I use swiftkey exclusively but it is so frustrating. It has two annoying bugs: 1. it reverts to stock (but it might just be me hitting the globe button as a type. A press and hold solution would fix this) and 2. It sometimes does not autocorrect my words and I end up typing gibberish.
    04-07-2015 11:18 PM
    I use swiftkey exclusively but it is so frustrating. It has two annoying bugs: 1. it reverts to stock (but it might just be me hitting the globe button as a type. A press and hold solution would fix this) and 2. It sometimes does not autocorrect my words and I end up typing gibberish.
    Turn off the stock keyboard by deleting it in Settings->General->Keyboard. Then it won't revert. Only time stock keyboards will revert is in a password or sensitive data field so apple can be sure the devs don't try to keylog

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    04-07-2015 11:20 PM
    I just wish that SwiftKey would auto change the keyboard color to match the app (like the stock kb does)

Closingracer likes this.
    04-07-2015 11:21 PM
    I loved swifkey on android devices but tbh since Apple requires Apple keyboard for password I just use it and it's good imo. Best stock keyboard on any device. I don't like Samsung and Google stock keyboard personally but apples is very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    robbrick and Miska Hietala like this.
    04-07-2015 11:50 PM
    I backed a KickStarter keyboard for iOS called NEXT keyboard. It hasnt been released yet but it looks super promising.

The beta testers have nothing but positive things to say about it.
    04-08-2015 05:55 PM
    I just wish that SwiftKey would auto change the keyboard color to match the app (like the stock kb does)

What color is that? I like using the dark theme for a reason. My eyes are bad. The stock keyboard is hard for me to see. SwiftKey does have options in the app.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-08-2015 06:09 PM
    Stock!
    All day, Everyday!
    bbmjack likes this.
    04-08-2015 06:13 PM
    The stock ios keyboard is the most frustrating one I have ever used on a phone. SwiftKey isn't perfect on iOS and it's not at the level it is on android. But it works pretty good and gets the job done for me. Just wish I could use it to type in passwords then I would never be stricken with the instant anxiety I get from having stock forced on me.
    04-08-2015 06:21 PM
    For me the stock keyboard is most accurate keyboard I have experienced, and I have used android , wp and iOS. Swiftkey seems good on iOS but with it I get more wrong words predicted than I get with stock. I know it gets better with time tho.
    Does anyone know can you get own button on stock keyboard for emoji? Kinda slow to long press that globe and select emoji..
    04-09-2015 06:54 AM
    That's like me. There are many 3rd party keyboards I would not trust with my passwords. But SwiftKey and Swype I would. There's a SwiftKey VIP forum I visit some on TapaTalk. I wish Apple would give us the option to allow keyboards to enter our passwords. Most are not that important. We could always switch for banking and important stuff. It's crazy trying to leave reviews in the App Store. I've learned to go ahead and switch to stock first. And I have way fewer problems using SwiftKey than I did on the stock keyboard.

04-09-2015 11:15 AM
    From what I remember from the iOS 8 launch, all password fields in apps and websites should always be pulling up the stock keyboard for security reasons. I had it automatically pull up the stock kb when I used SwiftKey and went to my bank app to log in.

04-09-2015 02:18 PM
    I'm giving SwiftKey another try. Seems better since the few iOS updates.

04-09-2015 02:24 PM
    I'm giving SwiftKey another try. Seems better since the few iOS updates.

I'm waiting for an update so SwiftKey can see/use the new emoji.

ladyc0524 likes this.
    04-09-2015 02:26 PM
    I previously said I was sticking with the stock keyboard but I felt like I'd be doing myself a disservice by not at least trying a third party keyboard. Downloaded SwiftKey ten minutes ago and I like it already!

04-09-2015 10:39 PM
    I previously said I was sticking with the stock keyboard but I felt like I'd be doing myself a disservice by not at least trying a third party keyboard. Downloaded SwiftKey ten minutes ago and I like it already!

If you type your email address in several times, then as soon as you type the first 2 characters of the email address, the whole address shows in the middle predictive box. That's better than using shortcuts. Also, you can remove non words created by mistake by pressing on the non word for the option to remove. Like this:
    Do you all use any third-party keyboards?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1428670223.057650.jpg

04-10-2015 08:50 AM
    I tried SwiftKey, but as others have said, the experience was buggy. Sometimes it wouldn't even come up. Other times, the stock keyboard would come up instead. I eventually uninstalled it. I'm getting used to the stock keyboard and think it's working just fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-10-2015 09:07 AM
    If you type your email address in several times, then as soon as you type the first 2 characters of the email address, the whole address shows in the middle predictive box. That's better than using shortcuts. Also, you can remove non words created by mistake by pressing on the non word for the option to remove.

Thanks for the tip Led!

04-10-2015 09:11 AM
    I wish there was away to use the stock keyboard in the black and gray mode all the time.
    robbrick likes this.
    04-10-2015 10:49 AM
    SwiftKey I use mostly with the stock keyboard on occasion. They still haven't figured out how to stop it from disappearing though.
    04-10-2015 11:09 AM
    Swiftkey is less buggy with iOS 8.3.
    04-10-2015 12:15 PM
    My keyboard vanishes still. I have to swipe it out of the multitasking tray.

04-10-2015 02:53 PM
    Swiftkey is less buggy with iOS 8.3.
    Yes when I first did the update it kept vanishing still but now a few days into the update it had seemed to stabilized launches every time some times with a small lag though
    04-11-2015 01:43 PM
    I use SwiftKey on my phone. I have a muscle disability and need a sliding keyboard. I also LOVE that it predicts the next word for me to use as I have it signed into my social networks and it learns the words you use most. Sometimes it has predicted whole sentences for me.

I am getting incredibly fed up though of it often not showing up. This has got incredibly worse since the 8.3 update. Especially in messages.

I also wish the keys were bigger as I have huge fingers and it often suggests the wrong word from my sliding
    04-12-2015 12:44 AM
    Nope, nope, nope, I tried using Swiftkey again and NO: I just don't like it as much as the stock keyboard, so off it goes again.
    04-12-2015 02:24 AM
    I just use the stock keyboard. As much as I like trying new things, I hate glitchy accessories. It ruins my productivity.
    04-13-2015 01:28 PM
108 1234 ...