Out of curiosity, how many people use the native Mail app?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I use the stock mail app for accessing my gmail, I only wish they could speed up the push time, other then that, it's reliable and works great.

SWFLFFPM

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I have three email apps on my phone.

Default-I use the most because it is less buggy.

Outlook-used for work emails sometimes because it handles Exchange emails and attachments better than stock.

AltaMail-I want to love this app because you can sort by sender, date etc. which I desperately need plus many other neat features. They have awesome customer support. The problem is bugs and slow to load emails and sometimes clunky interface.

If anyone knows of a program that sorts by sender, date, etc like the desktop Outlook I would love to hear about it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use the stock mail app for accessing my gmail, I only wish they could speed up the push time, other then that, it's reliable and works great.

Gmail no longer uses "push". Google stopped it a while back. It's "fetch" now. You can set it to fetch every 15 minutes. Most of my email is junk. So I have mine fetch once per hour. I can check it at any time and it will come in.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I use stock as well, tried several mail apps but always ends up using stock again. It's clean and does the work well, just works. Haven't bothered to find any 3:rd party mail app for a while now.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I have come to enjoy MyMail app. Stock is cool but the extremely fast notifications keep me going back. I have 3 personal accounts. Gmail, AOL and a Yahoo account. But my office emails get to my device before it shows on my work pc. I haven't seen anything like that and I have tried them all. Stock email can be 4 or 5 minutes behind.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I do.

I've tried outlook and while it looked promising (I liked the archive and schedule options for mail). It just didn't work.

I would start a new email , go to a different app to copy something and go back to outlook and my email would be gone. Big bummer.

The native one just works.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I wish we could add attachments. Not just photos.

I know we will have the opportunity to do so when the iCloud Drive app is accessible. However all my files are on Dropbox. I know you can send from Dropbox but I want to open my mail app and attach file s

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I wish we could add attachments. Not just photos.

I know we will have the opportunity to do so when the iCloud Drive app is accessible. However all my files are on Dropbox. I know you can send from Dropbox but I want to open my mail app and attach file s

iOS 9 added that feature...you just have to wait until its released. Works very well too on the developer beta.

AZ Gizmo

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
When I do require access to mail via my iPhone I always use the native app. It's simple and does precisely what I need from it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner