Blinking LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I for one would love for Apple to incorporate a LED on the next generation iPhone. Coming from the Blackberry world, I found that when I am in a meeting and have the ringer on my device turned off, having an LED blinking to indicate I have a message would be nice?

I really don't think Apple with ever have one on there devices, I would be this first one to embrace it, if it ever does materialize.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
...coming from the Blackberry world....

If a bleeping blinking notification light is essential to your existence, you should have stayed in the Blackberry world...

I for one hope Apple NEVER incorporates a blinky light... I detested it when I had Blackberries...

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I for one would love for Apple to incorporate a LED on the next generation iPhone. Coming from the Blackberry world, I found that when I am in a meeting and have the ringer on my device turned off, having an LED blinking to indicate I have a message would be nice?

I really don't think Apple with ever have one on there devices, I would be this first one to embrace it, if it ever does materialize.

That would be a nice feature but I highly doubt they would. I missed it at first coming from my Note 4, but after a week I grew accustomed to not having it. I usually just click the home button to see if I have any notifications since I keep my phone on do not disturb anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can set notifications to show on the lock screen. A blinking light would be annoying to me.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd like that as an option, with ability to turn the LED feature off/on depending upon location awareness (work, home, travel, errands...). Set to On at work, Off at home; or various combinations depending upon individual needs/priorities.

The LED system in my view is more discrete and offers more privacy than the Lock Screen option.

Just a guess: the Apple Watch will likely become the new turbo charged LED/notification feature, and combined with the current Lock Screen option; an LED feature on the iPhone will probably not happen.

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I've only been using an iPhone for three years, but I miss an LED indicator still. It's nice to leave the phone on the counter/wherever and be able to tell from across the room if you've received a text or whatever. It's even better when you can assign a different color to different types of notifications.

Sure beats having to check your phone every so often just to find there's nothing there, or something is there that you wish you'd been aware of earlier.

I might be in the minority but I think I use my phone too much, and I try to not keep it in my hand or in my pocket when at home with the family.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Just buy an Apple watch and get all your notifications on your wrist. #problemSolved

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
LED notifications = battery hog.
My 6 plus has been off the charger for almost 18 hours.
I wouldn't want a LED taking a chunk out of that.

iDrizzy01

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I've been using 'LED notification' light feature on my iPhone.I prefer the camera flashlight to sound or vibration.I hope it doesn't cripple my battery life? Thanks!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been using 'LED notification' light feature on my iPhone.I prefer the camera flashlight to sound or vibration.I hope it doesn't cripple my battery life? Thanks!

Depends on how many flash notifications you get a day. A few won't hurt. But constant flashing will. The flash uses a lot of battery.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
...coming from the Blackberry world....

If a bleeping blinking notification light is essential to your existence, you should have stayed in the Blackberry world...

I for one hope Apple NEVER incorporates a blinky light... I detested it when I had Blackberries...

Read the first post and immediately wondered where you'd be in this thread. Second post. Good effort, that man! :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually missed the LED very briefly when I left BlackBerry. When I weighed what I'd gained (reliability, support, native apps, user experience) I realised that I'd lost nearly nothing in losing the LED.
If I had to choose between the LED on the BlackBerry and the dependability of iOS, it's really a no brainer.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I believe the LED actually makes a phone less elegant and cheap-looking. My sister has a Galaxy S4 and when I see those annoying LEDs blinking, makes me I glad I have an iPhone. I've never missed LEDs from my old Blckberry or Treo. Glad Apple didn't put one in and hope they never do.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the OP. Would reduce the number of times I press the home button to check notifications.
And to all the nay-sayers, there is an option of turning off the LED notifications, just to make your phone look elegant or not so BB'ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner