How much data do you use a month?

mikes1426

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I share 12 gigs and I average about 3-3.5 per month since I'm usually on wi-fi. My wife on the other hand will use about 6 gigs each month.

marinejld

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I probably hover around 5-7g/month on my wireless plan. Most days I'm in a corporate wifi area or I'm home and on wifi. On some of the days I'm off site I tether with my laptop.

Of course I'm not on a family share plan or anything like that...when my kids are old enough to have their own devices OMG I can't imagine the plan / bill / usage we will all be going through...I may as well open a savings account just for that purpose now...

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Who knows if it will still be around but I have my 12 year old on a FreedomPop plan. They are a Sprint MVNO and mostly offer low to mid grade Android phones although I think you can bring your own Sprint compatible phone. Anyway as a first cell phone I got her one of the cheap Androids, and the great thing about FreedomPop is their basic plan is free. She gets something like 300 min of voice, 300 SMS, messages, and 1GB of data each month for free (I forget the exact amounts). She only really needs to use it if she is at school and needs to stay late or something like that or sometimes she calls her friends. When she's at home and on wifi she just uses her iPad with iMessage, FaceTime, Skype etc. she's hadn't since mid-July and so far so good. She'd rather have an Apple device, so if she continues to do well with it (no drops, losing it, etc), then maybe next year we pick up a used Sprint iPhone 5S or something like that.

That's the best way to bring them along without losing a boatload of money. I've heard horror stories.

Lorenzo Franchitti

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I have an unlimited data plan that still has unlimited hotspot, my phone is also usually set to just download app updates and podcasts even if it's on cellular so mines varies from as little as 3GB all the way to 15GB. One month when my wifi was down for a few hours I tethered to my iMac and used 36GB that month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, I personally have only used
.082 gb so far with 6 days left.
7c3e90804b9a74c866bf0e509deeb3fa.jpg

But someone is using it! LOL
09b56f756d28c61e2c40f2396ade45e4.jpg

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator