Do you use folders?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious if most users here use folders to organize their apps. Personally, I find that I lose track of what I have and don't have when I use folders, because I can see the icon easily if it's on the home screen. However, I think I'm gonna have to use folders because I have too many icons on my screen to tell where anything is.

What about you? Folders or no folders? How do you have your home screen organized?

leannelizabeth1

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't use them. I've never liked them. I understand that others do and that's good. If they work for you, great. If not, great. My phone screens look the way I want them to, and that's what matters to me. Everyone should arrange their screens in ways which make sense to them. 😃

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious if most users here use folders to organize their apps. Personally, I find that I lose track of what I have and don't have when I use folders, because I can see the icon easily if it's on the home screen. However, I think I'm gonna have to use folders because I have too many icons on my screen to tell where anything is.

What about you? Folders or no folders? How do you have your home screen organized?

I do. A hell of a lot too
b924965ab67ceb2655750b6dd3030755.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I put the apps that I use the most on my first screen with no folders. After that everything else is grouped into folders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Of course ! you start off with all the unwanted Apple undeleteable stuff and push it to an unused page. Then you put all the little used and similar stuff in folders.So, now you don't have to scroll through too many pages to see all the apps you have.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I only have 2 pages on my home screen...the untouched out of the box first page with calendar maps etc and a page with my downloaded apps. I keep the social apps in a "social" folder ONLY to ensure that I only have 1 page outside of the untouched stock first page.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I put the apps that I use the most on my first screen with no folders. After that everything else is grouped into folders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What he said. My go to apps are loose on the first screen and all others are gathered into folders.

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

Once I got into the habit of using spotlight to find and open apps, I've stopped caring about remembering where they all are, folder or not

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep. Or just use Siri to open them.

But I can't remember all the app names. And Siri and I had a falling out a while back. I have to admit she's better behaved since I restored my phone as new. I'll give her one more chance. :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I put less frequently used apps in folders and my go-to everyday apps I leave on the screen. Makes more sense to me since I like to just hit on the app button rather than search for it.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I use folders.

I have the main home page and a 2nd page with my other apps. My 1st page consists of apps and folders of apps I use the most. My second page is strictly folders, 2 rows to be exact, of folders. All of my apps in the folders are in alphabetical order and then the folders are lined up in alphabetical order as well. My main page is also all alphabetical order.

Not too ocd 👌;)

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't particularly like how folders look. So, I have one folder which I call "Launchpad" a la OS X, in which I put all apps not on my one and only main screen. Most apps that are not on my home screen, I launch with Spotlight. Spotlight is a habit I have on my iOS devices and MacBook.

IMG_0282.png

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I can't function without the folders. I only use one screen on my iphone and ipad. It maximizes my app space too.

Excuse my thumbs as they tap away on my "6" #SwipeLife

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have two folders. One for my games and one for the extra Apple stuff that I rarely use or do not use.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
No, I don't. Moreover, I don't have bunch of apps on my iPhone..just three pages including the stock one and still there's space to accommodate two more apps!

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I use folders to keep track of my apps and minimise the number of screens I have. I'm able to fit everything on 2 pages by using folders. Otherwise it would just be rows and rows of apps and I'd loose track of what I've got.

With folders I can compartmentalise my apps.

When I used android devices I'd set up my home screens with my most used apps and various widgets but there were lots of apps in my app draw that I'd just forget were on my phone.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Always use folders to manage all apps installed

Btw ..... mind if I'm asking, does anyone here feel that ios need an explorer to find our saved file on our iphone ? (just like another os have)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh