it's shareable cloud URL, is that correct?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I've heard you can't actually save files on the phone itself, but have to save them in the cloud, is that right? Then instead of emailing the file, you email a link to it's shareable cloud URL, is that correct?

You can save to the apps and send from them too. You don't need a link to send the file to another person.

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
You can? Cool, ... people were saying on crackberry you cannot save a file actually to an iphone, nor actually send a file, just a link.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
You can? Cool, ... people were saying on crackberry you cannot save a file actually to an iphone, nor actually send a file, just a link.

It used to be that way. I think it changed with iOS 8 with extensions. Don't quote me on that though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73