LED notifications = battery hog.
    My 6 plus has been off the charger for almost 18 hours.
    I wouldn't want a LED taking a chunk out of that.
    Actually turning on the display every time a text is received though takes up WAAAY more battery than a silly blinking light.

Why do you think so many articles about how to increase your iPhone's battery say to turn off all notifications on the lock screen unless you absolutely have to have them.

Sometimes I think people just pull facts out of their ***
    04-10-2015 11:19 PM
    I've got all kinds of notifications. And I still get a day of constant use.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 04-12-2015 at 02:32 AM.
    zerog46 likes this.
    04-11-2015 06:31 AM
    LMAO. KCH, you wouldn't know my intentions if I smacked you in the head with a legal pad that had them listed on every page. It does seem that only things that are added by Apple are the ones embraced as true achievements and not ideas brought up by people who use the phone. I never said it was bad I simply said it could use a few improvements. Everything can use some improvements. BTW I did start a thread about the email!!!
    You are certainly not as clever or "slick" as you think...you're trying to kick up dust, that is your intention. Is it just "your opinion"? Sure! But someone could come in here and say the iPhone is the worst product in the smart phone market, does nothing right and is owned by plebeians, and that would also be an "opinion".

What I always get a kick out of is when people like you stroll in thinking your opinions can be swung around this place without retaliation of any sort...otherwise you resort to the same tired "fanboy" argument...when the truth is, you spend your time trying to start squabbles, go figure.

Your intentions are so simple minded, I don't know why you assume no one can see right through them.
    kch50428, zerog46, qbnkelt and 1 others like this.
    04-12-2015 12:16 PM
    Aside from the snide comments and child like bickering. I think a led light on the iPhone would be cool. And obviously just like any other phone with an led you can turn it off in the settings. Why people would argue against more functions on their iPhone (especially one with virtually zero negative impacts) is odd to me. I would choose a 30 cent led light over a $350 watch any day :P
    anon(73368) likes this.
    04-12-2015 01:27 PM
    The problem with these threads is that they usually devolve into angry pee-ing contests
    Threads like this always follow the same pattern:

(A) User of another platform posts a suggestion that would make the iPhone "even better" or asks why doesn't the iPhone have a certain feature.

(B) Several of us Apple devotees (please note I said us to include myself) respond with the following; Apple users don't want that feature or if the suggested feature is a deal breaker don't get an iPhone.

(C) Then another user, who is usually a bit more hostile, of the OP's platform gets involved. This poster almost always plays the "it's my opinion card."

(D) At this point, the peeing contest Hank mentioned is on and the argument is about as productive as going back and forth about whether Wendy's would be better if they sold hot dogs.
    04-12-2015 01:30 PM
    I've got all kinds of notifications. And I still get a day of constant use.

Right back at ya. Got all my notifications on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-12-2015 01:36 PM
    Where would we be without the trolls from other forums. It's keeps us sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coachbulldog, qbnkelt and mikeo007 like this.
    04-12-2015 01:48 PM
    You'd think the would have enough to deal with with their pathetic company.

04-12-2015 03:31 PM
    Aside from the snide comments and child like bickering. I think a led light on the iPhone would be cool. And obviously just like any other phone with an led you can turn it off in the settings. Why people would argue against more functions on their iPhone (especially one with virtually zero negative impacts) is odd to me. I would choose a 30 cent led light over a $350 watch any day :P
    I use the platform and I would prefer the watch over a feature that adds no value to me.

I escaped BlackBerry. I don't want to have its features polluting my iPhone.

Coachbulldog likes this.
    04-12-2015 03:34 PM
    I use the platform and I would prefer the watch over a feature that adds no value to me.

I escaped BlackBerry. I don't want to have its features polluting my iPhone.

Personally a led light that could be turned off and would be pretty much invisible when off is polluting my phone less than an apple watch app that I will never use because I would never ever buy an apple watch. Either way neither would be deal breakers for me. But I think a lot of people would benefit from the light.
    anon(73368) and gg22 like this.
    04-12-2015 04:24 PM
    Personally a led light that could be turned off and would be pretty much invisible when off is polluting my phone less than an apple watch app that I will never use because I would never ever buy an apple watch. Either way neither would be deal breakers for me. But I think a lot of people would benefit from the light.
    You don't have to watch the phone. And I don't want a carryover from a platform that I've gone past polluting my current platform. Why would I? I left Blackberry because it became meaningless to me. Why would I want my iPhone polluted with BlackBerry features? If the LED were important to me I would not have an iPhone.

Why do you want to impose that which you value onto me and deny me the right to exercise my will as a consumer in choosing a phone that has what I want? I don't want a BlackBerry or a BlackBerry-like device as my daily driver. If I did, my iPhone would not be my daily driver and my chosen platform. Why gives you the right to dictate what I should have when I've said I don't want it and when I have the option of having it elsewhere if it were if value to me?

Want an LED light? Get a BlackBerry or a Samsung. Leave my iPhone alone.

kch50428 likes this.
    04-12-2015 04:31 PM
    You don't have to watch the phone. And I don't want a carryover from a platform that I've gone past polluting my current platform. Why would I? I left Blackberry because it became meaningless to me. Why would I want my iPhone polluted with BlackBerry features? If the LED were important to me I would not have an iPhone.

Why do you want to impose that which you value onto me and deny me the right to exercise my will as a consumer in choosing a phone that has what I want? I don't want a BlackBerry or a BlackBerry-like device as my daily driver. If I did, my iPhone would not be my daily driver and my chosen platform. Why gives you the right to dictate what I should have when I've said I don't want it and when I have the option of having it elsewhere if it were if value to me?

Want an LED light? Get a BlackBerry or a Samsung. Leave my iPhone alone.

I'm sorry. Point to where I was imposing or even suggesting you had to like the idea. I do like the idea. Don't like that, tough cookies. The iPhone would benefit from it. I don't care where it came from it is a useful feature. I disagree with you. You disagree with me, that's cool. I am all for the iPhone advancing. The watch to me is a step back because it over complicates my life not make it easier. The led would simplify things in my opinion. I remember reading these forums and people saying 3rd party keyboards were not necessary on an iPhone and 4 in. is the perfect size screen. Well guess what they 3rd party keyboards are available now and have been adopted by many iphone users and the screens are growing. The 3rd party keyboards were the biggest reason I switched from Android. But an led would be icing on the cake.
    gg22 likes this.
    04-12-2015 04:47 PM
    I don't want a blinking light on my phone. That would annoy me. I had one on my dumb LG Chocolate 3, and I kept looking at it. It drove me bonkers. Don't they have lightning cables with blinking lights?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-12-2015 05:55 PM
    A blinky light is NOT improvemet or advancement...it's a huge back-slide to make the iPhone more like other phones when it needs to be DIFFERENT from all those other phones...
    taz323 likes this.
    04-12-2015 06:02 PM
    A blinky light is NOT improvemet or advancement...it's a huge back-slide to make the iPhone more like other phones when it needs to be DIFFERENT from all those other phones...
    I disagree. This is fun.
    04-12-2015 07:02 PM
    That's funny. Because all the recent changes to the iPhone have made it more like all those phones.
    gg22 likes this.
    04-12-2015 07:13 PM
    I disagree. This is fun.
    That, sir, is a very telling statement.
    qbnkelt and Coachbulldog like this.
    04-12-2015 07:15 PM
    No different than anyone trying to convince me that the way I feel about a silly led is wrong. I just admit I like the back and forth.
    04-12-2015 07:28 PM
    I'm sorry. Point to where I was imposing or even suggesting you had to like the idea. I do like the idea. Don't like that, tough cookies. The iPhone would benefit from it. I don't care where it came from it is a useful feature. I disagree with you. You disagree with me, that's cool. I am all for the iPhone advancing. The watch to me is a step back because it over complicates my life not make it easier. The led would simplify things in my opinion. I remember reading these forums and people saying 3rd party keyboards were not necessary on an iPhone and 4 in. is the perfect size screen. Well guess what they 3rd party keyboards are available now and have been adopted by many iphone users and the screens are growing. The 3rd party keyboards were the biggest reason I switched from Android. But an led would be icing on the cake.
    You ARE imposing when you're demanding something that the majority iPhone users on this thread have said they don't want.

I'm for the iPhone being an iPhone and not trying to be sone troglodyte tech.

Get a BlackBerry.

I'm getting an Apple Watch to go with my iPhone. You don't need to get one. Cool. I don't care.

Choices are like that.

kch50428 likes this.
    04-13-2015 03:13 AM
    That's funny. Because all the recent changes to the iPhone have made it more like all those phones.
    God save me the day my iPhone becomes like a BkackBerry. Don't want to start pooching android apps or hunting down leaks.

04-13-2015 03:16 AM
    God save me the day my iPhone becomes like a BkackBerry. Don't want to start pooching android apps or hunting down leaks.

Listen I am not trying to convince you or anyone else. I am just trying to express my opinion that I want one. I don't agree that a notification light is going make an iphone into a blackberry that is silly. And Android apps on a iphone you are not following what I am saying at all. I want one and I am not the only one see here:
    http://m.imore.com/what-would-you-ch...-iphone-6-plus

Rene is a very very level headed and realist when talking about apple products and a notification light is on his wishlist. My point is apple could do something different with the light. It doesn't have to be a stagnant little blinky light in the corner of the screen like all other phones. What if it was different and beautifully designed. Like built into the ring around the home button. How cool would that look!
    04-13-2015 07:21 AM
    I would not find it cool at all. I've had enough years of Pavlovuan response to a blinking red light. I don't want it on my iPhone. It's too BlackBerry.
    If Tim Cook would say to me wouldn't you like a red blinking light I would say OH GOD PLEASE NO. If Steve asked me whether I thought it would be a good idea I would say PLEASE DONT POLLUTE MY IPHONE. If Rene came on the thread I would say GAWD NO MAN I DON'T WANT MY IPHONE POLLUTED.

SO.......my answer is the same. I hate the Pavlovian response to the stupid thing.

Which is one of the many many many many reasons I don't use a daily driver phone with a red blinking light.

kch50428 and iDrizzy01 like this.
    04-13-2015 07:31 AM
    I would not find it cool at all. I've had enough years of Pavlovuan response to a blinking red light. I don't want it on my iPhone. It's too BlackBerry.
    If Tim Cook would say to me wouldn't you like a red blinking light I would say OH GOD PLEASE NO. If Steve asked me whether I thought it would be a good idea I would say PLEASE DONT POLLUTE MY IPHONE. If Rene came on the thread I would say GAWD NO MAN I DON'T WANT MY IPHONE POLLUTED.

SO.......my answer is the same. I hate the Pavlovian response to the stupid thing.

Which is one of the many many many many reasons I don't use a daily driver phone with a red blinking light.

I respect your opinion. And I like how passionate you are about your iPhone "not being polluted". While I disagree and I hope you are wrong about it being a future feature. I get it. You like it the way it is. But there is a reason the 6 and 6+ have been a huge step foward for apple because change can be good. Anyways the good thing about a little blinky light is it can be turned off (can it be on a blackberry? I don't know but I assume).
    I wish my apple watch app could be "turned off" (/s)
    04-13-2015 07:58 AM
    Change can be good and change can be bad.
    The New Coke comes to mind.

04-13-2015 08:00 AM
    Haha totally. Well to me 4.7+ screens and 3rd party keyboards come to mind. Oh and even the Apple Watch. I hate it and never would buy one BUT I am glad it exists because it is pushing the envelope and showing Apples intentions of not staying stagnant and not slowing down.
    04-13-2015 08:13 AM
185 12345 ...