I know to push the power button and the home button at the same time to do this. what's annoying though is that like 25 percent of the time it just registers the power button push and puts the phone to sleep. if I try pushing the home button first, it either opens the multitasker thing, or siri, or goes to sleep. so its even worse.

so I get better results pushing both buttons at the same time, but it still goes to sleep enough to get me annoyed. I don't think its this phone either as my old one does this too. is this some bug?is there a work around or tips to get it to take screenshots 100% of the time instead of going to sleep 25% of the time.

Thanks!
    04-16-2015 08:45 PM
    I know to push the power button and the home button at the same time to do this. what's annoying though is that like 25 percent of the time it just registers the power button push and puts the phone to sleep. if I try pushing the home button first, it either opens the multitasker thing, or siri, or goes to sleep. so its even worse.

so I get better results pushing both buttons at the same time, but it still goes to sleep enough to get me annoyed. I don't think its this phone either as my old one does this too. is this some bug?is there a work around or tips to get it to take screenshots 100% of the time instead of going to sleep 25% of the time.

Thanks!
    Pressing the home button and power button at the same time works 100% of the time for me...it's only one I hit one or the other slightly before that I ever get an issue like this, but it happens so infrequently I never really pay attention.

Which phone are you using? The only thing I can think of is if you're using the iPhone 5/5S that your power button may be becoming unresponsive, and could be causing the issues (as those two models had common power button failures).
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-16-2015 09:18 PM
    I agree that one or both of the OP's buttons is becoming unresponsive . Using both buttons to take a screenshot works 100% of the time for me and have on my previous iPhones leading back to the iPhone 4S.
    04-16-2015 09:29 PM
    I'm using the iphone 6 plus. the iphones power button seems to work just fine. I've never had any issues where the phone doesn't detect me pushing the button.

It could be that I'm pushing it a millisecond before the home button and maybe it powers down before registering the home button push. not sure how to deal with that though. I try to push them both exactly at the same time. the home button works just fine too by the way.
    04-16-2015 09:47 PM
    Same as above no issues here. Every once and awhile I mess up but 95% of the time it's fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    steponeman likes this.
    04-16-2015 10:03 PM
    I have had this same issue. I found that I had to push the home button slightly before the power button, and then release them at the same time.
    04-16-2015 11:27 PM
    iPhone 6 user here, I've experienced the same issue with the phone going to sleep instead of taking a screenshot. A workaround I use is that I hold the home button briefly and quickly click the sleep button while it is held down.
    MikkoPaivarinta likes this.
    04-19-2015 05:05 AM
    I've never had a problem doing a screenshot with our iPhones. The 4, 5, and 5c. Always works by pressing both at the same time.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-19-2015 09:15 AM
    iPhone 6 user here, I've experienced the same issue with the phone going to sleep instead of taking a screenshot. A workaround I use is that I hold the home button briefly and quickly click the sleep button while it is held down.
    I meant to say that is how I do it as well, but you said it better then I could.
    04-19-2015 12:52 PM
    I've started doing this too now and I'm having better luck now.
    04-24-2015 10:15 PM
    i don't know but there may be Apps that could do that, just search or let the experts answer that
    06-14-2015 12:33 PM
    Do anyone know any Apps that could do the job?
    06-18-2015 01:57 PM
    Hi all,
    Its possible bro , using assistive touch , activate it , tap on it , device , next ( 3 dots ) and you will found it : screen capture , tap on it and bingo !
    It's very easy .
    I hope this answer your question.
    06-18-2015 06:05 PM
    I want show it to you with screen capture but we can't get assistive touche in screen capture .
    06-18-2015 07:06 PM

Thanks!
    This thing happens to me most of the time. Not until I came across an article that talks about the ways to screenshot iPhone 6. If you are not fond of default key combination in taking screenshot, then using third-party alternatives will do the trick.
    08-13-2015 09:00 PM