Get the iPhone 6 Plus now or wait for the next gen?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ram isn't worth waiting 6 months for imo ....if you have the opportunity to get a 6 I say go for it . While it's nice to have 2GB of RAM it's not a necessity for iOS yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably a faster processor and better camera as well. Thing is, we don't know yet. My upgrade is in August. So I'll wait 1 month.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

PortCity79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
If you don't especially need it right now you can wait for the new model with the upgraded specs. Also, the 6 and 6 plus will be cheaper when the new ones come out (if you decide to go with those models). Either way you win out by waiting a few months.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Ram isn't worth waiting 6 months for imo ....if you have the opportunity to get a 6 I say go for it . While it's nice to have 2GB of RAM it's not a necessity for iOS yet.

In my experience it is a necessity and is worth waiting for. If that is one of his major concerns that is. My Plus, although a beast of a phone, can not hold more than one application open at a time it seems. Especially if that application is something like the camera.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Probably a faster processor and better camera as well. Thing is, we don't know yet. My upgrade is in August. So I'll wait 1 month.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

A one month wait I would wait but now I would get it imo. You can always get it now and sell it in a few months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the 6 with 128 GB right now and in hindsight I should have gotten the 6 plus, my close up vision is screaming for a larger screen. But I think I'll wait for the next one, I've made it 6 months with this one so...
Unless I get a really good deal for my 6, of course. ��

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
If I didn't have an iphone at all I'd just get one now and not wait.

I have the space grey iPhone 6 pus in 128GB. I really want it in gold but will wait until the 6S plus comes out as I will be paying for more than a colour change.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I am leasing my iPhone 6 plus with Sprint and feel safe enough that this phone will easily last me 24 months which is where the lease is at. If anything I could always buy the phone and end the lease , sell the phone and buy the new 6s plus

I rather wait till march to buy a new iPhone specially since I rather not deal with the iPhone rush craze and defects which I have come across any phone I've pre ordered be it the iPhone 4 or Samsung Galaxy note 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
It's not a "must" imo. While it's nice to have on the iPad Air 2 if you have the Air 1 it doesn't make it terribly better that it's worth waiting for imo . If you like the 6 plus I say go for it. With all these options to upgrade annually like T-Mobile Jump! , sprint 12 month lease or easy pay and the optional $10 a month free to upgrade annually , or AT&T 12 month AT&T next. These aren't insanely cheap options but you'll save some doing this over buying in full and then selling the device and saves the hassle. The iPhone 6 plus is $949 dollars for the 128GB model and if you lease it for 12 months the total cost of the phone is $540 dollars for 12 months of leasing plus whatever tax there is on the leasing.

I also rather not be the first to buy the phones and Im done doing that. I got the iPhone 4 near launch and pre ordered on the first day I could in June and the speaker died a day after I got it. Pre ordered the Note 4 and the display sometimes wouldn't accept a touch input at all. Launch iphones had that memory issue with them using cheaper memory in the higher capacity models but since I bought the phone in March I assume the issue is fixed by now.

How is it so cheap there? Here in Australia the outright cost of a 120gb six plus is $1240.

I REALLY hope apple stick with the large size from now on. Like I hope there will be a seven plus as well as a seven next year

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the 6 with 128 GB right now and in hindsight I should have gotten the 6 plus, my close up vision is screaming for a larger screen. But I think I'll wait for the next one, I've made it 6 months with this one so...
Unless I get a really good deal for my 6, of course. ��

Bwaaahaha: I went to Apple, "just to play" and walked out with a Plus. Sold my 6 yesterday. Best decision ever, I love the Plus. And now that I know how easy it it to sell an iPhone, I can do this again in 5 months hehehe...

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
How is it so cheap there? Here in Australia the outright cost of a 120gb six plus is $1240.

I REALLY hope apple stick with the large size from now on. Like I hope there will be a seven plus as well as a seven next year

I live in America :)

Everything is more expensive in Australia from what I've heard from friends who've been to Australia .

Heard it's a nice place...been to every continent except Australia, South America and Antartica :)

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I live in America :)

Everything is more expensive in Australia from what I've heard from friends who've been to Australia .

Heard it's a nice place...been to every continent except Australia, South America and Antartica :)

Yeah I keep finding that out. I think it's because the minimum wage is so much more here. Like $15-20 an hour. Just makes more sense to import stuff. At least it used to before the Australian dollar decided it wanted to be nasty lol

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't fall into this trap. If you get the 6s then the 7 will be a few months away too.

Just get what you need when you need it. Research the phone. If you think there aren't any bad design flaws get it, if you think there are then wait.

Personally I always get "s" releases for iPhones or second or third generations of everything else. iPad Air "2", iPhone "Xs"

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

I can't stand big phones. Been there done that.

I just sold my huge phone, went back to iPhone and searched for a 5s and got 2. One for me and one for the wife. Even the iPhone 6 is way too big. If I need a big screen I just grab the iPad.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I can't stand big phones. Been there done that.

I just sold my huge phone, went back to iPhone and searched for a 5s and got 2. One for me and one for the wife. Even the iPhone 6 is way too big. If I need a big screen I just grab the iPad.

I can't stand small phones ....only reason why I got an Android device after my iPhone 4

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I can't stand small phones ....only reason why I got an Android device after my iPhone 4

I couldn't either until I got an iPad. Now I'm on the Air 2 constantly. A phone like the 5s is the perfect companion.

I was sick of that giant brick bulging out of my pants. Looks terrible when you have that bulge in a nice pair of dress pants. When you can't sit without taking that thing out of your pocket.

I just had enough. And nobody is making 4" phones that are worth buying anymore. Everything is over 5 inches.

fionaV

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm having issues with my phone reception (white iphone 4) which worries me a lot.

Getting the 6plus soon... Dont really want the S generation

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods