I for one would love for Apple to incorporate a LED on the next generation iPhone. Coming from the Blackberry world, I found that when I am in a meeting and have the ringer on my device turned off, having an LED blinking to indicate I have a message would be nice?

I really don't think Apple with ever have one on there devices, I would be this first one to embrace it, if it ever does materialize.
    Not sure how well it works but there is an app, that that uses the camera flash as an notifier. So if your phone was on silent and you laid it on its front, if you got a notification, the flash for the camera has a subtle blinking notifier.
    04-06-2015 11:33 AM
    Not sure how well it works but there is an app, that that uses the camera flash as an notifier. So if your phone was on silent and you laid it on its front, if you got a notification, the flash for the camera has a subtle blinking notifier.
    No app needed...it's a built in feature on iOS...under accessibility in Settings.
    04-06-2015 11:39 AM
    No app needed...it's a built in feature on iOS...under accessibility in Settings.
    Yup, I concur. But that's the most basic it gets. If someone is looking for the BBRY experience (which I agree, go BBRY as I also have Q10, Z30, Classic, and Passort) there are apps in the App Store that allow different notifiers for different things like individual callers, texts, emails, etc. That's all I meant, but I don't like it on my iPhone but love it on my BBRY's?Blinking LED-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1428335269.929977.jpg
    04-06-2015 11:47 AM
    I was never much of a fan of the red notification light blinking when I had a blackberry. I would leave my phone face down because it was distracting to me while in meetings 😡
    04-08-2015 06:12 PM
    It's sure got a Pavlovian effect!!!!!

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    04-10-2015 05:05 AM
    I think the point here is, Why should you have to choose. Improvements are improvements and its easy to see that some will buy whatever Apple sells. Buy a 300.00+ watch so you can get a phone notification without looking at the phone. The camera flash and the LED indicator are worlds apart in intensity. Notifications on a lock screen are cute but they don't stay lit and anyone can read whats on the lock screen. No doubt that the iPhone is a great phone but, It's not perfect and what I hear from fanboys is workarounds and excuses. There are some things that will make this a better phone. Just because Apple doesn't incorporate them does not mean they are not relevant. No file system, No LED and attachments for email is dismal at best.
    tanson1011 and gg22 like this.
    04-10-2015 11:32 AM
    I think the point here is, Why should you have to choose. Improvements are improvements and its easy to see that some will buy whatever Apple sells. Buy a 300.00+ watch so you can get a phone notification without looking at the phone. The camera flash and the LED indicator are worlds apart in intensity. Notifications on a lock screen are cute but they don't stay lit and anyone can read whats on the lock screen. No doubt that the iPhone is a great phone but, It's not perfect and what I hear from fanboys is workarounds and excuses. There are some things that will make this a better phone. Just because Apple doesn't incorporate them does not mean they are not relevant. No file system, No LED and attachments for email is dismal at best.
    In your use case for your preferences.

In my use case for my preferences I find no need for an LED. I find no need for a file system. And if I need to attach documents, I easily use an app. But ever since I started using iPhones back in 2009, the only thing I send are photos and videos.

If I had a need for anything else there would be Box or Dropbox. The fact that I'm living quite happily and peacefully without BlackBerry features on my iPhone is proof positive that, for me, those features were irrelevant for my use case.

I find being able to organise my music and to share through devices and family much more of a needed/wanted feature than a blinking red light.

mikeo007 and Just_Me_D like this.
    04-10-2015 11:40 AM
    There are some things that will make this a better phone. Just because Apple doesn't incorporate them does not mean they are not relevant. No file system, No LED and attachments for email is dismal at best.
    Then don't get an iPhone. Get something that has those things and enjoy the heck out of it... but don't come here, having bought an iPhone knowing those things are not in the iPhone, and kvetch about the iPhone not having them...
    Just_Me_D and robbrick like this.
    04-10-2015 11:40 AM
    Then don't get an iPhone. Get something that has those things and enjoy the heck out of it... but don't come here, having bought an iPhone knowing those things are not in the iPhone, and kvetch about the iPhone not having them...
    It's an opinion, It's my opinion! Are you suggesting that I don't have a right to my opinion but you have a right to yours or are you just saying that my opinion doesn't count? If you don't like my opinion then don't read what I post or ban me. I have been outspoken on a few things I just don't like about the phone. I did the same with the BB. Almost everything could benefit from upgrades and improvements. The iPhone is not perfect but, I have not found the perfect phone and until I do I will post the things that I feel would be an improvement unless you are telling me that I cant.
    rav813 and gg22 like this.
    04-10-2015 11:53 AM
    Almost everything could benefit from upgrades and improvements.
    A blinky light on an iPhone is neither an upgrade or an improvement... It's an opinion, It's my opinion! Are you suggesting that I don't have a right to my opinion but you have a right to yours or are you just saying that my opinion doesn't count? If you don't like my opinion then don't read what I post...
    mikeo007 likes this.
    04-10-2015 12:00 PM
    WTF! Really? I didn't tell you not to come here.
    04-10-2015 12:10 PM
    WTF! Really? I didn't tell you not to come here.
    Actually he used the same words you used.

The thread asked a question....would iPhone users like a blinking notification light. Most of the responses given are from iPhone users happy with their devices who don't feel that it adds value to them. Otherwise they would have agreed.

You posted your opinion on the matter and others countered your opinion.

Nowhere in the thread did anyone impose their thinking on anyone else. And everyone can offer a rebuttal.

This is what a forum is. It is not a place where only a certain opinion is approved.

There are places like that. iMore is not that place.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-10-2015 01:04 PM
    Actually he used the same words you used.

The thread asked a question....would iPhone users like a blinking notification light. Most of the responses given are from iPhone users happy with their devices who don't feel that it adds value to them. Otherwise they would have agreed.

You posted your opinion on the matter and others countered your opinion.

Nowhere in the thread did anyone impose their thinking on anyone else. And everyone can offer a rebuttal.

This is what a forum is. It is not a place where only a certain opinion is approved.

There are places like that. iMore is not that place.

I didn't say to not come here and " having bought an iPhone knowing those things are not in the iPhone, and kvetch about the iPhone not having them..." Basically, Keep my opinion to myself! from your post "This is what a forum is. It is not a place where only a certain opinion is approved"

Unless its mine! I was pretty much told to shut up because i would like to see certain things incorporated into this platform. I was told by a Mod to shut up!!!! Perhaps some training is in order!
    04-10-2015 01:24 PM
    I didn't say to not come here and " having bought an iPhone knowing those things are not in the iPhone, and kvetch about the iPhone not having them..." Basically, Keep my opinion to myself! from your post "This is what a forum is. It is not a place where only a certain opinion is approved"

Unless its mine! I was pretty much told to shut up because i would like to see certain things incorporated into this platform. I was told by a Mod to shut up!!!! Perhaps some training is in order!
    But see....the irony is that you are still offering your opinion. You haven't been banned. Therefore you haven't been silenced at all. All that's happened is that people have expressed an alternate view from yours. And that's perfectly fine.

What K said was that you can in fact offer your opinion. We all can. So can he. He's rebutting yours. That's perfectly reasonable in a forum.
    04-10-2015 01:31 PM
    The problem with these threads is that they usually devolve into angry pee-ing contests.

The bottom line is that there is NO dedicated LED for notifications on the iPhone. If that's a deal breaker, buy something that has the feature. Otherwise, you have to live within the parameters of what the device offers.

And to be clear, stomping your tiny little feet and saying that Apple should/must/ought to add any feature IS your opinion and it's your prerogative to state your opinion.

It's really not that hard to figure out. There is no LED on the iPhone. Make your next phone purchase accordingly.
    04-10-2015 01:32 PM
    Oh good grief...

You like certain features on a phone, ones the iPhone doesn't have... you buy an iPhone anyway, without those features... and then complain about the iPhone not having those features... ridiculousness^infinity.

smh...
    04-10-2015 01:33 PM
    In all fairness I was warned about those who own Apple products and how, If you speak negatively even a lilbit, You are berated buy the fanboys. Good to see that was true.
    I did not know that email with a simple attachment had to be done in such a cumbersome fashion. when I say cumbersome, I mean a way other than how I would add an attachment to an email on other devices or my laptop or desktop.
    I knew about the LED, It just made things easier, like an attachment to an email
    I was also told how simple it is to bait the diehards.
    Done!!
    04-10-2015 01:45 PM
    In all fairness I was warned about those who own Apple products and how, If you speak negatively even a lilbit, You are berated buy the fanboys. Good to see that was true.
    I did not know that email with a simple attachment had to be done in such a cumbersome fashion. when I say cumbersome, I mean a way other than how I would add an attachment to an email on other devices or my laptop or desktop.
    I knew about the LED, It just made things easier, like an attachment to an email
    Done!!
    If you think THIS forum berates users, I suggest you visit other sites to get an idea of what berating actually is.

And you were told how simple it was to bait the diehards? Was there a specific intent to your post?
    04-10-2015 01:51 PM
    Done!!
    Yep, that's pretty much how it goes.

1. New guy comes along complaining about a "feature" that he wants not being on an Apple device, despite the well-known fact that that "feature" was never on the Apple device.
    2. Forum members point out the fallacy of the "need" for said "feature". They clearly point out that said "feature" was never on the Apple device. Most of those holding the opposing viewpoint are extremely courteous.
    3. New guy continues to plead his case.
    4. Forum members continue to voice their opposition.
    5. New guy plays "victim" card by saying that he had been warned that he would be attacked.
    6. Fact: new guy was NEVER attacked, but rather, was unable to understand an alternative point of view.
    7. New guy stomps his tiny little feet and says that he's "done" here.

NOTE: The thread you opened is about the LED on an iPhone. If you want to discuss the email attachments, open a new thread. Many will agree with you.
    Just_Me_D, kch50428 and mikeo007 like this.
    04-10-2015 01:51 PM
    Done!!
    And there you have it - true intentions revealed. You're awesome.
    04-10-2015 01:55 PM
    LMAO. KCH, you wouldn't know my intentions if I smacked you in the head with a legal pad that had them listed on every page. It does seem that only things that are added by Apple are the ones embraced as true achievements and not ideas brought up by people who use the phone. I never said it was bad I simply said it could use a few improvements. Everything can use some improvements. BTW I did start a thread about the email!!!
    04-10-2015 09:23 PM
    BTW I did start a thread about the email!!!
    i can do everything I've ever needed to do with email on an iOS device... Including attached files. Apps have 'share sheets' that facilitate sending files created in the apps by email... And within the email compose window, one can easily attach pictures or video files from the device's stored photos... All with the stock Apple mail app...
    04-10-2015 09:40 PM
    Now would be a good time to put on some big boy pants and just agree to disagree.
    04-10-2015 09:43 PM
    In your use case for your preferences.

In my use case for my preferences I find no need for an LED. I find no need for a file system. And if I need to attach documents, I easily use an app. But ever since I started using iPhones back in 2009, the only thing I send are photos and videos.

If I had a need for anything else there would be Box or Dropbox. The fact that I'm living quite happily and peacefully without BlackBerry features on my iPhone is proof positive that, for me, those features were irrelevant for my use case.

I find being able to organise my music and to share through devices and family much more of a needed/wanted feature than a blinking red light.

I have no issues attaching files. For me everything is in one drive. Everything is synced with my phone my laptop and my desktop. To me it's easy as heck to email an attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-10-2015 09:54 PM
    I have no issues attaching files. For me everything is in one drive. Everything is synced with my phone my laptop and my desktop. To me it's easy as heck to email an attachment.
    Come on now... You're spoiling the meme that iPhones are utterly worthless when it comes to email...
    iwoodland likes this.
    04-10-2015 09:58 PM
185 1234 ...