How much data do you use a month?

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429408627.675598.jpg My data rolls over on the 19th of every month, so less than 24 hours, and this is probably about normal for me as I only have wifi at work or if I'm over at my dad's house. I'm on AT&T's unlimited data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Still rolling through a ton of data. Very frustrating trying to figure out why. I'll send out through cell data even though I'm on Wifi at really odd times of the day (i.e.. 2am).

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I use about 3-3.5 GB per month out of my 5. I am usually on Wi-Fi though, so that should factor into it. I think on average, Wi-Fi + LTE, I use well over 50 GB of data per month.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'll give that app a try. I see a wide disparity between what my provider indicates my usage is, and my phone, but in either case, I use a substantial bit more than most. Using my cell phone's measurements, Feb 2016 was 56 gig and March was 76 gig. (it resets usage data it reports each month on the billing cycle dates); cell phone provider reported about 59 gig. I do a lot of music streaming from my Plex server (music mostly); Wi-Fi usage was an additional 46 gig. But the disparity in the measurements did make me wonder about the reliability of the usage figures from the phone. Either way, a lot. I obviously have an unlimited plan.

Are you never on wifi?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
AT&T today just ditched their throttling policy on LTE customers, so anyone who is "grandfathered in" can get unlimited LTE data at regular speeds. I can't even begin to imagine how much data I will be using now since I hardly have any access to wifi.

Sent from my gold iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Elphie123

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I share a 10 GB plan with my brother. He uses around 7 GB of the 10 because he doesn't have much wifi where he lives. I was using about 1-2 GB with my Android phone, but now that I'm using my iPhone 6 plus I'm am almost 4GB. I'm not sure why either. I finally turned off the cellular data on the phone. I have wifi at home and at work. The only thing that I can think of is that the young man at Verizon used my cell data to set up the phone. I'll see how it goes this next billing cycle.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I tend to average a little over 3gbs a month. Right now I have 7gb left of my additional data that I can use, and once I go over that I am really going to have to consider upgrading it to 5gb a month.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm grandfathered in with AT&T's unlimited data plan so I don't pay attention to how much data I use...:)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed since increasing the amount of data on me and my wife's plan, we are using a lot more data than we used to. We have a 30GB plan and use about 20-25GB/month between us. We used to use about 10-15GB. I don't know whether AT&T is fleecing us out of roll over data because I haven't had to pay overage charges in a long time so I rarely pay close attention to it. Seems weird though since neither of us really use our phones any more or less than we did before. Might be time to watch it for a month just to see if AT&T is pulling their same old data thieves song and dance.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2