Do you all use any third-party keyboards?

the_game969

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Ive switched from BlackBerry 10 to IPhone and one of the things I missed the most from BB10 is the keyboard. IPhone's keyboard is alright but nothing to brag about.

Luckly, I found Crimson and I'm in love with it. The price tag is 2$ but it's worth it.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Swiftkey. It has gotten a LOT more stable and now they're even adding more color options.

I downloaded swiftkey and it never would pop up on its own. After a few hours I forgot I downloaded it. I had it for awhile back in March and didn't notice this happening. Did notice it would switch to default for certain websites or "jump around" when entering in new contacts. I feel like it's more buggy now :(

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes I do, I use the Stock keyboard and TouchPal (many options), but i mostly use the Stock keyboard because of the Microphone.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Gave up I just use the stock. I don't have time to fumble around with keyboards that don't always work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use SwiftKey. However, due to the following story about the app I've updated it so that it only activates when I use my secure WiFi at home.

600 million Samsung Galaxy phones exposed to hackers - Jun. 17, 2015

If the slightest hint of trouble arises I will uninstall.

Where in the article does it mention the iPhone or other iOS device? First, the article is B$. Second, that won't happen with an iDevice. We've been hearing stories like this for some time. Like Facebook Messenger for example. And people believe that garbage. SMH!

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I keep switching between the stock  Keyboard & Minuum Keyboard. The theming of Minuum Keyboard keeps making me come back to it, also the ability to push the Keyboard to the left or right for one hand use in the 6 Plus comes in really useful.

Roland

xAppleFanx

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I tried using a third party keyboard but I couldn't get used to it. Besides I'm not a fan of those so I will just stick to the normal one.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I use SwiftKey and Next. The issues I've seen with the keyboard not always popping up or anything else seems to be an iOS issue because they all do it. I'll blame that on Apple. Once it's completely stable though I don't know that I'll ever use the stock keyboard again.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I was using Swype but it was massively broken in iOS 9 beta.

So I started using Swiftkey. My qualm with that keyboard is that it turns longer words into a cluster of smaller ones.

I'd just stumbled onto this keyboard called Path Input. It's a lot like Swype. I'm very satisfied with it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

madkoda12

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I had a question regarding keyboards. Do you still have to change your keyboard everytime you want to use it if you are using a third party keyboard? I am thinking of moving from android to Iphone when the 6S Plus comes out. I tried out the keyboard switching on the Iphone 6 Plus (I had it for a little while) but I didn't like that you had to keep changing your keyboard when you wanted to use a different keyboard. I had Swiftkey installed and I didn't like the way apple had you constantly changing from the default keyboard to the one you wanted.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I had a question regarding keyboards. Do you still have to change your keyboard everytime you want to use it if you are using a third party keyboard? I am thinking of moving from android to Iphone when the 6S Plus comes out. I tried out the keyboard switching on the Iphone 6 Plus (I had it for a little while) but I didn't like that you had to keep changing your keyboard when you wanted to use a different keyboard. I had Swiftkey installed and I didn't like the way apple had you constantly changing from the default keyboard to the one you wanted.

You can move SwiftKey to the top of your keyboard list for top preference, although iOS has still has some bugs with the code for third party keyboards. It will switch back to stock when typing in multiple text fields, sometimes the third party keyboard won't pop up or type text, and it sometimes switches back to stock just because. These are Apple's coding issues and I suspect they'll be fixed in due time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was using Swype but it was massively broken in iOS 9 beta.

So I started using Swiftkey. My qualm with that keyboard is that it turns longer words into a cluster of smaller ones.

I'd just stumbled onto this keyboard called Path Input. It's a lot like Swype. I'm very satisfied with it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

I've been using SwiftKey since iOS 8 started last year and have never had it break long words into groups of small words. That's kind of strange. The only problem I have now is the 3rd party keyboards issue of the keyboard vanishing in Messages. But it only does maybe once a week.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Recently I tried to use SwiftKey again, and the strangest thing has been happening. After typing in a word and moving on to the next line, SwiftKey will then autocorrect as if I did not stop typing the last sentence. By that I mean it will group whatever I am typing with the last word I was typing, eventually jumbling up both together to make a rather weird mess.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen