Get the iPhone 6 Plus now or wait for the next gen?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Will you ask the same question after the next iPhone arrives? If you have the money to buy the device outright then go ahead and get the iPhone 6 Plus now. You can always sell it and get the next iPhone when it is released. Having said that, I still recommend getting the iPhone 6 Plus now. If you keep waiting for the next best thing, you'll never make a purchase.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I will 'D. My Verizon upgrade is in August. I'll wait til September. I could have upgraded in February, but it was on someone else's line. And they needed to upgrade due to a faulty DNA Android phone. So I wait. And it's my hope there's new hardware such as more RAM. At least maybe for the Plus. I really don't think the 6 needs more. Not now. Maybe next year though. But the Plus needs more RAM back in September. Anyways, something new with hardware.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I say it depends also. If you need a new phone right now or want the latest that Apple offers. The rumors are more ram and force touch and other things I can't think of right now. Probably a camera update of some kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(785719)

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm debating the same thing now. My 5s is still super fast and does everything well. I just really need better battery life so the upgrade is tempting.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I am on iPhone 5 and I am waiting for September so that I can buy iPhone 6s + with 2GB RAM(hopefully). That being said, I would recommend you to wait for some time(if you can) else, pick up one now. You won't regret.

Good luck!

will cotto

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Idk bout u guys... But I had a 6 plus in GOLD I LOVE IT BUT I AM STILL THINKING BOUT GETTING THE NEXT GEN AS LONG AS ITS A PLUS .. Cause I'm not goin backt a reg iPhone AGAIN

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
What do you guys think? Do you think next gen iPhone worth the wait or should I just get an iPhone 6 Plus instead?

I would say get the 6+ now. If Apple holds true, this September will be a "s" release so that means no major design changes only spec changes. The current generation already has very good specs and a great camera so you probably can upgrade now then wait until 2016 for the 7.

Just my 0.02
~S

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
2GB RAM is a must for the new iphone (6S)

It's not a "must" imo. While it's nice to have on the iPad Air 2 if you have the Air 1 it doesn't make it terribly better that it's worth waiting for imo . If you like the 6 plus I say go for it. With all these options to upgrade annually like T-Mobile Jump! , sprint 12 month lease or easy pay and the optional $10 a month free to upgrade annually , or AT&T 12 month AT&T next. These aren't insanely cheap options but you'll save some doing this over buying in full and then selling the device and saves the hassle. The iPhone 6 plus is $949 dollars for the 128GB model and if you lease it for 12 months the total cost of the phone is $540 dollars for 12 months of leasing plus whatever tax there is on the leasing.

I also rather not be the first to buy the phones and Im done doing that. I got the iPhone 4 near launch and pre ordered on the first day I could in June and the speaker died a day after I got it. Pre ordered the Note 4 and the display sometimes wouldn't accept a touch input at all. Launch iphones had that memory issue with them using cheaper memory in the higher capacity models but since I bought the phone in March I assume the issue is fixed by now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Not so much for the 6s. The 6s Plus really needs a bit more. Even 1? gb RAM might be sufficient for the Plus.

Eh ios is still very snappy and the only advantage I see is tabs in safari and that is something I would like but not a necessity.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Because there will likely be new hardware of some type. Better camera, more RAM...who knows? It's just 6 more months.

That's always true ....but I rather get a new one now. Few reasons why I prefer getting a new phone specially iPhones later then release. I don't have to deal with the crazy pre orders , I don't have to deal with bad phones like how the higher capacity iPhones had used inferior memory and you get later built units. Unless your buying full price every year I feel I rather avoid with the crazy pre order frenzy imo

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's always true ....but I rather get a new one now. Few reasons why I prefer getting a new phone specially iPhones later then release. I don't have to deal with the crazy pre orders , I don't have to deal with bad phones like how the higher capacity iPhones had used inferior memory and you get later built units. Unless your buying full price every year I feel I rather avoid with the crazy pre order frenzy imo

I've never experienced a new phone at release date, and hadn't considered that. But I've never had the "s" model. My upgrade is in August. One more month won't hurt. I don't think the mad rush will be as bad this time as it was last September.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I've never experienced a new phone at release date, and hadn't considered that. But I've never had the "s" model. My upgrade is in August. One more month won't hurt. I don't think the mad rush will be as bad this time as it was last September.

I have with the iPhone 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The iPhone 4 I pre ordered online at Apple.com and it's speaker died a day after I got it. The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for T-Mobile the screen just wouldn't accept any input with any finger but would with the S-pen at pretty random times for a few minutes. These were both both pre ordered. I got a cellular iPad Air 2 at launch and the wifi at times doesn't work even though I have a connection and requires me to turn it off and on. Debating if I should go to the app,e store and hopefully get a good refurb unit back

I rather just wait for the hype to die down as well and see if there is any bugs , faulty parts or etc and whatever else that could be an issue and see if there is an issue or not. This way I don't have to deal with returning and etc

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox