I for one would love for Apple to incorporate a LED on the next generation iPhone. Coming from the Blackberry world, I found that when I am in a meeting and have the ringer on my device turned off, having an LED blinking to indicate I have a message would be nice?

I really don't think Apple with ever have one on there devices, I would be this first one to embrace it, if it ever does materialize.
    ritesh and clickitykeys like this.
    04-04-2015 05:22 AM
    ...coming from the Blackberry world....

If a bleeping blinking notification light is essential to your existence, you should have stayed in the Blackberry world...

I for one hope Apple NEVER incorporates a blinky light... I detested it when I had Blackberries...
    04-04-2015 07:25 AM
    I for one would love for Apple to incorporate a LED on the next generation iPhone. Coming from the Blackberry world, I found that when I am in a meeting and have the ringer on my device turned off, having an LED blinking to indicate I have a message would be nice?

I really don't think Apple with ever have one on there devices, I would be this first one to embrace it, if it ever does materialize.
    That would be a nice feature but I highly doubt they would. I missed it at first coming from my Note 4, but after a week I grew accustomed to not having it. I usually just click the home button to see if I have any notifications since I keep my phone on do not disturb anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-04-2015 07:33 AM
    You can set notifications to show on the lock screen. A blinking light would be annoying to me.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    LVMHgirl and SpasticPat like this.
    04-04-2015 08:26 AM
    I'd like that as an option, with ability to turn the LED feature off/on depending upon location awareness (work, home, travel, errands...). Set to On at work, Off at home; or various combinations depending upon individual needs/priorities.

The LED system in my view is more discrete and offers more privacy than the Lock Screen option.

Just a guess: the Apple Watch will likely become the new turbo charged LED/notification feature, and combined with the current Lock Screen option; an LED feature on the iPhone will probably not happen.
    04-04-2015 09:43 AM
    Not this again
    taz323, hydrogen3 and Les74 like this.
    04-04-2015 09:44 AM
    Not this again…
    at least it doesn't come up nearly as often as it used to...
    04-04-2015 09:54 AM
    at least it doesn't come up nearly as often as it used to...
    More than once is too much. Arrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.
    kch50428 likes this.
    04-04-2015 10:10 AM
    Although not as discrete, the flash on the camera can be used as an LED notification
    04-04-2015 10:12 AM
    Although not as discrete, the flash on the camera can be used as an LED notification
    but the blinky light has to be on the front... <foot stomp...>
    04-04-2015 10:16 AM
    I've only been using an iPhone for three years, but I miss an LED indicator still. It's nice to leave the phone on the counter/wherever and be able to tell from across the room if you've received a text or whatever. It's even better when you can assign a different color to different types of notifications.

Sure beats having to check your phone every so often just to find there's nothing there, or something is there that you wish you'd been aware of earlier.

I might be in the minority but I think I use my phone too much, and I try to not keep it in my hand or in my pocket when at home with the family.
    ritesh and sydneycooper1979 like this.
    04-04-2015 10:23 AM
    Just buy an Apple watch and get all your notifications on your wrist. #problemSolved

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1.
    kch50428, LVMHgirl, FFR and 1 others like this.
    04-04-2015 11:36 AM
    LED notifications = battery hog.
    My 6 plus has been off the charger for almost 18 hours.
    I wouldn't want a LED taking a chunk out of that.
    04-04-2015 11:48 AM
    Just buy an Apple watch and get all your notifications on your wrist. #problemSolved

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    04-04-2015 03:56 PM
    I've been using 'LED notification' light feature on my iPhone.I prefer the camera flashlight to sound or vibration.I hope it doesn't cripple my battery life? Thanks!
    04-04-2015 07:25 PM
    I've been using 'LED notification' light feature on my iPhone.I prefer the camera flashlight to sound or vibration.I hope it doesn't cripple my battery life? Thanks!
    Depends on how many flash notifications you get a day. A few won't hurt. But constant flashing will. The flash uses a lot of battery.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    iDrizzy01 likes this.
    04-04-2015 08:46 PM
    ...coming from the Blackberry world....

If a bleeping blinking notification light is essential to your existence, you should have stayed in the Blackberry world...

I for one hope Apple NEVER incorporates a blinky light... I detested it when I had Blackberries...
    Read the first post and immediately wondered where you'd be in this thread. Second post. Good effort, that man!
    04-05-2015 03:20 AM
    Not this again
    Exactly what I thought when I saw this thread too.....at first I figured it may have been an oldie dug up from the graveyard of threads. But nope, I saw it was new lol.
    04-05-2015 08:05 AM
    I actually missed the LED very briefly when I left BlackBerry. When I weighed what I'd gained (reliability, support, native apps, user experience) I realised that I'd lost nearly nothing in losing the LED.
    If I had to choose between the LED on the BlackBerry and the dependability of iOS, it's really a no brainer.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    kch50428 and Dougie011 like this.
    04-05-2015 08:57 AM
    I believe the LED actually makes a phone less elegant and cheap-looking. My sister has a Galaxy S4 and when I see those annoying LEDs blinking, makes me I glad I have an iPhone. I've never missed LEDs from my old Blckberry or Treo. Glad Apple didn't put one in and hope they never do.
    kch50428 and mikeo007 like this.
    04-06-2015 12:49 AM
    I agree with the OP. Would reduce the number of times I press the home button to check notifications.
    And to all the nay-sayers, there is an option of turning off the LED notifications, just to make your phone look elegant or not so BB'ish.
    04-06-2015 04:28 AM
    I actually missed the LED very briefly when I left BlackBerry. When I weighed what I'd gained (reliability, support, native apps, user experience) I realised that I'd lost nearly nothing in losing the LED.
    If I had to choose between the LED on the BlackBerry and the dependability of iOS, it's really a no brainer.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    I think most people who've dumped BB over the years have briefly missed the LED, myself included. But it only took me a few weeks to realize that the LED was more of a hindrance than a help. Aside from being a distraction at home, it also had me constantly checking my phone during meetings, which looked quite rude at times. Now I have my phone set to light up when a notification comes in, so I can see it at a glance. This serves me better than a flashing light that doesn't give me nearly enough information about the incoming notification.
    04-06-2015 08:28 AM
    I think most people who've dumped BB over the years have briefly missed the LED, myself included. But it only took me a few weeks to realize that the LED was more of a hindrance than a help. Aside from being a distraction at home, it also had me constantly checking my phone during meetings, which looked quite rude at times. Now I have my phone set to light up when a notification comes in, so I can see it at a glance. This serves me better than a flashing light that doesn't give me nearly enough information about the incoming notification.
    Yup. Same here.

For many of us recovering BlackBerry users, the LED is a meh..... the sun continues to shine without it....

You know what I don't want to do without? iOS dependability and Apple support.

Try those two with BlackBerry. My ex had to get his Passport replaced due to a lifting screen.

Took almost two months of back and forth with Digital River and BlackBerry. It would take me half an hour at the Apple Store that's one short Metro ride from me.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    04-06-2015 08:48 AM
    Oh and by the way Mike.....I bought a used Quasim....er....Passport off a friend who was ready to smash it against the wall. Those were her words, not mine. So I gave her what amounted to freedom money so she could go get herself an iPhone 6 Plus and unshackle herself from that thing.

I didn't give BlackBerry any money and I'm not paying extra services on BBM so I don't feel that I added anything to the BlackBerry bottom line. Thank God.

This thing hasn't got the legendary battery life everybody talks about. It's not as big as I thought it would be. The OS is pathetic, screen flickering green or black and white lines on the screen. Camera is minimally better than the pathetic 9900 camera. If THIS is the legendary Passport that BlackBerry has its fortunes tied to, I am rather pessimistic about their hardware division.

Haven't had it long enough to out it through its paces. But I'm not hopeful.

Oh Android apps do run better on it. But still no banking apps, no Geico.

And yes the keyboard is in fact a dream.

Blinking LED-imageuploadedbytapatalk1428329500.383004.jpg

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    04-06-2015 10:11 AM
    At least you've come to peace with the reality that it will never happen.
    04-06-2015 11:07 AM
185 123 ...