What do you guys think? Do you think next gen iPhone worth the wait or should I just get an iPhone 6 Plus instead?
    03-20-2015 03:34 AM
    New iPhones are probably six months away. Depends on if you need a phone now or if you are willing to wait six months.
    AlexJ92 likes this.
    03-20-2015 08:35 AM
    Will you ask the same question after the next iPhone arrives? If you have the money to buy the device outright then go ahead and get the iPhone 6 Plus now. You can always sell it and get the next iPhone when it is released. Having said that, I still recommend getting the iPhone 6 Plus now. If you keep waiting for the next best thing, you'll never make a purchase.
    03-20-2015 10:45 AM
    I will 'D. My Verizon upgrade is in August. I'll wait til September. I could have upgraded in February, but it was on someone else's line. And they needed to upgrade due to a faulty DNA Android phone. So I wait. And it's my hope there's new hardware such as more RAM. At least maybe for the Plus. I really don't think the 6 needs more. Not now. Maybe next year though. But the Plus needs more RAM back in September. Anyways, something new with hardware.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    03-20-2015 11:15 AM
    I say it depends also. If you need a new phone right now or want the latest that Apple offers. The rumors are more ram and force touch and other things I can't think of right now. Probably a camera update of some kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-20-2015 11:42 AM
    I'm debating the same thing now. My 5s is still super fast and does everything well. I just really need better battery life so the upgrade is tempting.
    03-21-2015 09:39 AM
    I am on iPhone 5 and I am waiting for September so that I can buy iPhone 6s + with 2GB RAM(hopefully). That being said, I would recommend you to wait for some time(if you can) else, pick up one now. You won't regret.

Good luck!
    AlexJ92 likes this.
    03-21-2015 10:17 AM
    2GB RAM is a must for the new iphone (6S)
    03-22-2015 06:37 AM
    Omg I just heard the iPhone 7 + is going to have 4tb of ram! I'm def going to get one!

Sent from my  6+
    03-22-2015 02:54 PM
    Idk bout u guys... But I had a 6 plus in GOLD I LOVE IT BUT I AM STILL THINKING BOUT GETTING THE NEXT GEN AS LONG AS ITS A PLUS .. Cause I'm not goin backt a reg iPhone AGAIN
    03-24-2015 01:41 AM
    Get the iPhone 6 Plus now or wait for the next gen?-imoreappimg_20150324_014411.jpgIPHONE 6 plus in GOLD BABY
    03-24-2015 01:44 AM
    What do you guys think? Do you think next gen iPhone worth the wait or should I just get an iPhone 6 Plus instead?
    I would say get the 6+ now. If Apple holds true, this September will be a "s" release so that means no major design changes only spec changes. The current generation already has very good specs and a great camera so you probably can upgrade now then wait until 2016 for the 7.

Just my 0.02
    ~S
    Closingracer likes this.
    03-24-2015 08:55 AM
    It's not a "must" imo. While it's nice to have on the iPad Air 2 if you have the Air 1 it doesn't make it terribly better that it's worth waiting for imo . If you like the 6 plus I say go for it. With all these options to upgrade annually like T-Mobile Jump! , sprint 12 month lease or easy pay and the optional $10 a month free to upgrade annually , or AT&T 12 month AT&T next. These aren't insanely cheap options but you'll save some doing this over buying in full and then selling the device and saves the hassle. The iPhone 6 plus is $949 dollars for the 128GB model and if you lease it for 12 months the total cost of the phone is $540 dollars for 12 months of leasing plus whatever tax there is on the leasing.

I also rather not be the first to buy the phones and Im done doing that. I got the iPhone 4 near launch and pre ordered on the first day I could in June and the speaker died a day after I got it. Pre ordered the Note 4 and the display sometimes wouldn't accept a touch input at all. Launch iphones had that memory issue with them using cheaper memory in the higher capacity models but since I bought the phone in March I assume the issue is fixed by now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-24-2015 11:23 AM
    Not so much for the 6s. The 6s Plus really needs a bit more. Even 1 gb RAM might be sufficient for the Plus.

03-25-2015 10:30 AM
    Not so much for the 6s. The 6s Plus really needs a bit more. Even 1 gb RAM might be sufficient for the Plus.

Eh ios is still very snappy and the only advantage I see is tabs in safari and that is something I would like but not a necessity.

03-25-2015 10:38 AM
    Why put off till later the joy that an iPhone 6 plus can bring you today!!
    Closingracer likes this.
    03-25-2015 10:29 PM
    Why put off till later the joy that an iPhone 6 plus can bring you today!!
    Because there will likely be new hardware of some type. Better camera, more RAM...who knows? It's just 6 more months.

03-26-2015 08:38 AM
    I'm holding out for the 6S+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-26-2015 09:21 AM
    Because there will likely be new hardware of some type. Better camera, more RAM...who knows? It's just 6 more months.

That's always true ....but I rather get a new one now. Few reasons why I prefer getting a new phone specially iPhones later then release. I don't have to deal with the crazy pre orders , I don't have to deal with bad phones like how the higher capacity iPhones had used inferior memory and you get later built units. Unless your buying full price every year I feel I rather avoid with the crazy pre order frenzy imo

Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-26-2015 10:17 AM
    That's always true ....but I rather get a new one now. Few reasons why I prefer getting a new phone specially iPhones later then release. I don't have to deal with the crazy pre orders , I don't have to deal with bad phones like how the higher capacity iPhones had used inferior memory and you get later built units. Unless your buying full price every year I feel I rather avoid with the crazy pre order frenzy imo

I've never experienced a new phone at release date, and hadn't considered that. But I've never had the "s" model. My upgrade is in August. One more month won't hurt. I don't think the mad rush will be as bad this time as it was last September.

03-26-2015 05:45 PM
    I've never experienced a new phone at release date, and hadn't considered that. But I've never had the "s" model. My upgrade is in August. One more month won't hurt. I don't think the mad rush will be as bad this time as it was last September.

I have with the iPhone 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The iPhone 4 I pre ordered online at Apple.com and it's speaker died a day after I got it. The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for T-Mobile the screen just wouldn't accept any input with any finger but would with the S-pen at pretty random times for a few minutes. These were both both pre ordered. I got a cellular iPad Air 2 at launch and the wifi at times doesn't work even though I have a connection and requires me to turn it off and on. Debating if I should go to the app,e store and hopefully get a good refurb unit back

I rather just wait for the hype to die down as well and see if there is any bugs , faulty parts or etc and whatever else that could be an issue and see if there is an issue or not. This way I don't have to deal with returning and etc

03-26-2015 05:50 PM
    Hold off and pay for ram.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    04-02-2015 05:55 PM
    Hold off and pay for ram.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Ram isn't worth waiting 6 months for imo ....if you have the opportunity to get a 6 I say go for it . While it's nice to have 2GB of RAM it's not a necessity for iOS yet

04-03-2015 08:57 AM
    Ram isn't worth waiting 6 months for imo ....if you have the opportunity to get a 6 I say go for it . While it's nice to have 2GB of RAM it's not a necessity for iOS yet

Probably a faster processor and better camera as well. Thing is, we don't know yet. My upgrade is in August. So I'll wait 1 month.

04-03-2015 09:16 AM
    If you don't especially need it right now you can wait for the new model with the upgraded specs. Also, the 6 and 6 plus will be cheaper when the new ones come out (if you decide to go with those models). Either way you win out by waiting a few months.
    04-03-2015 10:03 AM
43 12