Touch ID for appstore purchases stops working after iOS 8.3 update

Markiee

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone experienced the same issue? After the 8.3 update the touch id stops working when purchasing apps, its just asking the password for my apple id every time ill purchase apps without changing the settings prior to update.

Geoff Beames

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
My iPhone 5 has failed to work properly after the update as well. They are getting very bad these days with all their 'twiddles' to try to get people to pay more money to them. I think it may be time to start looking around for an older iPhone 4. They seem to be more reliable.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I continue to be one of the lucky ones because TouchID on my device wasn't affected by the update.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Mine has been doing the same thing both on the iPhone 6 and 5 models with IOS 8. It works the first couple of times then just stops working and then ask me for my PW. Hopefully a fix is on the way.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Haha.

I'm a veteran apple customer. I am a very very happy owner of an iPhone 5s and an iPad Air 2. I got them recently so they're both running 8.1.2.

And... All updates are turned off. Even for apps.

Wasn't like that before when I used to update my apple devices. I'm not playing that game now.

I looked at the 8.3 update. There's nothing there for me. My device runs perfectly. So why update?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2