What are the advantages of having an iphone with a macbook?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am think whether to get an iphone 6 or a Samsung S6. I just wanted to know the advantages of having a macbook with an iphone.

Handoff and continuity. With my rMBP, I can text anyone (SMS and iMessage) and call (FaceTime audio and Continuity) via my iPhone. You cannot do that with an iPhone and a Windows machine or any computer and a Samsung (or other non-iPhone) phone.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Handoff and continuity. With my rMBP, I can text anyone (SMS and iMessage) and call (FaceTime audio and Continuity) via my iPhone. You cannot do that with an iPhone and a Windows machine or any computer and a Samsung (or other non-iPhone) phone.

The closest thing Samsung has is with its tablets. If you have a Samsung tablet and phone you can get your phone screen onto your tablet and do whatever you can do on your phone on the simulated screen on the tablet.

I will always be a windows pc user but I have always preferred iPad over android tablets. I been using android phones for years and probably would still but with continuity I decided to get an iPhone 6 plus and while my preference might be Android for phones I love he iPhone 6 plus and that I could switch between my iOS devices and take phone calls on my iPad. iMessage for me is a just an added perk since most of my friends do own an iPhone but not a selling point for me personally

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

I'm pretty sure Blend for BlackBerries (runs on PCS and Macs) and Air Droid for Androids allows similar things.

That being said, I too enjoy Handoff and Continuity. I use Notes quite a bit too, doing minor editing with my iPhone and more intense stuff on the Mac.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The seamless flow between Mac and iPhone is the best in my opinion. The thing that ultimately connects everything beside say wifi or Bluetooth is a Apple ID and iCloud.
Whenever you get a new Apple device that's the key to unlock everything. If you have a iPhone and get a new Mac just put in your AID and your ready to go basically.
Any apps that are OS X and iOS that sync with iCloud populate all your info into the Mac.
And now that you can make and receive calls on the Mac in conjunction with the iPhone is a joy to use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Being able to iMessage and text from my MBP is one of the features I use the most...constantly responding with my computer vs. typing on my iPhone itself. I rarely use the phone feature but it's nice to have if I DO want to use it...

The second most used feature between the two devices for me is handoff...I use Pages for A LOT of work that I do, and several of the people I work with also use it, which makes it very easy to help them do on the fly editing on documents that I would have to edit myself and re-send otherwise. Saves A LOT of time and makes work flow that much more efficient.

Lastly, having my iPhone's hotspot readily available is nice...not having to search for it or change settings for it to pick up if a wifi network I'm in fails is awesome and prevents loss of communication for emails and stuff.

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
The best thing you can do is look like a rich badass, when you break out all your Apple kit! Woman love it! It's like an aphrodisiac! Something to do with the Apple logo!

Ps. EVE would have a hell of time in my garden! Poor gal was born too soon!

Sent from my  6+

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
The seamless integration between Apple devices. It's a pain in the rear trying to work between two different systems.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The best thing you can do is look like a rich badass, when you break out all your Apple kit! Woman love it! It's like an aphrodisiac! Something to do with the Apple logo!

Sent from my  6+

Seriously one of the most idiotic things I've read on this website in a long time.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

Sent from my  6+

I owned two Dell laptops prior to getting my Macbook Pro last November and they both cost more than my Macbook did.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The seamless integration is the best thing about having a MacBook and an iPhone for me. Everything just syncs over automatically and I can respond to my messages and make and receive phone calls on my MacBook Air. Sharing files between my devices (iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air) is easy using either air drop or iCloud Drive. You can also use apps like duet display or air display to use your iPad as a second display for your Mac. I can also use the fingerprint scanner on my iPhone or iPad to unlock my MacBook Air.

My last computer was a dell laptop. When it started having problems I thought I'd try a MacBook this time for ease of use, reported reliability and great after sales service (Apple). The fact that it integrates so well with my iPhone, iPad and Apple TV is a bonus.

I've owned windows laptops and used in conjunction with: samsung phones and tablets or iPhones and iPads. Either combination did not work as well as my MacBook/iPhone/iPad set up. I've tried SideSync (samsung phone and tablet) but did not find it useful.

Mannie Ku

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Reset the Bluetooth and start all over again. It was pretty easy to set up for me being a beginner as well. Make sure your Bluetooth on your iPhone is discoverable

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods