Blinking LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
OK it's not terrible and from his personal point of view it may work. But it is a car metaphor every damn time.. Come up with something new.

And for the record I am not trying to discredit anything that Sean, qb or kch are trying to say. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just wish they would admit that the amount of people that want this feature could very well be much much more than 1% of blackberry users because in that specific circumstance I can assure you they are wrong.

I like cars, so I use car metaphors...don't like it? Tough sh*t. It also clearly got the point across to you, and you understood it quite well (regardless of how much you're tired of seeing car metaphors), so in terms of functionality, it was quite useful. Just like the tape deck was replaced by newer technology, so has this idea of a notification light with the slew of things that new age smart phones can do to let you know you have a notification or message. Adding a light to the phone, with the sole purpose of notifying you of something, is a redundancy that is simply unneeded, and negates the technology that has evolved over the years to eliminate the need for such a thing.

I used the 1% number to represent a tiny number...is it 1%? I have no damn clue honestly, nor do I care to dig up the numbers to accurately represent what the actual demand reflects. What do I know? The demand is tiny, and always has been...otherwise we would have seen it on the iPhone by now (because like you said yourself, Apple follows consumer demand trends...bigger screens, etc etc etc).

Maybe Apple will, one day, add some kind of notification light to the iPhone...maybe Apple will add furry arms to the iPhone so that people can snuggle with it at night. I can't tell you for sure that neither of those things will happen, but in my opinion, I'm pretty damn sure they won't.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Mobile/Smartphone tech has moved on.
Their is so much rich content available on a device the norm is that people are constantly or frequently checking their device.
When BB was all the rage what was their to see? Nothing. So a notification light was a nice feature.

Now that mobile devices are featuring hi tech cameras multiple gigs of ram and thin profiles internal space is at a premium.
Why in world would you sacrifice space for a light when you can have some new camera lens technology or memory technology or whatever occupying much needed space.

The light advocates never want to address this factor or admit that it's a reasonable reason why there is no light.
I never hear any acceptance that there is no light and as to why there is no light.
It's always I want a light without any concerns of the logistics like a child stomping his feet.
If I was designing a smartphone and I had to decide on using a certain size chip that makes the board bigger but will make my phone perform better vs a light. I'm choosing the chip.
Battery life and performance that's what people want not a light.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
But I do want a light. I do not want to have to check my phone at all times. I do not get an insane amount of notifications, but when I do they are usually important to me. At the end of the day I miss more of those on my iPhone than I every did on any of my android devices.
You guys don't want it. I get that but PLEASE don't discredit the users that do by calling them "stomping children" and claiming their is no logical reason why they say they want what they want.

But if it comes down to 2gb of RAM or a Notification LED I would go for the 2gb of RAM in a heartbeat. That is my most requested change to the phone in it's current state.

-Screw the advanced camera
-Screw the 2 mm less thickness
-Screw the LED light

I want 2gb ram.

Can we agree on that? Can we agree that 2gb of ram though not completely necessary for iOS 8 in it's current state would be very welcomed in the 6s?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
But I do want a light. I do not want to have to check my phone at all times. I do not get an insane amount of notifications, but when I do they are usually important to me. At the end of the day I miss more of those on my iPhone than I every did on any of my android devices.
You guys don't want it. I get that but PLEASE don't discredit the users that do by calling them "stomping children" and claiming their is no logical reason why they say they want what they want.

But if it comes down to 2gb of RAM or a Notification LED I would go for the 2gb of RAM in a heartbeat. That is my most requested change to the phone in it's current state.

-Screw the advanced camera
-Screw the 2 mm less thickness
-Screw the LED light

I want 2gb ram.

Can we agree on that? Can we agree that 2gb of ram though not completely necessary for iOS 8 in it's current state would be very welcomed in the 6s?

I would like a blinking light.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
What's utterly illogical is the number of people who, with an almost religious zeal, they really, really really, really want a blinky light... they know iPhones don't have them... they buy an iPhone anyway... then are all nonplussed that the iPhone doesn't have a blinky light... and then they come here to wish iPhones had blinkers... It's quite silly. The last thing I'd do is go to a forum centric to other platforms and lament that those platforms don't have something I like about the iPhone... those other forums would run me out on a rail...

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
What's utterly illogical is the number of people who, with an almost religious zeal, they really, really really, really want a blinky light... they know iPhones don't have them... they buy an iPhone anyway... then are all nonplussed that the iPhone doesn't have a blinky light... and then they come here to wish iPhones had blinkers... It's quite silly. The last thing I'd do is go to a forum centric to other platforms and lament that those platforms don't have something I like about the iPhone... those other forums would run me out on a rail...

Dude he is just wishing for a feature. I think you are all over thinking it. It's not silly. It was a great feature on BBs. Not a deal breaker but really NTH. I think you guys really need to take a pill.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

Well if the forums aren't a place to talk about how I think a product can be made "better" then I am not sure where to go.

Post titles like this:
If you could make one change to the Apple Watch, what would it be?

Seems to be perfectly OK? Why because it is in Gen 1? Well if there were 2 things I would change about the 6 it is I would bump ram to 2gb and add a notification LED of some sort. Can't I have the same courtesy?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Dude he is just wishing for a feature. I think you are all over thinking it. It's not silly. It was a great feature on BBs. Not a deal breaker but really NTH. I think you guys really need to take a pill.
Dude... It's one thing to wish for a feature... what's going on here is far and above "wishing".... physician, heal thyself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2