Would my phone be replaced with new or refurb

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Apple is the only tech company from whom I would take a refurb with no fears. EVERYBODY else has given me junk for refurbs. Apple had never failed anyone I know, even with refurbs.

Jordss

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Well I went into Apple Store and waited for a genius, I explained my problem and he said he had never heard of this problem before, he said we could replace it but it would be a re-manufactured phone and explained what that meant, and then he said to get a brand new sealed one or a refund I would have to send it back online, so I'm keeping my current phone for now and will perhaps get a exchange in the future

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I believe online purchases would have to be exchanged online. Atleast that's how it is with macbooks. When I purchased from the store and exchanged for various reasons they either put it in a gift card and bought it back ( I didn't even hold the gift card) or they did it as a straight exchange. It just depends on the complexity of the exchange. If they paid for it online and picked it up in store just get that person's card (just in case) or demand it go back on a gift card. Apple is really good with returns and they even exchanged my mac mini for a macbook pro a week after the return period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I bought my iPad Air 2 64GB online but decided I wanted 128GB and LTE and went to the store for an exchange..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Well I went into Apple Store and waited for a genius, I explained my problem and he said he had never heard of this problem before, he said we could replace it but it would be a re-manufactured phone and explained what that meant, and then he said to get a brand new sealed one or a refund I would have to send it back online, so I'm keeping my current phone for now and will perhaps get a exchange in the future

They work great. My iPhone 4 was one I pre ordered online and the speaker died on my unit the next day and went to the Apple Store and got a refurbished unit and worked like a tank. It literally survived drops of 6 feet or more on concrete , hail storms and etc and all it got was a big gouge on the front glass panel left of the Home button

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
No I bought my iPad Air 2 64GB online and got it Wednesday but decided I wanted 128GB and LTE and went to the store for an exchange..

I guess some places do that but I've found that most in my area don't. And the OP got the same response from Apple in his location as they've said he would have to return it online for a fully new one.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I guess some places do that but I've found that most in my area don't. And the OP got the same response from Apple in his location as they've said he would have to return it online for a fully new one.

I went to the Apple Store in NYC. The one on Fifth avenue in Manhattan. The guy even let me keep the Lightning cable and charger from the returned unit

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I went to the Apple Store in NYC. The one on Fifth avenue in Manhattan. The guy even let me keep the Lightning cable and charger from the returned unit

Lol I guess I'll have to cross the border for my returns. I've gotten a macbook exchanged becsuse of a failed logic board and I didn't have the box or anything besides the computer (it was a simple genius appointment) and I couldn't keep any cables and not sure if they gave me the box.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Lol I guess I'll have to cross the border for my returns. I've gotten a macbook exchanged becsuse of a failed logic board and I didn't have the box or anything besides the computer (it was a simple genius appointment) and I couldn't keep any cables and not sure if they gave me the box.

Yeah the Apple employee was super nice about it but seems like it's a case by case basis. Tbh I didn't really care because I bought the 2 meter cable and a 12 watt charger I bought on Amazon but still nice I now have an extra charger specially how cheap Apple cables are. I remembered how poor they were with the iPhone 4 and iPods .

Either way I wouldn't be worried about refurbished units imo. Apple is the only ones who I'll accept one with no complainants .

Apple customer service is one of the reasons why I got an iPhone 6 plus after using Android for the past few years