Do you all use any third-party keyboards?

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I tried SwiftKey, but as others have said, the experience was buggy. Sometimes it wouldn't even come up. Other times, the stock keyboard would come up instead. I eventually uninstalled it. I'm getting used to the stock keyboard and think it's working just fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you type your email address in several times, then as soon as you type the first 2 characters of the email address, the whole address shows in the middle predictive box. That's better than using shortcuts. Also, you can remove non words created by mistake by pressing on the non word for the option to remove.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Thanks for the tip Led!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
SwiftKey I use mostly with the stock keyboard on occasion. They still haven't figured out how to stop it from disappearing though.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My keyboard vanishes still. I have to swipe it out of the multitasking tray.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I use SwiftKey on my phone. I have a muscle disability and need a sliding keyboard. I also LOVE that it predicts the next word for me to use as I have it signed into my social networks and it learns the words you use most. Sometimes it has predicted whole sentences for me.

I am getting incredibly fed up though of it often not showing up. This has got incredibly worse since the 8.3 update. Especially in messages.

I also wish the keys were bigger as I have huge fingers and it often suggests the wrong word from my sliding

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Nope, nope, nope, I tried using Swiftkey again and NO: I just don't like it as much as the stock keyboard, so off it goes again.

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I just use the stock keyboard. As much as I like trying new things, I hate glitchy accessories. It ruins my productivity.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I tried most of them at one point or another. Not worth the effort, IMO. I happen to like the stock keyboard.

I love swifkey on android partly because it's the best one on Android and stock ones were horrible imo. I do miss its predictive text and how it stops correcting words like "imo" after a while where as Apple stock one still does that . That being said Apple stock keyboard is pretty awesome keyboard and easily the best stock keyboard on any device imo be it android or iOS

Swifkey is also buggy from my experience with it on iOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I would use the stock keyboard if 1. Email addresses would stop popping up while typing. 2. If it had a dark theme option. Or at least a higher contrast text on the predictive words. 3. A way to delete non words made by mistake. 4. A better memory.

tanson1011

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
SwiftKey is my favourite. I can type with one hand using the iPhone 6 plus with flow enabled. Typing one hand isn't happening on the ios keyboard.

Still not as good on ios as it is on Android, but has been getting better since it first got released.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
SwiftKey is my favourite. I can type with one hand using the iPhone 6 plus with flow enabled. Typing one hand isn't happening on the ios keyboard.

Still not as good on ios as it is on Android, but has been getting better since it first got released.

Has Swiftkey been updated to include all the new emoji characters?

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I don't know. Don't use the emoji much. There are some there but don't know if they have been updated.

Yeah I didn't see in the version notes any mention of the updated emoji. I'm just waiting for those to make it in so I can use Swiftkey again. I don't like having to switch to the emoji kb.

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I was a long time user of Android in the past, and I tried many different keyboards, but never was a fan of them. IMO (and this is only my opinion) they never work quite right, even in Android which was supporting 3rd party keyboards long ago. Tried swiftkey on iOS, and was instantly reminded why I didn't like them on Android. I like my keyboard to be consistent, and with PW fields needing the default keyboard, for good reason, I just want it to all be the same.

That said, I like options, and I'm glad they added the ability for those that like the 3rd party keyboards to have them.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I've recently used SwiftKey on my iPhone and iPad after they updated it and love it so far that I've deleted the original keyboard out of my keyboard section so I couldn't accidently switch to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods