Given both of the newest Apple products, the apple watch and new Macbook have integrated taptic engines into their design how likely do you think future generation iphone will as well? Recently switching from Android the loss of haptic feedback is the first real "wow" moment that I felt. It didn't take too long to get used to not having haptic feedback but I will say typing with haptics is a little more satisfying personally.
    So what do you guys think haptic feedback on the iPhone a future possibility or no? Love the idea or hate it? Myself, I would welcome it for sure.
    04-29-2015 10:17 PM
    I think we'll see this in iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Apple will do with in the iPhone.
    04-29-2015 10:25 PM
    I think we'll see this in iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Apple will do with in the iPhone.
    I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the 6S or at least the 6S+. Usually the "s" models get some new feature that doesn't change the outer appearance of the phone.
    04-29-2015 10:28 PM
    That's kinda what I was thinking. I would be instantly jealous of a 6s with haptics :P
    04-29-2015 10:36 PM
    I'm sure they will add it, but I have to be honest, the haptic feedback in the new MBP trackpad doesn't replace the mechanical feel of the older trackpad in my opinion...thankfully the iPhone doesn't really have any major "mechanical" parts outside of the home button that would have the same change...and I wouldn't mind it in a redesigned home button.
    04-30-2015 02:27 AM
    I'm sure they will add it, but I have to be honest, the haptic feedback in the new MBP trackpad doesn't replace the mechanical feel of the older trackpad in my opinion...thankfully the iPhone doesn't really have any major "mechanical" parts outside of the home button that would have the same change...and I wouldn't mind it in a redesigned home button.
    Yeah I also tried out the track pad on the Macbook, I wasn't convinced. But it felt pretty natural in the integration into the watch. I would also be all for a redesigned home button with haptics.
    04-30-2015 08:50 AM