Blinking LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
...coming from the Blackberry world....

If a bleeping blinking notification light is essential to your existence, you should have stayed in the Blackberry world...

I for one hope Apple NEVER incorporates a blinky light... I detested it when I had Blackberries...

People make choices by weighing benefits vs risks, no phone is perfect. I just can't stand when people get overly rude. I've had smartphones with most platform out there there are some basic features that iPhone lacks just like other phones, and there are a lot of things iphone does the best. Just don't say it if you don't have nothing positive to say, people don't give a rip about what you think they should get or to stay with, it's their money.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus!

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
so, if we're not "business users" we're squat... OK... If you say so... Smh...

You missed the point completely, it called having choices and options. There are a lot of folks who came over from other platforms who might welcome the idea of a LED.

A simple software switch could be provided in the settings menu to turn it off if you choose not to want to use it.

This is a market of consumers who want more choices and options. It was just a suggestion.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This is a market of consumers who want more choices and options. It was just a suggestion.
You're missing my point... There are indeed choices... If you want your beloved blinky light, don't choose the iPhone. If Apple thought there was a market for it, it would be there...

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
You're missing my point... There are indeed choices... If you want your beloved blinky light, don't choose the iPhone. If Apple thought there was a market for it, it would be there...

Whatever, as I said, just a suggestion, not demanding anything and I still like my 6+ and my iMacs I use in my business.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Geez, all I asked was what folks thought about adding a LED and never expected this kind of response!!! In the end they are just phones and if you can improve on something that other folks might find useful, then why not???

Who gives a rats *** if Blackberry or any other manufacturers used it. I have had a lot of iPhone users who happen to like the LED idea and would welcome the addition of one.

I only made the post to get some credible feedback that's all.

No harm done, and you did get "some credible feedback" from both opponents and proponents.....

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
People make choices by weighing benefits vs risks, no phone is perfect. I just can't stand when people get overly rude. I've had smartphones with most platform out there there are some basic features that iPhone lacks just like other phones, and there are a lot of things iphone does the best. Just don't say it if you don't have nothing positive to say, people don't give a rip about what you think they should get or to stay with, it's their money.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus!

IMO, your comment is pretty rude.

I can say it. And I will say it. Are you trying to say that only those who agree with your point of view are allowed to comment? Good luck with that.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, at the business end there are a lot more folks like me who think the same way and who have a big influence, so only time will tell.

Show us some proof on that buddy...lol. As a business end user, I don't know anyone who thinks such a thing would be a useful addition to an iPhone.

I don't want it on my iPhone because I don't want the space required to put it in the chassis to be used for such, nor do I want it staring at me all the time over the fantastic design of this device. Just my opinion...nothing factual about it at all, and if they added it, I'd just deal with it.

Thankfully, up to this point, Apple seems to agree with those of us who don't care for the idea.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This whole business thing and the blinking light is a crock. Man folks are getting business done everyday without that light.
The big influence are those people in tents outside of every Apple Store a month before release.
There's no consortium of business professionals banging their fist on a desk for a blinking light.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This whole business thing and the blinking light is a crock. Man folks are getting business done everyday without that light.
The big influence are those people in tents outside of every Apple Store a month before release.
There's no consortium of business professionals banging their fist on a desk for a blinking light.

People like to throw around the "business world" BS to support their clamoring because it's really all they have to latch onto...and to be honest, it's pretty laughable. The world has moved on from Blackberry, and all that came with Blackberry. The amount of people sitting around yearning for an LED notification light on their smart phone probably make up a fraction of a fraction of 1% of the business consumers who buy iPhones.

Business end users are far more worried about things like email enhancements in the native application on the iPhone and increased battery life.

And then there's the little corner of end users like bakron1 who think his desire for an LED notification light is some how this really popular want by vast spans of business users. Weird...it seems Apple follows large consumer demand with their design and development...and yet here we are, with an iPhone that has no LED notification light...I wonder why?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm a business user. I chose a Galaxy 5 for work because of the removable battery. As a business user I find more value in a user replaceable battery. So if I were to clamor for something it would not be the Pavlovian BlackBerry blinking blink blinking blink blink blinkity blinking light.

I GOT AWAY FROM BLACKBERRY and all its blink blink blinking blink blinkity blink bloomking blinking blink. I DON'T WANT to be reminded of it. It's a bad blinking blink blinkity blinking blink of a nightmare.

NO I don't want my iPhone turning into a troglodyte blackberry androidian hybrid hot mess.

Want a blinkity blinking blink blinking blinkity blink blonking blinking light get a BlackBerry.

The above came from a business user who wants to forget the hot pile of mess nightmare that was blackberry.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I have yet to participate in a meeting where it was OK to look at your blinkity blink light and then where it was permissible to answer it. As a matter of fact, many of the meetings I attend enforce a strict NO PHONE policy.

Yet another BlackBerrian acolyte crutch that bears no semblance to reality.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner