Out of curiosity, how many people use the native Mail app?

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Stock app - outlook app stores my account credentials on their server according to their privacy policy. A no go for me

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
i have always like the native mail app so i use it also since ios sort of forces their apps first i just tend to use their apps if i can.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I just started using Airmail since it was released for iOS. It is GREAT. I still have all my mail accounts configured in the native app, so I can send mail from links etc. But Airmail is far superior for organization and customization.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Bamf-hacker, is it properly pushing/receiving emails? I was using Spark, but it was horrible at staying current. I have noticed others stating they have problems with it being current. I'm hoping it does because of its ability to integrate with third party apps.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Bamf-hacker, is it properly pushing/receiving emails? I was using Spark, but it was horrible at staying current. I have noticed others stating they have problems with it being current. I'm hoping it does because of its ability to integrate with third party apps.

Yep it is working great for all of my Gmail accounts. I installed the official gmail app to compare I am getting the notifications almost at the same time from both Airmail and Gmail.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually testing out the new AirMail for iOS app, but if this doesn't pan out for me, I'll go back to either the native Mail app or the Outlook for iOS app.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I just started using Airmail since it was released for iOS. It is GREAT. I still have all my mail accounts configured in the native app, so I can send mail from links etc. But Airmail is far superior for organization and customization.

Can you set a custom tone for incoming mail? That's really my only must have option for an email client.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't. I've already removed it from my device and am now using Outlook again...:)

Really???? I am loving it. Why did you switch back? I don't like that Outlook tries to bundle everything together, mail, calendar etc...