I've got an appointment with the Apple Store on Thursday because my new iPhone 5s (less than two weeks old) has a problem with both speakers

I'm going to try push towards a replacement but do you i would be able to get a brand new sealed replacement as my phone is under two weeks old with no damage, also it was bought directly from Apple
    03-03-2015 10:34 AM
    They will replace you wit a new iPhone 5 s
    03-03-2015 10:50 AM
    Depends on what the store you visit has in stock... for in warranty replacement, they will probably do a refurb... the only way you'd get a new in box would be if they were out of refurbs... refurbs are in every respect quality wise as good as new in box, and warrantied as such. I'd have no worries with a refurb at all.
    anon(9132077) likes this.
    03-03-2015 10:53 AM
    Regardless of whether it is new or a refurb you'll probably get it in an unmarked white box without the charger or EarPods. However if you have your original box and accessories, the may just do a return since you are close to the 14 day return limit.
    03-03-2015 12:25 PM
    Should I take the box and accessories then? And would a return be money back or could they just exchange for a brand new one?
    03-03-2015 02:10 PM
    Should I take the box and accessories then? And would a return be money back or could they just exchange for a brand new one?
    Take the box and accessories and tell them you want to do an exchange. They won't give you the money back they will probably put it on a gift card and then buy it back. Or just a straight exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-03-2015 02:54 PM
    So if they don't exchange for a new one, i can easily ask for a refund on a gift card then just purchase a new one there and then?

How would this work if it was a family member who bought it online and won't be there? Would it be that simple?
    03-03-2015 04:03 PM
    So if they don't exchange for a new one, i can easily ask for a refund on a gift card then just purchase a new one there and then?

How would this work if it was a family member who bought it online and won't be there? Would it be that simple?
    I believe online purchases would have to be exchanged online. Atleast that's how it is with macbooks. When I purchased from the store and exchanged for various reasons they either put it in a gift card and bought it back ( I didn't even hold the gift card) or they did it as a straight exchange. It just depends on the complexity of the exchange. If they paid for it online and picked it up in store just get that person's card (just in case) or demand it go back on a gift card. Apple is really good with returns and they even exchanged my mac mini for a macbook pro a week after the return period.

03-03-2015 04:11 PM
    I believe online purchases would have to be exchanged online. Atleast that's how it is with macbooks. When I purchased from the store and exchanged for various reasons they either put it in a gift card and bought it back ( I didn't even hold the gift card) or they did it as a straight exchange. It just depends on the complexity of the exchange. If they paid for it online and picked it up in store just get that person's card (just in case) or demand it go back on a gift card. Apple is really good with returns and they even exchanged my mac mini for a macbook pro a week after the return period.

So you told them to put it on a gift card and purchase the new product straight away using that? Were they Alright with that? I might give that ago of they don't offer me a new exchange

Would they have to do that if you asked as its under 14 days old? Or would it be there choice weather they did it or not?
    03-03-2015 04:38 PM
    So you told them to put it on a gift card and purchase the new product straight away using that? Were they Alright with that? I might give that ago of they don't offer me a new exchange

Would they have to do that if you asked as its under 14 days old? Or would it be there choice weather they did it or not?
    I've had exchanges under 14 days and they've done that. And it was never my idea. I didn't request it. I think it might just be easier for them as credit card returned funds take a couple of days to process. I think it's their choice though. They might just swap it out directly but that was the method they did for me a couple of times. I've exchanged an ipad for a bigger size and they did that for me.

03-03-2015 04:44 PM
    I've had exchanges under 14 days and they've done that. And it was never my idea. I didn't request it. I think it might just be easier for them as credit card returned funds take a couple of days to process. I think it's their choice though. They might just swap it out directly but that was the method they did for me a couple of times. I've exchanged an ipad for a bigger size and they did that for me.

We're the exchanges under 14 days for brand new ones? And I will have to see what happens, appointment is on a few days, hoping they will just swap it or at least do that gift card way, if not then I may have to refund on the card
    03-03-2015 04:49 PM
    Yup I got brand new ones (had retail packaging) good luck.

03-03-2015 04:52 PM
    Yup I got brand new ones (had retail packaging) good luck.

I will be sure to take the packaging, would I need to take the box it was delivered in and the packaging list that was in the delivery box or don't you need them?
    03-03-2015 04:59 PM
    Oh it was delivered not a in store pick up? I'm not sure how it'll work then because I know exchanges for online bought and delivered items need to be online. Just ask for a new device. Refurbished units aren't bad though. I didn't buy the stuff I exchanged online so it may be different for you.

03-03-2015 05:02 PM
    Oh it was delivered not a in store pick up? I'm not sure how it'll work then because I know exchanges for online bought and delivered items need to be online. Just ask for a new device. Refurbished units aren't bad though. I didn't buy the stuff I exchanged online so it may be different for you.

Well we will just have to see, I will take everything just in case and I will keep you updated on what happens, appointment still isn't for another few days though, one more thing though, if they do exchange it, will they also sit there and wait for your phone to wipe all your data?
    03-03-2015 05:04 PM
    They will exchange it because it's a hardware issue regardless. But the gift card thing is iffy in your situation. Depends on how busy it is. They may quickly help someone else but if it isn't that busy yeah they'll wait for the wipe to complete. You can also wipe it yourself to save the time.

03-03-2015 05:07 PM
    They will exchange it because it's a hardware issue regardless. But the gift card thing is iffy in your situation. Depends on how busy it is. They may quickly help someone else but if it isn't that busy yeah they'll wait for the wipe to complete. You can also wipe it yourself to save the time.

Yeah but I'm after a brand new sealed replacement, I'm just picky like that, and would hate to spend so much just to have it replaced for a refurb or whatever it's called after just 2 weeks
    03-03-2015 05:15 PM
    Is it good to get a refurbished phone? Because I had bad experience with used phones lately with any service provider that I had.
    03-04-2015 11:59 AM
    I had Apple care on my iPhone 4, it gotten stolen but I haven't even attempt to get a new IPhone so I went back to android for a while then I became a windows phone fan. Now I am back at using a IPhone 5c with AT&T go phone plan with no Apple care. Just a case on my white device.
    03-04-2015 12:07 PM
    I'm pretty dang sure you'll be getting a new phone. Less than 2 week old phone..
    03-04-2015 01:33 PM
    I really hope so, my appointment is tomorrow so I will update everyone on what gets said/done tomorrow night,

Thanks for all the help you have given me so far!
    03-04-2015 06:24 PM
    Apple is the only tech company from whom I would take a refurb with no fears. EVERYBODY else has given me junk for refurbs. Apple had never failed anyone I know, even with refurbs.
    Closingracer likes this.
    03-04-2015 06:54 PM
    Well I went into Apple Store and waited for a genius, I explained my problem and he said he had never heard of this problem before, he said we could replace it but it would be a re-manufactured phone and explained what that meant, and then he said to get a brand new sealed one or a refund I would have to send it back online, so I'm keeping my current phone for now and will perhaps get a exchange in the future
    03-05-2015 11:26 AM

No I bought my iPad Air 2 64GB online but decided I wanted 128GB and LTE and went to the store for an exchange..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-25-2015 10:32 PM
    Well I went into Apple Store and waited for a genius, I explained my problem and he said he had never heard of this problem before, he said we could replace it but it would be a re-manufactured phone and explained what that meant, and then he said to get a brand new sealed one or a refund I would have to send it back online, so I'm keeping my current phone for now and will perhaps get a exchange in the future
    They work great. My iPhone 4 was one I pre ordered online and the speaker died on my unit the next day and went to the Apple Store and got a refurbished unit and worked like a tank. It literally survived drops of 6 feet or more on concrete , hail storms and etc and all it got was a big gouge on the front glass panel left of the Home button

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-25-2015 10:35 PM
29 12