Do you all use any third-party keyboards?

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
Wow! I just re-downloaded this SwiftKey per @Ledsteplin's suggestion and wow, am I super-impressed with this KB since the first time I tried it. It's really smooth and so far, I've made less mistakes than I do using the built-in KB. Swiftkey really upped their game with this KB.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Been an SwiftKey user for a long time on my Android and gave it a try after ios 8, didn't work well then. Installed it again for a month ago and now it works great most of the time. Some times it doesn't pop up, don't know why but it's not too often that happens. Really like SwiftKey on iOS now. Use it as my default keyboard

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I use swiftkey exclusively but it is so frustrating. It has two annoying bugs: 1. it reverts to stock (but it might just be me hitting the globe button as a type. A press and hold solution would fix this) and 2. It sometimes does not autocorrect my words and I end up typing gibberish.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I use swiftkey exclusively but it is so frustrating. It has two annoying bugs: 1. it reverts to stock (but it might just be me hitting the globe button as a type. A press and hold solution would fix this) and 2. It sometimes does not autocorrect my words and I end up typing gibberish.

Turn off the stock keyboard by deleting it in Settings->General->Keyboard. Then it won't revert. Only time stock keyboards will revert is in a password or sensitive data field so apple can be sure the devs don't try to keylog

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I loved swifkey on android devices but tbh since Apple requires Apple keyboard for password I just use it and it's good imo. Best stock keyboard on any device. I don't like Samsung and Google stock keyboard personally but apples is very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I backed a KickStarter keyboard for iOS called NEXT keyboard. It hasnt been released yet but it looks super promising.

The beta testers have nothing but positive things to say about it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just wish that SwiftKey would auto change the keyboard color to match the app (like the stock kb does)

What color is that? I like using the dark theme for a reason. My eyes are bad. The stock keyboard is hard for me to see. SwiftKey does have options in the app.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
The stock ios keyboard is the most frustrating one I have ever used on a phone. SwiftKey isn't perfect on iOS and it's not at the level it is on android. But it works pretty good and gets the job done for me. Just wish I could use it to type in passwords then I would never be stricken with the instant anxiety I get from having stock forced on me.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
For me the stock keyboard is most accurate keyboard I have experienced, and I have used android , wp and iOS. Swiftkey seems good on iOS but with it I get more wrong words predicted than I get with stock. I know it gets better with time tho.
Does anyone know can you get own button on stock keyboard for emoji? Kinda slow to long press that globe and select emoji..

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's like me. There are many 3rd party keyboards I would not trust with my passwords. But SwiftKey and Swype I would. There's a SwiftKey VIP forum I visit some on TapaTalk. I wish Apple would give us the option to allow keyboards to enter our passwords. Most are not that important. We could always switch for banking and important stuff. It's crazy trying to leave reviews in the App Store. I've learned to go ahead and switch to stock first. And I have way fewer problems using SwiftKey than I did on the stock keyboard.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
From what I remember from the iOS 8 launch, all password fields in apps and websites should always be pulling up the stock keyboard for security reasons. I had it automatically pull up the stock kb when I used SwiftKey and went to my bank app to log in.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm giving SwiftKey another try. Seems better since the few iOS updates.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I previously said I was sticking with the stock keyboard but I felt like I'd be doing myself a disservice by not at least trying a third party keyboard. Downloaded SwiftKey ten minutes ago and I like it already!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I previously said I was sticking with the stock keyboard but I felt like I'd be doing myself a disservice by not at least trying a third party keyboard. Downloaded SwiftKey ten minutes ago and I like it already!

If you type your email address in several times, then as soon as you type the first 2 characters of the email address, the whole address shows in the middle predictive box. That's better than using shortcuts. Also, you can remove non words created by mistake by pressing on the non word for the option to remove. Like this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428670223.057650.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice