Blinking LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
In all fairness I was warned about those who own Apple products and how, If you speak negatively even a lilbit, You are berated buy the fanboys. Good to see that was true.
I did not know that email with a simple attachment had to be done in such a cumbersome fashion. when I say cumbersome, I mean a way other than how I would add an attachment to an email on other devices or my laptop or desktop.
I knew about the LED, It just made things easier, like an attachment to an email
I was also told how simple it is to bait the diehards.
Done!!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
In all fairness I was warned about those who own Apple products and how, If you speak negatively even a lilbit, You are berated buy the fanboys. Good to see that was true.
I did not know that email with a simple attachment had to be done in such a cumbersome fashion. when I say cumbersome, I mean a way other than how I would add an attachment to an email on other devices or my laptop or desktop.
I knew about the LED, It just made things easier, like an attachment to an email
Done!!

If you think THIS forum berates users, I suggest you visit other sites to get an idea of what berating actually is.

And you were told how simple it was to bait the diehards? Was there a specific intent to your post?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Done!!

Yep, that's pretty much how it goes.

1. New guy comes along complaining about a "feature" that he wants not being on an Apple device, despite the well-known fact that that "feature" was never on the Apple device.
  2. Forum members point out the fallacy of the "need" for said "feature". They clearly point out that said "feature" was never on the Apple device. Most of those holding the opposing viewpoint are extremely courteous.
  3. New guy continues to plead his case.
  4. Forum members continue to voice their opposition.
  5. New guy plays "victim" card by saying that he had been warned that he would be attacked.
  6. Fact: new guy was NEVER attacked, but rather, was unable to understand an alternative point of view.
  7. New guy stomps his tiny little feet and says that he's "done" here.
NOTE: The thread you opened is about the LED on an iPhone. If you want to discuss the email attachments, open a new thread. Many will agree with you.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
LMAO. KCH, you wouldn't know my intentions if I smacked you in the head with a legal pad that had them listed on every page. It does seem that only things that are added by Apple are the ones embraced as true achievements and not ideas brought up by people who use the phone. I never said it was bad I simply said it could use a few improvements. Everything can use some improvements. BTW I did start a thread about the email!!!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
BTW I did start a thread about the email!!!
i can do everything I've ever needed to do with email on an iOS device... Including attached files. Apps have 'share sheets' that facilitate sending files created in the apps by email... And within the email compose window, one can easily attach pictures or video files from the device's stored photos... All with the stock Apple mail app...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Now would be a good time to put on some big boy pants and just agree to disagree.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
In your use case for your preferences.

In my use case for my preferences I find no need for an LED. I find no need for a file system. And if I need to attach documents, I easily use an app. But ever since I started using iPhones back in 2009, the only thing I send are photos and videos.

If I had a need for anything else there would be Box or Dropbox. The fact that I'm living quite happily and peacefully without BlackBerry features on my iPhone is proof positive that, for me, those features were irrelevant for my use case.

I find being able to organise my music and to share through devices and family much more of a needed/wanted feature than a blinking red light.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

I have no issues attaching files. For me everything is in one drive. Everything is synced with my phone my laptop and my desktop. To me it's easy as heck to email an attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have no issues attaching files. For me everything is in one drive. Everything is synced with my phone my laptop and my desktop. To me it's easy as heck to email an attachment.
Come on now... You're spoiling the meme that iPhones are utterly worthless when it comes to email... :)

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
LED notifications = battery hog.
My 6 plus has been off the charger for almost 18 hours.
I wouldn't want a LED taking a chunk out of that.

Actually turning on the display every time a text is received though takes up WAAAY more battery than a silly blinking light.

Why do you think so many articles about how to increase your iPhone's battery say to turn off all notifications on the lock screen unless you absolutely have to have them.

Sometimes I think people just pull facts out of their ***

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've got all kinds of notifications. And I still get a day of constant use.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
LMAO. KCH, you wouldn't know my intentions if I smacked you in the head with a legal pad that had them listed on every page. It does seem that only things that are added by Apple are the ones embraced as true achievements and not ideas brought up by people who use the phone. I never said it was bad I simply said it could use a few improvements. Everything can use some improvements. BTW I did start a thread about the email!!!

You are certainly not as clever or "slick" as you think...you're trying to kick up dust, that is your intention. Is it just "your opinion"? Sure! But someone could come in here and say the iPhone is the worst product in the smart phone market, does nothing right and is owned by plebeians, and that would also be an "opinion".

What I always get a kick out of is when people like you stroll in thinking your opinions can be swung around this place without retaliation of any sort...otherwise you resort to the same tired "fanboy" argument...when the truth is, you spend your time trying to start squabbles, go figure.

Your intentions are so simple minded, I don't know why you assume no one can see right through them.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Aside from the snide comments and child like bickering. I think a led light on the iPhone would be cool. And obviously just like any other phone with an led you can turn it off in the settings. Why people would argue against more functions on their iPhone (especially one with virtually zero negative impacts) is odd to me. I would choose a 30 cent led light over a $350 watch any day :p

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
The problem with these threads is that they usually devolve into angry pee-ing contests

Threads like this always follow the same pattern:

(A) User of another platform posts a suggestion that would make the iPhone "even better" or asks why doesn't the iPhone have a certain feature.

(B) Several of us Apple devotees (please note I said us to include myself) respond with the following; Apple users don't want that feature or if the suggested feature is a deal breaker don't get an iPhone.

(C) Then another user, who is usually a bit more hostile, of the OP's platform gets involved. This poster almost always plays the "it's my opinion card."

(D) At this point, the peeing contest Hank mentioned is on and the argument is about as productive as going back and forth about whether Wendy's would be better if they sold hot dogs.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Where would we be without the trolls from other forums. It's keeps us sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You'd think the would have enough to deal with with their pathetic company.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Aside from the snide comments and child like bickering. I think a led light on the iPhone would be cool. And obviously just like any other phone with an led you can turn it off in the settings. Why people would argue against more functions on their iPhone (especially one with virtually zero negative impacts) is odd to me. I would choose a 30 cent led light over a $350 watch any day :p

I use the platform and I would prefer the watch over a feature that adds no value to me.

I escaped BlackBerry. I don't want to have its features polluting my iPhone.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I use the platform and I would prefer the watch over a feature that adds no value to me.

I escaped BlackBerry. I don't want to have its features polluting my iPhone.

Personally a led light that could be turned off and would be pretty much invisible when off is polluting my phone less than an apple watch app that I will never use because I would never ever buy an apple watch. Either way neither would be deal breakers for me. But I think a lot of people would benefit from the light.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Personally a led light that could be turned off and would be pretty much invisible when off is polluting my phone less than an apple watch app that I will never use because I would never ever buy an apple watch. Either way neither would be deal breakers for me. But I think a lot of people would benefit from the light.

You don't have to watch the phone. And I don't want a carryover from a platform that I've gone past polluting my current platform. Why would I? I left Blackberry because it became meaningless to me. Why would I want my iPhone polluted with BlackBerry features? If the LED were important to me I would not have an iPhone.

Why do you want to impose that which you value onto me and deny me the right to exercise my will as a consumer in choosing a phone that has what I want? I don't want a BlackBerry or a BlackBerry-like device as my daily driver. If I did, my iPhone would not be my daily driver and my chosen platform. Why gives you the right to dictate what I should have when I've said I don't want it and when I have the option of having it elsewhere if it were if value to me?

Want an LED light? Get a BlackBerry or a Samsung. Leave my iPhone alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR