Blinking LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Also if you read my comments. I have said multiple times it is not a deal breaker or a must. But it would be a welcome addition. Why does everything have to be so nuclear?

I'm Cuban Irish. And a redhead.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Just to reiterate Bakron's POV and give an opinion from the business community here in India and from my limited contacts in Indonesia , I can confirm that the people in my industry ( Custom Brokerage/Freight Forwarding/Logistics/SCM), do miss and wish for the LED lights on their iPhones. Not having it makes no difference, but having it, would be welcome
This could essentially be, because of the fact that both countries have been huge on Blackberries and are moving on to the iPhone, slowly and steadily. A majority of the low end Android devices sold here ( Karbonn/Micromax/Samsung), already have the LED notification.

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Come on guys and gals! You do realise that if Apple does ever fit a "blinky LED light" to a future IPhone that it will suddenly be the coolest and most innovative thing going? <Sarcasm folks> 😆

That aside, I am 50/50 about said "blinky light". Yes, it was great when you were 20 feet away from your phone in a noisy environment to know that you had either an email, message or missed call notification. On the down side when in any meetings with any colleagues at work when we all had BlackBerrys it was annoying when people would constantly pick up their phone to check it every time it went flashing away, even with phones set to silent.

Personally I don't miss it really, and not hankering to have it back on my IPhone, or any future phone for that matter, but can understand why so do. Would it matter to me if Apple ever did stick one on an IPhone? No.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Not a similar position at all. I didn't BUY a phone with Instagram. It was an app.

A similar situation would be buying a blackberry and demanding iMessage and getting frantic because it didn't have it.

You don't need a BES to make the light blink. I also don't see the pro blinky people getting frantic. The zeal on the other side however is curious.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You don't need a BES to make the light blink. I also don't see the pro blinky people getting frantic. The zeal on the other side however is curious.

OK I was going to stay away from this but.....

What does BES have to do with the price of tea????? WHERE did I mention BES as a requirement for the blinkity blinky blink blinking light?!!?!

The zeal is simply put I don't want my iPhone turning into a BlackBerry. That simple. Don't think that's too hard a concept.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
OK I was going to stay away from this but.....

What does BES have to do with the price of tea????? WHERE did I mention BES as a requirement for the blinkity blinky blink blinking light?!!?!

The zeal is simply put I don't want my iPhone turning into a BlackBerry. That simple. Don't think that's too hard a concept.

Remember, Lil, we are dealing with blackberry fanboys.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Remember, Lil, we are dealing with blackberry fanboys.

Ugh.....true....

Don't know where BES got into it.

I don't think the Blackberry people in this thread realise that I managed the BES admin contract and the BES team from 2009 to 2013. I KNOW what BES is.

Unbelievable.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry OP. Seemed like a nice enough query to me. The snark attack was not needed. I hope it doesn't dissuade you from using the iMore forums. You've always been a thoughtful poster from what I've seen.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Ugh.....true....

Don't know where BES got into it.

I don't think the Blackberry people in this thread realise that I managed the BES admin contract and the BES team from 2009 to 2013. I KNOW what BES is.

Unbelievable.

I knew that from reading other posts. I was just proposing that your imessage analogy was not fair as its apple hosted. Where you can have a blinky light on android just fine without a blackberry host.
The first thing I missed leaving BB for android was push. Then switching to apple the first thing I missed was the blinking notification.
I think sometimes Apple tries too hard to be different. A blinky light would be awesome even if not original.
The OP is right on with his want for it. Certainly doesn't warrant the backlash he got here for what you would have thought was a casual observation.
If people didn't ask for features like notification center we would have never gotten it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox